The Student Room Group

Cass MSc International Accounting vs Finance or Warwick MSc in Finance for 2014/2015

Hello guys,

I have the following 'problem':

I have been accepted onto the above mentioned courses and I keep weighing the pros and cons up against each other for both courses, but I thought it would be interesting to get as many peoples' opinions before finalising my decision.

Here are some of the questions I mainly ask myself, and which you may also have an opinion or 'insight' on:

-How much of a difference does the 'and Accounting' part for the Cass course make to break into finance? Is it positive or negative? Why?

- Will studying at a university that is close to the 'big players' in finance give me (much) advantage? Which advantages?

- How are Warwick and Cass seen in America and Asia... In case my career drifts into that direction?

- Which will equip me with a higher likelihood of getting hired/ more interviews for a better/higher paid job?

- Which would you choose to break into finance?

- I am still waiting for Imperial to come back to me, do you think Imprial's Accounting and Finance course clearly has the edge over the other two courses and hence if I get them I should certainly take them?

Thanks a lot for your helpful thoughts, comments and insights.
Original post by wonderwhere
Hello guys,

I have the following 'problem':

I have been accepted onto the above mentioned courses and I keep weighing the pros and cons up against each other for both courses, but I thought it would be interesting to get as many peoples' opinions before finalising my decision.

Here are some of the questions I mainly ask myself, and which you may also have an opinion or 'insight' on:

-How much of a difference does the 'and Accounting' part for the Cass course make to break into finance? Is it positive or negative? Why?

- Will studying at a university that is close to the 'big players' in finance give me (much) advantage? Which advantages?

- How are Warwick and Cass seen in America and Asia... In case my career drifts into that direction?

- Which will equip me with a higher likelihood of getting hired/ more interviews for a better/higher paid job?

- Which would you choose to break into finance?

- I am still waiting for Imperial to come back to me, do you think Imprial's Accounting and Finance course clearly has the edge over the other two courses and hence if I get them I should certainly take them?

Thanks a lot for your helpful thoughts, comments and insights.

I would say defo Warwick, but then I really loved it at the open day so I'm biased (and I don't like London unis). TBH though, why don't you just try and break into a major firm via a graduate job. I don't think a masters will be more advantageous than some solid work experience. If you are thinking of working aboard the ACA is renowned worldwide, so that might be an option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending