What is it about Islam nowadays? Watch

Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Priya*)
Obivously I see the flaw - there is no way I can prove there is a God so like any other religious person who is asked this question, I must wriggle my way out of it in some other manner lol But I'm just sitting here thinking how can these people beleive that there isn't a good, because my faith is actually quite strong.
If atheists cannot prove that there is NOT a God, and religious people cannot prove that there IS a God, then the fools surely are the religious ones as they, unlike atheists, believe in a book written by a 'God' which they cannot even see.

There may indeed be a higher power, and there probably is in my view; but the problem is when people follow the religious books and effects other peoples lives with their pathetic views.
Pulse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There may indeed be a higher power, and there probably is in my view; but the problem is when people follow the religious books and effects other peoples lives with their pathetic views.
What higher power?
spongepantssquarebob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not everything can be explaind by science and this is where the higher power comes to play....
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pulse)
What higher power?
I don't know. The problem with the world and a higher power argument is that who invented the higher power in the first place.

I guess we just have to wait and die and see what happens. Hopefully the ****ing Muslims or Christians, or any other religion for that matter are not right, otherwise I am going to burn in hell for eternity. :eek:
Pulse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What can;t be explained by science?
Science is constantly evolving, that is it's nature. Therefore if it cannot explain something yet; it will be able to soon. All within the same rational framework.
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by D00)
Seriously. Everyone talks about this damn religon nowadays. Why is it so popular here in the West when it's not even part of our culture and religon?
Because it's the fastest growing religion in the World and more and more people are discovering the true Islam, and not what idiots make it out to be.

Especially using "misguided" Muslims to try and represent the religion.
D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by *Priya*)
Please man. Look at the number of people who beleive in religion in comparison with the number of athiests in the world. Please don't question my beleif in God, question my religious beleifs OK, but questioning someone's faith in a higher power is just stupid.
Can I just say that you are living your life according to what a single book says? Jesus.. how old fashioned are you? People are converting to atheism because they know how utterly STUPID it is to beleive the crap spewed into the Bible or whatever rubbish fiction book they worship.

And most people who are religous tend to be those in the Asian countries and the African countries, because they have no hope on their own actually safety and life so they look up to God to keep them going.
D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)
Because it's the fastest growing religion in the World and more and more people are discovering the true Islam, and not what idiots make it out to be.

What pure ignorance. :mad: I don't want Britain to turn into a muslim-state or any white European country. Leave Islam where it originally belongs thank you very much.:mad:
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My prediction is coming true *beats thread into submission*. Die damn you, die!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)

Stop chatting ****, please!
Pulse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some people here are really mis-representing atheists here. can i just say, some of us are more tolerant.
Wez
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 19841984)
I hate all religious people, because they are weak. Too weak to accept that this is the world, and the only world. Too gullible to the inconsistencies and hate of religion, and the divisions it causes in society. Too lazy to exercise their curiosity and enlighten themselves.
Was Martin Luther king "weak"?

(Original post by D00)
What pure ignorance. :mad: I don't want Britain to turn into a muslim-state or any white European country. Leave Islam where it originally belongs thank you very much.:mad:
It seems quite unlikely that Britain will turn into a 'muslim-state'.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by D00)
How about we don't leave it where it 'belongs', because it does not belong anywhere in this world, neither does Christianity. Lets eradicate all religion.
spongepantssquarebob
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pulse)
What can;t be explained by science?
Science is constantly evolving, that is it's nature. Therefore if it cannot explain something yet; it will be able to soon. All within the same rational framework.
yeh i know what you mean... but the complexity of everythign, i dont think will every be explain fully and thats why there has to be a higher being.... science will NEVER fully explain all that is around us
Pulse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh i know what you mean... but the complexity of everythign, i dont think will every be explain fully and thats why there has to be a higher being.... science will NEVER fully explain all that is around us
If you give science enough time, it will. Unfortunately by then the human race will probably be extinct.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pulse)
Some people here are really mis-representing atheists here. can i just say, some of us are more tolerant.
I am an atheist, and unlike you, I cannot be tolerant because unlike you I can see the rise of religion, both fundamentalist Islam and Christianity, and I will not wait till Britain or any country in the Western world turns into a religious republic to voice my concern.

We atheists have kept quite and bent over for these religious morons for too long, and Ive had enough. The Abrahamic religions, along with the majority of the rest are one of the main reasons as to why women have been treated so despicably for the past 2000-4000 years, also why racism has been tolerated, along with homophobia.

Enough is enough.
spongepantssquarebob
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 19841984)
How about we don't leave it where it 'belongs', because it does not belong anywhere in this world, neither does Christianity. Lets eradicate all religion.
do you even look at the good that religion brings to ppl.... Ok i agree extreme religious believer can be more then is needed but what about normal ppl, who use relgion as a way of life is it so bad that they live good lives, leave them be!!!

what about all the law breaker who are usually atheists, why dont you look at the positives that religion has brought to the world :mad:
spongepantssquarebob
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK no religion = what now... you tell me?... what would society do?
Mellanie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Last night on this 7/7 programme on BBC 2 I remember a mother of one of the 52 survivors specifically saying and I quote "without my religion, I don't know where I would be today after my daughters death". It was so evident from that one line she said that her religion saved her. Thing with religion is my athiest friends, you won't really give it a penny's worth of your thoughts until you really need it and you have nobody to turn to, just like this woman had nobody else to turn to, other than God. Because God is all merciful, and he always there for you whatever sins you may commit.
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
People always turn to religion in times of desperation, as it gives hope, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing either, whatever gets you through, right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed