Extended Project Qualification Ideas...

Watch
Adhib97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm going to be doing the EPQ in the new year, I'm thinking of doing it on polymer chemistry with a tie-in to product design, but I can't think of a question/hypothesis that I can answer on this topic.

Any ideas?

Adhib
phaseshift
  • Study Helper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Adhib97)
x
I say this to most people wanting to start an EPQ asking this... we cannot give you a title to research. The whole point of an EPQ is YOU decide based on what YOU want to research and then write a 5000 word report on.

What are you specifically interested in? Perhaps that will give you a broader-sense of where you should be looking with respect to project title.
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HarryMWilliams)
I say this to most people wanting to start an EPQ asking this... we cannot give you a title to research. The whole point of an EPQ is YOU decide based on what YOU want to research and then write a 5000 word report on.

What are you specifically interested in? Perhaps that will give you a broader-sense of where you should be looking with respect to project title.
Agreed. The EPQ is entirely what you want to do it on and people on the internet cannot tell you what topic to do as we don't know you or your interests.

OP, I did the EPQ last year and what really helped me pinpoint my choisen topic area create my question was mind mapping all the different things I was interested in. Then I felt I could choose one I liked and felt I could write 5000 words on.
Adhib97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by HarryMWilliams)

Well I'm pretty interested in mobile technology. I've kind of come up with a question:

How can manufacturers use different types of materials to create a more environmentally friendly mobile phone?

What do you think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads