littlemissmanda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Where are people applying to? I've heard Talybont is the best for 1st years, but they rooms are all ensuite and cost a lot more than other residences. Help!!
Mojojojo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by littlemissmanda)
Where are people applying to? I've heard Talybont is the best for 1st years, but they rooms are all ensuite and cost a lot more than other residences. Help!!
Hi, seen you twice asking about accommodation and thought I'd help you out! Talybont is the largest community out of all the halls at Cardiff, and has facilities such as the social centre and launderettes just out the door. Talybont court rooms are slightly larger than the those at South, and south I believe is nicer than North, but only marginally. South and North are apparently livelier than Court, which is said to be the quietest, and court is the most expensive too. However, compared to a lot of other universities in big cities, Cardiff's accommodation is pretty cheap! They're all right next to each other, so don't be concerned with the walking distances between them and the uni/town.
If I choose to go there, Talybont South will be my first choice.
Et Tu, Brute?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
when do they start taking the accommodation applications?
Hamza 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will also be starting my 1 year LLb law in 2014 and after allot of consideration i have decided to go for Talybont North:D
Dan4155
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hamza 11)
I will also be starting my 1 year LLb law in 2014 and after allot of consideration i have decided to go for Talybont North
I'm firming Cardiff, and most likely choosing Talybont North too! Any reason why you chose that over other residences?
I'll be at the heath park campus so only Talybont north is available for me.
Hamza 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dan4155)
I'm firming Cardiff, and most likely choosing Talybont North too! Any reason why you chose that over other residences?

I really like the small en suite room they are offering plus it looks like a good campus for social and sports activity both
Dan4155
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hamza 11)
I really like the small en suite room they are offering plus it looks like a good campus for social and sports activity both
Yeah I agree, I've put it as my first choice too so hopefully I'll get a place
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Talybont South looks like the front runner for me right now, but I'm not sure yet.

I see Talybont Gate is opening in September this year. No prices are up for it yet, but have any of you considered it?

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospec...bont-gate.html
SophieHarrison
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To current/past students:

I'm doing a foundation year at another uni at the moment so I've kind of done the whole halls thing, and after looking at Cardiff's accommodation it doesn't really look that great. So first question, am I right? And second question, for distance to the uni and town and everything, what is the best area to look for flats in? I don't really want to pay much more than £500 a month including bills!
kieranlewis
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Trust me, Student Village is where it's at. I didn't get accommodation at Talybont, but the Student Village is closer to the uni, town centre and SU, and much cheaper than Talybont.
AllieBob
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi... Talybont is good however I live in University Hall at the moment and love it! You get bigger rooms for a cheaper price, it has lovely grounds/gardens and a tennis court and has a fab atmosphere! There's also a social room with tvs, xboxs and pool tables and a free bus to both the heath and main university campus which is brilliant when its raining! There's loads of free parking around if you want to bring a car and the neighbourhood is lush! You can choose ensuite or shared... I'm shared and never see anyone else in the bathroom! Never had to wait for a shower or the toilet once! I put Taly as my first choice last year but are so happy I'm in Uni Halls!
Don't rule it out!
Hope this helps
Ahad Sheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone applying to Liberty?
Dan4155
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ahad Sheikh)
Is anyone applying to Liberty?
Yeah its my second choice after Talybont North.
What you planning on studying?
Ahad Sheikh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah its my second choice after Talybont North.
What you planning on studying?
Damn, I must have missed something. I didn't know Talybont was such a hotspot. I've applied to study Architecture.. and you?
M_Kirk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know anything about the student flats (Colum Road/Village)? They look great to me, but I don't really see anyone on here discussing them. Any opinions or comments on them?
Roishh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know much about liberty Cambrian point and if it is a good place to live if you will be studying at Heath park campus?
pandawarrior
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! Does anyone know where the online application form is ? I have accepted an unconditional offer and I still can't access it even when I use the applicant portal. Thanks in advance!
Preya24
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pandawarrior)
Hey! Does anyone know where the online application form is ? I have accepted an unconditional offer and I still can't access it even when I use the applicant portal. Thanks in advance!
Hi I had the same problem until yesterday. I mailed [email protected] regarding this. It seems they had a technical issue that was preventing us from accessing the site.It has been identified and fixed.You can now click onto Residences in your applicant portal.It worked for me today.Hope it does for you.
pandawarrior
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I tried today but it just endlessly redirects me to this page...maybe I missed something but I really don't understand. I mailed them today, I'll wait for their answer ! Thanks anyway
Roishh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is Talybont north definitely the only one available to those studying at Heath park campus?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest