What is it about Islam nowadays? Watch

D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)
What did I say to you? Are you making things up now?
You said;

Why don't you leave this country? I don't want you here.
And I said;

I'm not moving a muscle mate, I'm an indigenous English person - it's YOU who doesn't belong here.
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You failed to realise I was imitating you. I said something so stupid, in reply to your stupid comment.

Do not you realise I have as much right to this country than you do? One day you'll get in big trouble because of your words.
Mra99
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
its gods world, people should be free to live where they want, without racism from the likes of you D00.. what about british white muslims? where do you think they belong then? islam is the fastest growing religion for a reason
spongepantssquarebob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Exactly, most asians i know are here becasue they workd their arses off to get here... why should they leave while there is ppl sittin on their arses gettin money! how do they have more rites then hard workin citizens
Operation: Mindcrime
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by D00)
This has to be the most corrupt forums I have ever been to. I have received two warnings for saying the exact same thing 'Justfarhan' said to me. Favouring the ethnic minorities as per usual.
You're right. I just got 5 points with the reason "racism isn't tolerated here", merely for calling Muslims "cranky lunatics". It makes you wonder what kind of idiots they recrute here.
spongepantssquarebob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh and all BNPs are from mensa!
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Em86)
its gods world, people should be free to live where they want, without racism from the likes of you D00.. what about british white muslims? where do you think they belong then? islam is the fastest growing religion for a reason
Since people insist on keep trotting this out can somebody plesae tell me how many British white muslims there are? And can somebody also tell me how rapidly Islam is actually growing in the UK or Europe and how much is due to conversion, how much is due to natural growth, and how much is due to immigration?

BTW, what is the reason that Islam is the "fastest growing religion"? Don't leave me hanging.
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by D00)
This has to be the most corrupt forums I have ever been to. I have received two warnings for saying the exact same thing 'Justfarhan' said to me. Favouring the ethnic minorities as per usual.
You try my patience sorely, but I will explain. The warnings system is not a number of warnings. Some things get more than one warning point, and offensiveness is one of them. You did not get warned twice for the same thing, you got one two-point warning, which is entirely normal practice for this supposedly corrupt board.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Operation: Mindcrime)
You're right. I just got 5 points with the reason "racism isn't tolerated here", merely for calling Muslims "cranky lunatics". It makes you wonder what kind of idiots they recrute here.
This is a friendly warning: Another thing not tolerated is abuse to the mods. So cut it out, ya?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
This is a friendly warning: Another thing not tolerated is abuse to the mods. So cut it out, ya?
Well, please clarify how my remarks constitue racism.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you're referring to the "cranky lunatics" thing, you should know better than to resort to such word-play. We don't tolerate racial or religious insults on this board, and getting them mixed up in the warning comment doesn't alter that. The only possible intent you could have had in posting that remark was to offend, and a mod warned you for offensiveness. Don't act surprised.
dhokes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Priya*)
Satanic Verses was a book by the Indian author Salman Rushdie. I've actually read it!! :p: yay! I only read it because it was famous for that incident you described and that one day I could say "yeh I read that book"!
Sorry to go off on a tangent, but how was this book? I've been thinking of reading this for a long time yet still I haven't started.
Mra99
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Operation: Mindcrime)
Well, please clarify how my remarks constitue racism.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. This is not fiction but reality. This is not Muslim bias but based on hard-core evidence.
World Almanac and Book of facts and Readers Digest Almanac and Yearbook:
“Among every four humans in the world, one of them is Muslim. Muslims have increased by over 235 percent in the last fifty years up to nearly 1.6 billion. By comparison, Christians have increased by only 47 percent and Jews have decreased by 4%. In the West, Islam is the second largest religious group in France, Great Britain and USA.”
“The total number of Muslims in 1996 was 1.4 billion which was 26% of the world population. According to UN statistics Islam’s annual growth in 1994-1995 was 6.40% compared to only 1.46% of Christianity. The total number of Muslims in the world in 1998 was 1.6 billion
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it succeeded more through the controversy it caused than through being anything particularly amazing. That said, I haven't read it myself. It might be good. But the basic idea is Da Vinci Code-style conspiracy material, so be warned.
Mellanie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not an absolutely exhilarating read at all. But what spurs you on is knowing that this book your are reading caused a guy to be sentenced to death lol
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
If you're referring to the "cranky lunatics" thing, you should know better than to resort to such word-play. We don't tolerate racial or religious insults on this board, and getting them mixed up in the warning comment doesn't alter that.
Oh, come know......I get called far worse than a "cranky lunatic" virtually every day on the Religion forum. Christians are continually maligned on those threads.
Mra99
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Since people insist on keep trotting this out can somebody plesae tell me how many British white muslims there are? And can somebody also tell me how rapidly Islam is actually growing in the UK or Europe and how much is due to conversion, how much is due to natural growth, and how much is due to immigration?

BTW, what is the reason that Islam is the "fastest growing religion"? Don't leave me hanging.
those statistics were for you howard
dhokes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Priya*)
Not an absolutely exhilarating read at all. But what spurs you on is knowing that this book your are reading caused a guy to be sentenced to death lol
lol that's the only reason I want to read it, however, it seems like quite a long read.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How about insults based upon political affiliation? Are they allowed? What if I said "the Nazis are a bunch of cranky lunatics" or "NuLabour are a bunch of money-grabbing nutjobs"? Thought so.

Religious affiliation, political affiliation and indeed any kind of elective affiliation should be open to criticism however a person sees fit. Freedom of speech should not be stiffled just because particular vocal minority groups don't like it.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Oh, come know......I get called far worse than a "cranky lunatic" virtually every day on the Religion forum. Christians are continually maligned on those threads.
Well, it might be water off a duck's back to you, but someone was sufficiently offended to report it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads