The Student Room Group

Does my boyfriend have a diagnosable disorder?

[h="1"]A few things:[/h]

- He hasn't worked for 5 years (lived with an ex for 5 years for free and claimed the situation worked for them both as she enjoyed his company)
- He is excessively frugal and refuses to take me out on dates to restaurants as he 'doesn't get much out of food'. Asks me to walk to most places which to me seems inconsiderate because I pay for a weekly bus pass
- Is obsessed with telling me stories about when he worked 5 years ago, how muscular he was (and gets angry if I am exasperated by his telling me all the same stories)
- Has a restricted diet where he eats oats, peanut butter, couscous and frozen vegetables (not all together!) daily
- Is high anxious and withdrawn and can't be around much noise (needs to spend a lot of time on his own reading. He enjoys self-studying very much, can read for up to 12 hours a day.)
- Refuses to allow me to see a male friend of mine (Told me not to ever visit his house as men and women visiting eachother's houses is questionable)
- Often refused to meet my friends as he didn't feel like being sociable
- Asks questions about my 'in between' exes (I dated him before then broke up then dated him years later) and can't stand hearing their names or seeing monuments with the same name as the guy.

Anything.............?
Reply 1
He just sounds lazy, insecure and antisocial. If you want an actual diagnosis of any kind of mental health condition, don't get one from a student forum.
The diagnosable disorder he ought to have is 'single'. I suggest you do what you can to hasten the disease. Genuinely, he's just a moron.
Gotta ask: what the hell are you doing wasting your time and resources on this millstone around your neck?

Tell him to shape up or ship out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending