Slept with my best friends boyfriend. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am so so upset. I know it's not an excuse, but I was so drunk, I can not remember my whole night out. I can't remember bringing him back to my house or anything.

I can't believe what I have done. I feel so guilty. He won't say anything, and obviously I won't. But I don't know what to do now. I don't even want to see him ever again. I'm mortified. I am a horrible person. What do I do?
Lizzie232
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Talk to her about it. You have to even if its gonna feel horrendous.

Explain that you were drunk etc but also acknowledge to her that you know that it in no way excuses your actions.

You have to let her decide what to do after she knows.

Good luck!
awe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can save a little bit of this by now telling your friend. You know that your 'best friend' is dating someone who has cheated on her. In what world would you not tell her that? You've already done something awful and betrayed her, do not now hide away in secrecy just to save yourself and the boyfriend. Tell her, don't be a coward. She so, so deserves this truth. You have to own up to what you have done, not just post anonymously online about it.
chlobofro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can either tell her now and save her from being mugged off but you are very likely to lose a friend so decide what is most important. She deserves to know how scummy you both are.
ThoughtIsFree
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you've ****ed up your friendship, there's not a lot you can do.
DannyYYYY
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, come crying to a forum about it to strangers.

Your choice, now you deal with any consequences.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd tell your friend, but I'm pretty sure your relationship is screwed from here. Perhaps she'll be forgiving, but you'll have to live with the consequences...
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Apologise to your (soon to be ex) friend.
moonriver96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We all make mistakes. Esp. stupid ones when we are drunk. but you need to come clean to your friend- your BEST friend. If she stops being your friend, atleast you did the right thing and came clean. Otherwise your friendship from now on would be a lie. I know its hard.. But you never know, there is a slight chance she might forgive you since you came clean. I wouldn't wait too long to do it though.
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure what help insulting the OP is going to give.

I'll say the quicker you tell your friend this happened, that there is some greater chance of things being resolved positively. At least, more positively than if you leave things to linger. Isn't going to be easy, as you may have jeopardised your friendship badly.
ninuzu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, seeing as your friendship has been ****ed up; because she will find out at some point, you might as well tell her.
xDave-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally, I would arrange to not tell your friend with her boyfriend, but that depends if you can live with the guilt. Either way, whether you tell her now or it comes out later, she's most likely not going to want to be friends with you anymore, so if you want to continue the friendship then your best bet would be to lie. Unless you think she might actually forgive you, then you could tell her. But, tbh, the friendship is most probably over, bad luck. This'll teach you to think before you drink in future.
markharris
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell your friend your self, if you cant tell face to face then tell by text.
Slyca
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mia_baines)
We all make mistakes. Esp. stupid ones when we are drunk. but you need to come clean to your friend- your BEST friend. If she stops being your friend, atleast you did the right thing and came clean. Otherwise your friendship from now on would be a lie. I know its hard.. But you never know, there is a slight chance she might forgive you since you came clean. I wouldn't wait too long to do it though.
this is why you don't drink...
Yakob
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Slyca)
this is why you don't drink...
Nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, its discipline where people mess up, knowing when to stop can make a huge difference between a good night and a bad night.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell her. It will come out at some point in the future anyway, so save the future pain and trouble now.

Also, don't drink that much again. I don't know why people try to claim diminished responsibility because of drink - nobody forced it down your neck.
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please keep offensiveness out of the thread, just insulting the OP is not going to change anything, and is breaking the rules
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have done stupid things whilst drunk, so I completely understand that you feel awful, and there may have been no conscious intention behind it. However, I would take this as a lesson that negligence is just as bad as intent. For example, a driver talking on their mobile who kills a pedestrian may be the nicest person in the world, but because they didn't pay due care and attention they have to live with the consequences of their actions. You don't have to stop drinking, just make some good come out of this experience by thinking twice next time.

What you do next will depend on what kind of person you want to be in life. There is no right or wrong. I would say the closest thing to 'right' would be to tell your friend immediately, without explanation but no excuses, and take the consequences. However, I know it's not that simple in reality.
lizlaz350
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should tell her.

It'll be hard for her but she's currently got a boyfriend who is willing to cheat on her and a best friend who is willing to sleep with her boyfriend and she deserves to know so that she can cut contact if she wants to.

If you're really her best friend and you genuinely do care about her (questionable by your actions so far...), you owe it to her to tell her the truth.
letsbehonest
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't tell her and make sure he doesn't tell her.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.84%
No (155)
74.16%

Watched Threads