theformula
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If i applied to LSE for Accounting & Finance, which requires AAA at A level, what would be my chances with these grades:
GCSE's: 1A*, 7A's, 3B's
AS level grades: A - Econ, B - maths, B - business, C - Physics, D - Critical thinking
A level predicted: A - Econ, A - business, B - maths (but hoping to get an A)
I know that it will be very competitive and my predicted is below their requirements but, with an EXCELLENT personal statement and very good references, could I be in with a good chance?
Thanks!
smd4std
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
0 chance
theformula
Rep:
?
anyone got anything constructive to say??
Raddy49
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by theformula)
If i applied to LSE for Accounting & Finance, which requires AAA at A level, what would be my chances with these grades:
AS level grades: A - Econ, B - maths, B - business, C - Physics, D - Critical thinking
I know that it will be very competitive and my predicted is below their requirements but, with an EXCELLENT personal statement and very good references, could I be in with a good chance?
Thanks!
Your grades are really good, but I'm afraid they're not good enough for LSE. It's crazy competetive there and even people who meet the grade requirements sometimes don't get in. Your AS grades also let you down slightly, so I don't think you'd have a very good chance of getting in, I'm sorry!

But your grades are great and I have no doubt you'll get onto another course and do amazingly and amazingly at life!

Good luck with everything!
arminb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks!
Id say its worth a shot but your chances are slim.
Limoncello
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks!
You took for Alevel Economics AND Business which are interlinked and quite frowned upon to be taken together.. Your AS are pretty low ABBC .

Very unlikely you get in.
Cucurbita
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
it'd take an absolute miracle for you to get in.
But there are a lot of good unis that would give you an offer with those grades. If you're that hung up about it take a gap year after you've finished A2 with (hopefully) better grades and reapply.
theformula
Rep:
?
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'd also like to add the fact that I have undertaken 3 relevant and i feel, very good work experience placements. Will this help to make me a more attractive proposal to them? Any other feedback welcome!
frunde
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys. My situation is a bit different, but the question is the same.
I'm not British nor an IB student. Everything else's like really great, I go to one of three best schools in my country, my grades are great, i'm involved in various activities and so on. But I've heard that no matter how good you are, it's basically impossible to get in if you're not from the UK or an IB graduate. So do I have any chances?
Limoncello
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by frunde)
Hey guys. My situation is a bit different, but the question is the same.
I'm not British nor an IB student. Everything else's like really great, I go to one of three best schools in my country, my grades are great, i'm involved in various activities and so on. But I've heard that no matter how good you are, it's basically impossible to get in if you're not from the UK or an IB graduate. So do I have any chances?
That's not true. Which country are you from and what are your grades?
arminb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'd also like to add the fact that I have undertaken 3 relevant and i feel, very good work experience placements. Will this help to make me a more attractive proposal to them? Any other feedback welcome!
No LSE doesn't care about work experience that much-sorry. If you check the LSE 2014 thread you will see many guys who had 4 As at AS and 10-11 A* at GCSE and didn't get into LSE. It isn't that much about you being a bad candidate than about them not having enough places. LSE is a small university.
I only had ABBB at AS but I had mitigating circumstances and my Bs were all 79% (quite unlucky) but then I got in for history.You can give it a shot, you have 5 choices. Just dont get your hopes too high.
theformula
Rep:
?
(Original post by arminb)
No LSE doesn't care about work experience that much-sorry. If you check the LSE 2014 thread you will see many guys who had 4 As at AS and 10-11 A* at GCSE and didn't get into LSE. It isn't that much about you being a bad candidate than about them not having enough places. LSE is a small university.
I only had ABBB at AS but I had mitigating circumstances and my Bs were all 79% (quite unlucky) but then I got in for history.You can give it a shot, you have 5 choices. Just dont get your hopes too high.
Ok thanks Armin. Without LSE, my other choices would be Bath (BSc A+F), Durham (BSc Finance), Loughborough (BSc Banking, Finance and management), Exeter (Ba A+F) and City university london (BSc financial economics).
What are yours and other peoples thoughts on these choices and the likelihood of me receiving an offer from these Uni's. I have been told that Exeter put more weight on GCSE results in comparison to some other Uni's? I don't know how true this is. Bath want AAA, so bearing that in mind, and other factors i have mentioned - PS, work exp etc, what are my chances?
Sorry, I know I've asked quite a few questions!
avalencia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am a gap year student and I got AAB for my A Levels.I also have very good and relevant work experiences and excellent records in my co-curricular activities?

Do I stand a chance in getting to LSE Bsc Management Course? Their entry requirement is AAB (as stated on the website)?

Thanks !
Limoncello
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by avalencia)
I am a gap year student and I got AAB for my A Levels.I also have very good and relevant work experiences and excellent records in my co-curricular activities?

Do I stand a chance in getting to LSE Bsc Management Course? Their entry requirement is AAB (as stated on the website)?

Thanks !
In this case you meet the ENTRY acquirements however it doesn't mean that you will be accepted as there are hundreds/thousands of others just like you or with higher marks.

What were your subjects?
avalencia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Limoncello)
In this case you meet the ENTRY acquirements however it doesn't mean that you will be accepted as there are hundreds/thousands of others just like you or with higher marks.

What were your subjects?
Maths, Physics, Chem
Henry_Tudor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think its quit unlikely-but good luck!
marm-alade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got into lse with (by their standard) avarage gcses of 4A* 1A 3B and a C... I got AAAB at AS but in some modals I got Cs and Ds so all is not lost! Go for it anyway if your ps is flawless you might have a chance
maliksajwani
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marm-alade)
I got into lse with (by their standard) avarage gcses of 4A* 1A 3B and a C... I got AAAB at AS but in some modals I got Cs and Ds so all is not lost! Go for it anyway if your ps is flawless you might have a chance
Which course did u get in and what year
marm-alade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maliksajwani)
Which course did u get in and what year
Social anthropology, and applied this year for 2014 entry
maliksajwani
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marm-alade)
Social anthropology, and applied this year for 2014 entry
Congrats!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.49%
No - I have already returned home (21)
12.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25%

Watched Threads