Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

It is the start of the Christmas term.. and I really plan on using these 2 weeks off very wisely and productively to study French.

Would any of you have gotten an "A" in AS French have any study tips? I have all the study material.. I do EDEXCEL AS FRENCH..

so yeah, i've got everything.. from grammar rules to vocab lists, etc. I just really do not know where to start.. :confused:

Do you have a foolproof study plan or schedule? e.g. study vocabulary, learn french grammar, where it is best to focus, etc.

i really do not know how to start and any help or tips will be really appreciated! thanks so much in advance ! hope everybody is having an amazing holiday x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carloseanopry)
    Hi everyone!

It is the start of the Christmas term.. and I really plan on using these 2 weeks off very wisely and productively to study French.

Would any of you have gotten an "A" in AS French have any study tips? I have all the study material.. I do EDEXCEL AS FRENCH..

so yeah, i've got everything.. from grammar rules to vocab lists, etc. I just really do not know where to start.. :confused:

Do you have a foolproof study plan or schedule? e.g. study vocabulary, learn french grammar, where it is best to focus, etc.

i really do not know how to start and any help or tips will be really appreciated! thanks so much in advance ! hope everybody is having an amazing holiday x

Hi, I got an A in AS Level French and we did Edexcel. We had a really good teacher for AS French and what we did was go through the textbook at the beginning of the year, learning the vocabulary as we went along. We also learnt (by doing some each week in the first school term) the French grammar, irregular verbs and tenses. I'd recommend knowing these inside out since it really helps for the exams. We then started going over our own topics for the speaking exam in detail e.g. I did the Education and Work topic and I learnt all the vocabulary that was in that topic plus some extra by reading around the subject in French articles etc. Then we prepared questions and answers on our topics and learnt them (obviously in the exam there are some spontaneous questions but most of the questions are quite predictable). We also started practicing past papers for the listening, reading and writing just at home at first without a time limit (we got the listening tracks from our teacher's computer onto a memory stick). Closer to the exams we did practice speaking exams with our teacher in the lessons but for extra revision I went over my questions and answers at home (you can get anyone to practice them with you; they don't have to know a lot of (if any) French, they can just read out the questions from the sheet and check if you remember the answers). We also practiced doing the stimulus cards so you get used to the structure of them and to responding spontaneously. For the written paper, we did one or two practice ones during lessons to get used to how it would be during the exam. Hope this helps! Ps sorry for the essay! :P

ReputationRep:
    got any tips of WJEC FRENCH AS
    would u recommed revising 500+ vocab words (started already)
    wat things woulu say is key for an A at as
    and wat things did u do 2 get ur A

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.