The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
probably does but that will depend on the individual
Reply 2
terrible trolling

you tried op, you really did
Reply 3
I would say that Oxbridge has more things that it is better at London Met, than London Met has that are better than Oxbridge...if that makes sense.
Reply 4
id love to here one thing london met is better in. lmao
Reply 5
No university is objectively better than another. End.
Reply 6
Things London Met is better at than Oxford:

- Being nearer to London

Um?
Reply 7
Original post by KD35

This. A PhD from a university with a lesser reputation, but better specific department than a rival, is more useful than a PhD from the "better" university with the worse off department.

Its all about resources and research impact. Not all research from Oxford goes on to have an impact on the recommendations made by the research, in fact its something polytechnics probably do quite well on. Simply different objectives.
Reply 8
When someone says they are not trolling ...

Spoiler

Original post by KD35

That's not true either...
Its definitely better at being **** lol!
Oh yet another discussion (even if it is a troll) about which universities are best. Boring :rolleyes:
Oxbridge isn't some omnipotent leviathan when it comes to unis. I am looking to study English Lit and the course at either Oxford or Cambridge isn't that well respected compared to other unis like Warwick, Manchester and UEA (which isn't even Russell group)
Reply 13
Original post by Tom_green_day
Oxbridge isn't some omnipotent leviathan when it comes to unis. I am looking to study English Lit and the course at either Oxford or Cambridge isn't that well respected compared to other unis like Warwick, Manchester and UEA (which isn't even Russell group)

Yeah, but where is London Met?
Original post by Tom_green_day

lol, Oxford and Cambridge are more respected than all of those universities for English Literature.

eg: http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2013/english-language-and-literature
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
**** uni but they're like one of the best unis for architecture, perhaps better than oxford?
Reply 16
London met is obviously the best university in the world. 4n OP.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
lol, Oxford and Cambridge are more respected than all of those universities for English Literature.

eg: http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2013/english-language-and-literature

I didn't think it would be long before Oxbridge's Propagandist-in-Chief ventured into this thread!
Reply 18
Looooooool, let's not kid ourselves, Oxbridge over everything...unless you'd consider moving to the US for Harvard or possibly even MIT.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Firstly that listing is for both Lit and Lang, which is very different from Lit on its own. Secondly, #16 on that list is UCL. I'm not sure if you're aware but UCL doesn't actually provide courses in Literature, Language or a combination of the two, so that list seems like bull**** to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending