Tuition Fee Loan vs. Distance Learning (living abroad)

Watch this thread
LenaM
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello
I really need some help getting information about the tuition fee loan and I hope someone here will be able to answer or direct me to a place where I will find some information on the topic.
I'm a Polish student, currently finishing my BA in Warsaw and I'm thinking about beginning an MA course via distance learning in UK the next year and I am sure I'll need to take a loan to cover the course's tuition fees.
I've found out that people reading distance courses are eligible for the loan, but there is absolutely no information anywhere, of whether it is possible to live in a different country throughout the course and still be able to take it. I'm an EU national, so under normal circumstances (if I were to live in the UK) I would have been eligible.
Could it depend on the University, or a course?
Should I enquire about that in the particular Uni, or somewhere else?
Please help if you can
I'd be very grateful for any info on the topic.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
UK Student Finance doesn't cover Masters courses for anyone (even UK students), so there's no central loan you can take out.

Individual universities may have scholarships for non-UK students, but those will be specific to the university and potentially even to the course. All unis wll now have this information on their website, so you need to do some detailed investigation.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LenaM)
Hello
I really need some help getting information about the tuition fee loan and I hope someone here will be able to answer or direct me to a place where I will find some information on the topic.
I'm a Polish student, currently finishing my BA in Warsaw and I'm thinking about beginning an MA course via distance learning in UK the next year and I am sure I'll need to take a loan to cover the course's tuition fees.
I've found out that people reading distance courses are eligible for the loan, but there is absolutely no information anywhere, of whether it is possible to live in a different country throughout the course and still be able to take it. I'm an EU national, so under normal circumstances (if I were to live in the UK) I would have been eligible.
Could it depend on the University, or a course?
Should I enquire about that in the particular Uni, or somewhere else?
Please help if you can
I'd be very grateful for any info on the topic.
Their aren't any loans for masters courses from student finance. There are some career development loans but these are only available to those resident in the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads