Where to learn about Corporate news?

Watch
Howbeit
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Sorry of this isn't the right section, it seems the most relevant!

I want to to learn more about corporate news and things going on right now and in the past 6 months. I'm applying to commercial law firms so I'm trying to brush up on my knowledge. I read the financial times and the economist, however, do you know any online sources that discuss recent corporate news?

Thanks!
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
TV: Bloomberg is brilliant, CNBC is fairly good (it may not be CNBC but i'm thinking of Sky Channel 505)

News: Financial Times, Wall Street Journal
MoneypennyLyon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As the above poster said Bloomburg is good, and of corse the Wall Street Journal and the financial times.
Capn cas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The firm websites themselves, or their pages on things like Facebook/ their twitter feeds.
I myself have been following Freshfields and Stephenson Harwood for the past two years (and occassionally read Evershed's publications).
mc13177
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Westlaw firm names.

BBC analysis can be good.
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
@CNNMoney @BBCOntheMoney @BBCYourMoney
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
News: Financial Times, Wall Street Journal
I think he wants media sources which doesn't cost money.
Howbeit
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If I want to learn more about Corporate law and what affects these law firms generally, and more about the market they work in. What section of the financial times would be most useful to read more thoroughly, companies and markets?
mc13177
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RobertWhite)
If I want to learn more about Corporate law and what affects these law firms generally, and more about the market they work in. What section of the financial times would be most useful to read more thoroughly, companies and markets?
Yes. Lex column is also very good.
julia_x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm currently a trainee in a corporate team, and I find that www.lexology.com is a good source for the latest updates changes to corporate law. I write a monthly update for my team on the latest changes to legislation and case law, and its often my starting point. Everything on there is written by law firms so its relevant to the legal sector and free to use. The sources other people have suggested are also really useful .

I hope this helps!
Unsworth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I follow a twitter account called London Law Exchange which seems to often discuss interesting commercial/corporate news.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (188)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.09%
I still don't know (93)
16.52%

Watched Threads