Recommend me some new house music...

Watch this thread
Tigerheart
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Okay these are my tastes, from Spotify so if you guys got any new artists or songs to match it then go ahead and recommend them for me

Name:  dlgx28.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  165.1 KB

Note as you can see my definition of house may be slightly different then yours//
Tigerheart
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
bump
martin jol
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
it's not house but listen to flume's album. lovely stuff.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Not even Daft Punk
Tigerheart
Rep:
(Original post by Ndella)
Not even Daft Punk
Not a fan to be honest, only like the Harder Faster Stronger song
Tigerheart
Rep:
(Original post by martin jol)
it's not house but listen to flume's album. lovely stuff.
Will check it out now.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Daft Punk are p, over-rated.
username1243196
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I would definitely check out Majestic Casual's channel on YouTube- they also have an album out on itunes.

A few of my general favourites are:

Say my name by Destiny's Child (Cyril Hahn remix)
So good to me- Chris Malichank
Wake me up- Avicii speed remix
Gold- Bondax (Snakehips bootleg)
Don't save me- HAIM (cyril hahn remix)
Papaoutai- Stromae
Tous les memes- Stromae

Hope this helps!
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Theres different types of house tbh

Deep House is entirely different to the Avicci-esque type of house which is very popular these days e.g Martin Garrix (perhaps EDM would be more accurate) , Knife Party , Nervo , Steve Aoki . Laidback luke , Hardwell , Calvin Harris

Other than the previously mentioned I like Chris Malinchak , Sandervan Doorn , Tiesto , Ray Foxx , Subfocus , Eric Prydz

Then you have your popular stuff which is high up the charts : , Love this track atm i'd classify it as house/garage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSflyxT2-E - give it a listen.

Theres a guy on here called Tehforum who knows his **** when it comes to house , he might post here.

P.S Props for the Inna - Amazing track , ultimate summer song haters gone hate :cool:
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ilove_psychology)
I would definitely check out Majestic Casual's channel on YouTube- they also have an album out on itunes.

Hope this helps!
Majestic Casual is the BOMB , ultimate house party music right there . I go through their playlists 24/7 , listen to a bit of Chris Malinchak in the morning etc
Q1126272
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Few that come to mind
flume sleepless
wekeed wild child
NONONO pumpin blood wekeed remix
say Lou Lou Julian chain smokers remix
friendly fires Paris aeroplane remix
bit older but I love Adrian lux teenage crime
username1243196
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
Majestic Casual is the BOMB , ultimate house party music right there . I go through their playlists 24/7 , listen to a bit of Chris Malinchak in the morning etc
I also came across this other great channel- "the sound you need" - thoroughly recommended!
Tigerheart
Rep:
Wow thanks guys, I'll be sure to check them out.
Autistic Merit
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Guru Josh Project
Zedd
Wilkinson
Le Youth
Storm Queen
Nicky Romero
deadmau5
ATB

And, yes, I realise half of those are trance or drum n bass instead of house.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
God you guys have such good taste in music ! Shame all my friends like trash.
Tigerheart
Rep:
Theres different types of house tbh

Deep House is entirely different to the Avicci-esque type of house which is very popular these days e.g Martin Garrix (perhaps EDM would be more accurate) , Knife Party , Nervo , Steve Aoki . Laidback luke , Hardwell , Calvin Harris

Other than the previously mentioned I like Chris Malinchak , Sandervan Doorn , Tiesto , Ray Foxx , Subfocus

Then you have your popular stuff which is high up the charts : , Love this track atm i'd classify it as house/garage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSflyxT2-E - give it a listen.

Theres a guy on here called Tehforum who knows his **** when it comes to house , he might post here.

P.S Props for the Inna - Amazing track , ultimate summer song haters gone hate :cool:
So what kind of house music genre do I listen to based on my genres.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tigerheart)
So what kind of house music genre do I listen to based on my genres.
A mixture of pop , generic house and a bit of trance . House has become somewhat of a blanket term , I mean listen to a track like

Together - DJ Falcon & Thomas Bangalter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGzVv795uHQ

About as 'House' as you can get imo

Compare that with the type of things you hear get called house these days and you can see theres quite a difference.
Tigerheart
Rep:
(Original post by majmuh24)
W & W
Dmitri Vegas and Like Mike
Nicky Romero (love this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTp4okj-eM)
Zedd

If you like Deep House, try:
Disclosure
Chris Malinchak
MK
Gorgon City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b46RCRKggsE)
I like the Dmitri Vegas song, deep house isn't my thing though, but thanks.
Tigerheart
Rep:
A mixture of pop , generic house and a bit of trance . House has become somewhat of a blanket term , I mean listen to a track like

Together - DJ Falcon & Thomas Bangalter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGzVv795uHQ

About as 'House' as you can get imo

Compare that with the type of things you hear get called house these days and you can see theres quite a difference.
Sampling the song I can see the difference I guess/
Tigerheart
Rep:
(Original post by Autistic Merit)
Guru Josh Project
Zedd
Wilkinson
Le Youth
Storm Queen
Nicky Romero
deadmau5
ATB

And, yes, I realise half of those are trance or drum n bass instead of house.
Only artist that takes my fancy is Nicky Romero, I do know about the others, but there not my style I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads