Nose Piercing Watch

Louher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm really debating whether or not to get my nose pierced. I personally love them but I know some people can just look wrong with them so i'm worried i'm going to look stupid. Just wondered what people thought of them - love them or hate them?
Daveinnorfolk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
looked at your profile and think it would work on you

My gripe with them is everyone is getting them so they're startin 2 look a bit tacky 2 ME. but at the end of the day - your body - your life - your choice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not a big fan of nose piercings. But, as you said, it really all depends on what you look like. An example of a nose piercing that I don't think works is Kelly Clarkson. If you're wondering if it would look bad or good on you, take a small round object and put it up to the side of your nose (like a rhinestone, or something to that effect).
Louher
Rep:
?
Yeah, i'm worried about it looking tacky as like you said everyone seems to be getting it done. I've wanted it done for years but I dither a lot so i've never got round to getting it done.

I may try find a magnetic one or something to that effect to see if it looks ok before I get it done.

Cheers for the opinions, really appreciate it!
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't like nose piercings personally because I think often they look like moles or spots, but if it's what you want then go for it. Atleast if you decide you don't like it you can take it out and it'll heal.
Sheen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah it can suit some people and look bad on others.
if you want it get it. if you think it doesnt suit you you can always take it out a few weeks after plus nose piercings dont cost that much anyway
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Personally I hate them, on 90% they look absolutely chavtastic, you have to have a certain style to pull them off well
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can always take it out. I had one when it suited my personality/style (when I was 15 ) but have taken it out since and you can't even tell I've had it in the past.
Louher
Rep:
?
(Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
Personally I hate them, on 90% they look absolutely chavtastic, you have to have a certain style to pull them off well

Yes the chav element is what's putting me off. I doubt I have the certain style lmao but i've always liked them. Hmm. I'm beginning to think it's best to admire them on others and leave well alone.

Thank you all!
Leanne_g
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They suit some people but not others, it's a bit hit and miss. I'd say get a stud and not a ring though.
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it's what you want, then get it. I absolutely hate it when people don't do something they want because they're scared of what they'll be called - the purpose of a piercing is personal - if you want one, get one - DO NOT let other people try and tell you otherwise. So what if loads of people have their noses pierced... a whole lot more people have their ears pierced and they're not labelled anything!

I had my nose pierced when I was 15 and I still have it in now - I still love it just as much as I did when I first got it! I've had plenty of people stereotyping me because of it or criticising it, but I don't care because it's MY piercing and I love it.

As others have said, you can always get it pierced and then take it out if you don't like it - they don't really leave scars - if they do they are very tiny and hardly noticeable, and a nose piercing I've found is generally cheaper than other piercings (that's with a gun) - mine was £15 with a gun.
haroonyousaf
Report 12 years ago
there was only one girl in the whole of my college who could pull it off, i think you just have to be dead elegant to pull it off. and have a certain skin colour too, what do you think of joss stones nose piercing?
Jitsu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i had a nose stud, used to love it, but when i got a job i was told i wasnt allowed it, even though i was working in the clothing department. also in my other job i was told i wasnt allowe any piercings as it didnt look professional enough lol, so it closed up. so sometimes it can be a hassle, althought i think they look good.
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Here it is... http://img68.exs.cx/img68/8965/6a-4RGB.jpg

I think it looks great - it's not noticeable straight away because it's small, and it really suits her face and nose shape.

I also love Pink's nose piercing... http://wallpapers.skins.be/pink-alic...1200-23241.jpg - even though hers IS noticeable (and wears a CBR, which not many can pull off) it suits her style and face.

Christina Aguilera however... http://www.simplyaguilera.com/pictur...guilera-81.jpg - I don;t think she pulls it off well - the stud is far too big and looks hideous - if she wore a smaller stud though she'd look gab.
haroonyousaf
Report 12 years ago
I dont think kelly clarksons suits her because of the shape of her nose
Louher
Rep:
?
(Original post by lovelee-jublee)
If it's what you want, then get it. I absolutely hate it when people don't do something they want because they're scared of what they'll be called - the purpose of a piercing is personal - if you want one, get one - DO NOT let other people try and tell you otherwise. So what if loads of people have their noses pierced... a whole lot more people have their ears pierced and they're not labelled anything!
Oh no don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I don't want it done because of what others think. I'm more concerned with it not suiting me. I only want a very tiny stud - much like the photograph you posted of Joss stone's piercing.

I think i'll just take the plunge get it done and if it looks hideous on me, take it out asap.

Cheers everyone!
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Louher)
Oh no don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I don't want it done because of what others think. I'm more concerned with it not suiting me. I only want a very tiny stud - much like the photograph you posted of Joss stone's piercing.

I think i'll just take the plunge get it done and if it looks hideous on me, take it out asap.

Cheers everyone!
Yes, I was more posting towards the people that were trying to tell you that!

I'm sure it won't look hideous on you - I saw your profile pic and I think it will look good.

Be warned though - the first stud you get pierced with is quite big and you have to leave it in for a few months, but as soon as it's healed (approx 6 months) you can swap it for a smaller one - the one I have at present is hardly noticeable, only when the light shines on it!
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, and go for the needle, NOT the gun - that is one thing I will argue about!!! :p: Check www.bmezine.com for more info - my piercing story is there too
Louher
Rep:
?
(Original post by lovelee-jublee)
Oh, and go for the needle, NOT the gun - that is one thing I will argue about!!! :p: Check www.bmezine.com for more info - my piercing story is there too
Thanks for all your help! I'll check that site out and take your advice on getting it done with a needle Thanks again!
dementedbunny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nose piercings are gorgeous on girls with strong features. your features are really soft and delicate and although they are lovely, a nose piercing might not complement them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
27%
No (695)
73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed