Uni has changed my offer after giving me the offer? Watch

Lauren___e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have applied to do teaching courses and have received three offers so far. My issue is that one of the courses I applied to (key stage 2/3 maths) gave me an offer about a month ago but last week they changed the offer to a different course. Are they allowed to do this? I don't want to do the course they have now offered me and was wondering if it is likely that I will be able to have this choice released so that I can apply to a different course? They surely shouldn't be allowed to give me one offer and then change it..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Email them and ask what's going on, they might have made a mistake somewhere along the line but I'm pretty sure they can change the offer if they made an error when the gave you the original offer. It's annoying but it happens.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They're allowed to change the offer conditions (but not without notifying you).

What they're not allowed to do without your agreement is to change the course that the offer relates to without your agreement.

Contact the uni by phone ASAP (you *might* get through to someone today - if not you're going to have to wait until new year).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?