What is wrong with a one world government?

Watch
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A central government/state for the world which has its own Parliament, Executive, Police, etc. Similar to the EU - would intervene/legislate for major stuff but leave the individual state some freedom in running domestic policy.

Why is this such a feared concept associated with the Illuminati? Would it not be good for the advancement of the human race?
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would be a bad idea because the only way of escaping it would be by death.
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by felamaslen)
It would be a bad idea because the only way of escaping it would be by death.
Not necessarily. Explain?
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lady Comstock)
Not necessarily. Explain?
If you live in China, you can (hopefully) emigrate to a country with a nicer government. If the entire world was ruled by a single government, how would you get away from it if you didn't like it?
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We can't even have agreement on a one Britain government. The Scots and Welsh want out and London feels like its carrying everyone else. Can you see how that resentment might increase on a logarithmic scale if you add Rwanda, Cyprus, USA and Hong Kong together?
Plainview
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, let's just draw on that infinite well of human cooperativeness that has meant we've never seen any wars or global imbalance in living standards.
-Neuro-
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1.It would turn all wars into civil wars - the bloodiest kind.

2.It would solve the refugee problem - there would be no refuge.

3.One crappy government decision would now have global impact instead of regional impact.
Moosferatu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would be impossible. Unless aliens invaded.
Extremotroph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Centralisation of power only leads to the greater possibility of massive abuse. Those who seek power are power hungry, and often do not have the public's interest at heart : psychopaths.
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We are too self centered and selfish for it to work, as mentioned the corruption would be of biblical proportions.

On that note, because of religion, and ideologies, there will always be an excuse for people to not get along. As a species we are not yet at that stage - personally I believe we never will be.
No Man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You really think the Islamic world, Western world, and Eastern world will agree on a global government/nation?

You just have to look at the various global border disputes, cultural conflicts (eg a lot of African Nations) and Israel to see that it won't work.

Also, there will be mass migration from the developing world to the developed world, which will do nothing other than collapse the infrastructure & resources available in the western world.

If this was the case during the colonial age, when the global population was a lot lower and most of the planet was ruled by 4-5 countries it might have worked, but that's not the case now.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It'd be bad in the same way that abolishing local government in the UK in favour of a London centric one was bad, but much, much worse. Similar effect, global scale. It would not cater to individual needs.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A central government/state for the world which has its own Parliament, Executive, Police, etc. Similar to the EU - would intervene/legislate for major stuff but leave the individual state some freedom in running domestic policy.

Why is this such a feared concept associated with the Illuminati? Would it not be good for the advancement of the human race?
We have to much of a diverse culture to be one.

For example, the law on homosexuality. Should we ban it or accept it? The west would want tolerance and acceptance, many muslims and other conservative societies would want it banned. One example why it would never work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Too centralized.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If such a government only partook in non economic issues then that would be fine since western values are already spreading.

On an economic basis though its not currently practical. You'd need to phase it in over a long period of time and enact significant reforms through most of the world.
No Man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
If such a government only partook in non economic issues then that would be fine since western values are already spreading.
Isn't that what the UN is?
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not at all convinced that it would be a bad thing. On the contrary, it would solve many issues. Most importantly, it would finally eradicate the insane danger posed by everyone's finger on the trigger of mutually assured destruction.
lNurl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What if one wants sharia law?
Padwas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
to much power is always a bad thing
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I'm not at all convinced that it would be a bad thing. On the contrary, it would solve many issues. Most importantly, it would finally eradicate the insane danger posed by everyone's finger on the trigger of mutually assured destruction.
How?

Do you seriously think anything would be solved at all? If anything it would cause more problems! We are to culturally diverse! Take homosexuality for example, ban or not ban?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (186)
43.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.76%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
20.94%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (43)
10.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.88%

Watched Threads