Driving after a drink Watch

Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
personally i don't drink anything if i'm going to be driving because i don't really see the point. it could just affect me and i would feel guilty forever if i caused an accident, wondering if it was the alcohol that had done it. however, if people can handle it, then why not? as long as they don't have more than say, a pint, then i can't see the problem.

i do however have friends that get ham mered and drive home anyway, that's ****ing ridiculous and i have no respect for them. if they want to go and risk killing themselves then fine but it's not acceptable for them to destroy other people's lives. i know at least 3 people that have lemon juice in their glove box. they take a huge gulp if about to breathalised and apparently it prevents their real alcohol limit from showing, i doubt that's true though. anyone know?
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rxbeef)
i know at least 3 people that have lemon juice in their glove box. they take a huge gulp if about to breathalised and apparently it prevents their real alcohol limit from showing, i doubt that's true though. anyone know?
I've not heard that one!
I now have 4 friends in the force, so I'll ask one of them. All of them are myths - I've been told all the cons and how to help myself if uncertain at being over the limit or not. The copper coin under your tongue; the hectic and heavy breathing to try and get as much information into your system; the drinking of acidic items to try and distort the measurement lol
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Walshie, on Discovery Channel there is a program called Mythbusters...they did all the tricks to try and get of the breathlyzer test and they all failed.

Besides, the officer can always arrest you if he thinks your drunk, take you back to the station and do a blood test, then your screwed!

Not worth it, they don't work!

Graham
random_bloke
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
thanks for all your replies.....i compromised this evening....i had a bitter shandy....so only a half pint really.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeh, i feel your problem. At work at uni (sound engineer if you havn't gathered!) we always have post event drinks after we have packed up...i don't normally drink because it is like 6am at this time and thats way to early to start drinking, but yeh, there is a quite a pressure to do so! I can get away with it tho by saying i am tired (as i have been up nigh on 20hours!) and need caffeine from Coke...perhaps a little harder for you!

Shandy sounds good!

Graham
ssmoose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The most I've drunk and driven after is 1 small bottle of weak lager. I don't plan to make a habbit of that either. I can understand why other people do then, especially when they need a car to gewt to their local drinking establishment.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Walshie, on Discovery Channel there is a program called Mythbusters...they did all the tricks to try and get of the breathlyzer test and they all failed.

Besides, the officer can always arrest you if he thinks your drunk, take you back to the station and do a blood test, then your screwed!

Not worth it, they don't work!

Graham
Police still have to follow a procedure that ensures a successful arrest.
There is one thing that does slightgly mess with the system - smoke. So make sure your chuffing on 10 ciggies when they come up to your window - because they will have to by law, give you 5 minutes extra. You could also have a beer can in your hand, but state that you drank it prior to actually driving just 1 minute ago. That would also give you an extra 15 minutes.
Okay, so it still goes red at the scene, but then they have to do it again at the station with a higher percentage mark. With the extra 15 minutes, another 5 driving to the station etc, you could well be off the hook as the 2nd test would appear negative due the higher figure needed by the police to ensure a conviction.

I think:
35 at the scene
40 at the station

I'm going to have to check.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Yeah lets be scared of being caught, not killing somebody?
To be fair, if I was overly paranoid about killing people then I wouldn't leave the house - and I particularly wouldn't drive, alcohol or none.

It's all about finding an adequate measure of risk. Any increase on my part in my very tame situation would be negligable.
Becca <3.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nah. i dont reckon it should be seen as a problem. 1 drink?! i mean no cop dude can stop u n be like :motz: if u had drank yourself silly, or even just a few, not to be drunk off your face but to be over the limit, then thats different.

how far is your drive home? and how old are u? suppose they add to the matter .. but i still dont think its an issue, u sound fully in control of what you're doing.

take care!

oooooo i just realised! you're that guy who stuck up for me on my thread thingy .. bout my dad .. ?
well if u remember then thanx i appreciate it
random_bloke
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
how far is your drive home?
about 8 miles

how old are u?

oooooo i just realised! you're that guy who stuck up for me on my thread thingy .. bout my dad .. ?
well if u remember then thanx i appreciate it
no problem
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nah. i dont reckon it should be seen as a problem. 1 drink?! i mean no cop dude can stop u n be like
My mate got stopped for no reason....
Had a pint of Stella before...
Banned for 6/12 months(can't remember which one :/), and had to attend AA meetings...
And a big fine...
sheep!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wacabac)
If one pint doesn't affect you in any way then why bother drinking it? You might as well drink something else non-alchoholic so there's no risk whatsoever if you're going to drive. If you're drinking a pint because it does affect you in some way, however much, then you shouldn't be driving. That's the way I see it.
:congrats: :ditto:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads