Argh no Summer Jobs! Watch

skylite
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Is anyone else finding it increasingly difficult to find work because they are a student? i seem to be getting turned away from temp agencies for being a student, or they fob me off saying they will get back to me even though it has been over a month since i signed up.

i really need to find work experience and i have another three months before i go back to uni and i am starting to run out of time as i will be graduating next year and fear being umemployed forever! :'(

does anyone know where i could find student friendly vacancies for the summer? or do you think lying is the best way to secure a job. i really need money and am quickly running out of options!

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks x x x
no1mohsin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Try the RBS site. http://rbs.jobs
skylite
Rep:
?
thanku for recommending the rbs site! ive just applied for a posititon with them so fingers crossed!

any other help would be greatly appreciated too!

x x x x
skylite
Rep:
?
thanks a lot for your post poisonjam! i dont think the lying was a very good idea either but i get so frustrated(sp?) by it all sometimes. it feels like as though students are discriminated against sometimes

there is a connexions near me so i might try that next week...i really dont mind working in a factory or anything like that, i just really need to build up some experience this summer and will take practically anything! lol.
no1mohsin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by skylite)
thanku for recommending the rbs site! ive just applied for a posititon with them so fingers crossed!

any other help would be greatly appreciated too!

x x x x
No problem! I really recommend them even if i don't get my job, the process had been great. Was in the same position as you (applied online) on Tuesday the 4th, rang the number which comes up at the end and arranged my telephone interview for the Thursday. They rang me promptly, and told me straight away after the interview that i'd been successful, and sorted out my face to face interview for the following Monday. They even sent me stuff via fax, e-mail desperately when I found i was missing some info which i needed for the interview (lines closed at 6pm; i rang on a friday at 5:45pm for info for my interview on Monday) and the emailed it out straight away and the people on the other end are just sooo helpful). If i get a job it really will be the most ideal job process i've ever gone through and i'll have nothing but praise for them.
skylite
Rep:
?
Hey!

what number was that? i think i might have missed it
Well done on getting an interview...feel free to send any tips you have this way lol

i wish you the best of luck with getting it!

x x x
no1mohsin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by skylite)
Hey!

what number was that? i think i might have missed it
Well done on getting an interview...feel free to send any tips you have this way lol

i wish you the best of luck with getting it!

x x x
Thanks. Well your role might have been different but for mine I had to pass an online test kind of thing as well as the usual details. If i was successful in that it gave me a number to ring.
skylite
Rep:
?
oh right! okies thanx agen for ur help!
PoisonJam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
deleted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (38)
27.14%
No - I got the required grades (84)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.86%

Watched Threads