The Student Room Group

Have you ever gotten apple finance ?

Basically my computer is broken and I would like to buy a mac.
I can afford to pay the 89 pounds a month for 10 months apple is offering but the thing is I do not have a job and I am so sure I will fail the credit check. Does anyone a way around this?

Also please no speeches about how macs are so expensive.
Reply 1
Original post by vanessap
I can afford to pay the 89 pounds a month for 10 months apple is offering but the thing is I do not have a job and I am so sure I will fail the credit check. Does anyone a way around this?

How will you be affording the £89 a month without having a job?
Reply 2
Original post by Reue
How will you be affording the £89 a month without having a job?

my parents give me money every month
Reply 3
Bad idea x1000.
Reply 4
no i never needed to
Reply 5
Original post by Voltozonic
You'll be denied.

I tried taking apple finance just for an IPhone 5S a month or so ago and they denied me because I didn't have a part time job (can easily afford it and have a brilliant credit score).

How exactly did they know this?

I thought all we have to do was put in our card details
Reply 6
Original post by james1211
Bad idea x1000.

why?
Reply 7
why?

Two months down the line when the novelty wears off you'd wish you had the money for something else.

You won't be approved anyway though.

Hey, i did this in my first year of uni.

The finance is done through barclays bank and ive been with them all my life so it was pretty easy to obtain.
You will only fail the credit check if you have previous outstanding debts with other creditors/ccj's etc.
Reply 9
Original post by christopher23
Hey, i did this in my first year of uni.

The finance is done through barclays bank and ive been with them all my life so it was pretty easy to obtain.
You will only fail the credit check if you have previous outstanding debts with other creditors/ccj's etc.

How did you mange to pass the credit check?
I don't have a job but I do generate an income
How did you mange to pass the credit check?
I don't have a job but I do generate an income

To be honest, they never mentioned a credit check and if there was one then i assumed I passed it.
I had a part time job though which was earning me a decent amount of income.. I also had to do a budget sheet which calculates your disposable income at the end of each month, they use that to determine whether or not you can afford the payments.

Im sorry i couldnt be more helpful :/
Reply 11
Original post by james1211
Two months down the line when the novelty wears off you'd wish you had the money for something else.

You won't be approved anyway though.

Yea I am getting job when I get back to uni so I will be fine
Reply 12
Original post by christopher23
To be honest, they never mentioned a credit check and if there was one then i assumed I passed it.
I had a part time job though which was earning me a decent amount of income.. I also had to do a budget sheet which calculates your disposable income at the end of each month, they use that to determine whether or not you can afford the payments.

Im sorry i couldnt be more helpful :/

If you dont mind my asking how much were you making ? Im asking to see if I should even bother.
Reply 13
Yea I am getting job when I get back to uni so I will be fine

Macs are so expensive.
If you dont mind my asking how much were you making ? Im asking to see if I should even bother.

I was earning around £400 a month,after bills/food/etc I was left with around £120 each month which i could use to pay for the laptop.
I havent ever had problems with my phone bill/rent or other debts so that may be why.

No harm in trying!
Reply 15
Yer, them granny smiths are so expensive these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending