The Student Room Group

ukcat

2014 i want to study at dentistry at the University of birmingham or bristol but these unis dont require a ukcat but should i do it still ???
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mimi007
2014 i want to study at dentistry at the University of birmingham or bristol but these unis dont require a ukcat but should i do it still ???

Yes, in short you get four applications the other two may require it, it isn't too difficult just awkward and you may not recieve offers from your top choices. Besides even if you do really badly which I doubt Bristol and Birmingham won't look at your score so no negatives involved. (except cost and a little work!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jadpan
Yes, in short you get four applications the other two may require it, it isn't too difficult just awkward and you may not recieve offers from your top choices. Besides even if you do really badly which I doubt Bristol and Birmingham won't look at your score so no negatives involved. (except cost and a little work!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thx

Is the test really so awkward ???
Reply 3
Original post by mimi007
Ok thx

Is the test really so awkward ???

Depends on you personally. I found it easy enough for all but abstract reasoning. Sat it at the end of August last year (but for Medicine) which gave a nice opportunity to have a bit of practice before hand but not really revise you sort of either get it or not just be aware of patterns in abstract and other basic methods which the book goes over rather nicely. Again couldn't really say if you will find it awkward but at least you get the results straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mimi007

Are you applying next year for September 2015 entry? If you're wanting to study dentistry in September 2014 you would need to have applied and sat your ukcat by now.
Reply 5
Original post by orange.bananna
Are you applying next year for September 2015 entry? If you're wanting to study dentistry in September 2014 you would need to have applied and sat your ukcat by now.

No sep 2015

Quick Reply

Latest