Which Team has the most fans on TSR? Watch

sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
The United thread is the most active, but I'm not sure that means the have the most or it's because the users on it are more active
The Arsenal soc is far more active, although it seems to attract plenty of trolls.
Tpos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
In that case, who do you support?

I know a million girls who support United because of Beckham/Ronaldo...
Lol yep they are reasons girls may support Utd. I also have heard girls say they support Liverpool because of Jamie Redknapp and support Liverpool/Chelsea/Spain because of Torres (and other Spanish players)

I have started following football! I doubt I'll ever go to football ground lol but I like watching them on tv, and I'd happily watch Neville and Carragher analyse games on MNF I'll admit my football knowledge still isn't great though haha. I support Man United BUT it's not cuz I'm a glory hunter (can that still apply to us? ) or that I fancy any of the players, it's just cuz my family members and the one friend who was always really into football support them...
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
The Arsenal soc is far more active, although it seems to attract plenty of trolls.
Fair enough - haven't been on it in a while, might have to pop in
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Fair enough - haven't been on it in a while, might have to pop in
Be warned :lol:
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tpos)
I support Man United BUT it's not cuz I'm a glory hunter (can that still apply to us? ) or that I fancy any of the players, it's just cuz my family members and the one friend who was always really into football support them...
Do you live in Manchester/Salford? If not & have no particular connection with that place, your family are probably glory hunters.
Tpos
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kilroy8)
Do you live in Manchester/Salford? If not & have no particular connection with that place, your family are probably glory hunters.
I don't know if I agree with that argument. I mean when you start to follow a team regularly, "get to know" the players, the history and go through the ups and downs (admittedly United haven't had many downs until now) you build a personal connection with the team. I think at that point it becomes more about than just always winning. I don't think people with such a connection with a team, wherever they are in the world, would easily switch to support whatever other teams at the top. I mean as a Utd fan I'm not going to start supporting City/Arsenal/Liverpool just because they're doing well and one of them are likely to win. That'd just be wrong!

(No, I obviously don't live in Manchester lol)
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tpos)
I don't know if I agree with that argument. I mean when you start to follow a team regularly, "get to know" the players, the history and go through the ups and downs (admittedly United haven't had many downs until now) you build a personal connection with the team. I think at that point it becomes more about than just always winning. I don't think people with such a connection with a team, wherever they are in the world, would easily switch to supporting whatever other teams at the top. I mean as a Utd fan I'm not going to start supporting City/Arsenal/Liverpool just because they're doing well and one of them are likely to win. That'd just be wrong!

(No, I obviously don't live in Manchester lol)
No, I'm not saying you'd jump to a different team for glory. I do believe you get a connection with a team, though this something that comes with time. I believe many people, from being young, support the good teams, but when they get older, you realise you can change your country, you can change your religion, but you can never change your team.
Tpos
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kilroy8)
No, I'm not saying you'd jump to a different team for glory. I do believe you get a connection with a team, though this something that comes with time. I believe many people, from being young, support the good teams, but when they get older, you realise you can change your country, you can change your religion, but you can never change your team.
Fair enough :yy:
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Arsenal.

But you get loads of 'United' fans.
scriggy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well if you went by which societies have the most posts/threads it's:

Arsenal
Man United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle
Villa/City/Spurs all very close

It ebbs and flows though. The Newcastle thread has gone cold the last few months. :rip:
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scriggy)
Well if you went by which societies have the most posts/threads it's:

Arsenal
Man United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle
Villa/City/Spurs all very close

It ebbs and flows though. The Newcastle thread has gone cold the last few months. :rip:
Funny that you guys are doing well and the thread has now gone cold. Guess people aren't jumping on the Pardew out bandwagon to waste posting space :rolleyes:
scriggy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Funny that you guys are doing well and the thread has now gone cold. Guess people aren't jumping on the Pardew out bandwagon to waste posting space :rolleyes:
We were at our peak when we finished 5th so I'm not sure on the reason really. I think people just got pissed over the summer with Kinnear/Wonga/not signing anyone/Pardew keeping his job and got disillusioned with it all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (106)
17.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (64)
10.41%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (108)
17.56%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.96%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (62)
10.08%
How can I be the best version of myself? (183)
29.76%

Watched Threads