Turn on thread page Beta

Driving licence ****-up watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OK, So I decided to do an online application for my driving licence - BAD IDEA.

Basically I did it and then at the end, due to me not having a digital passport, it asked me to view and print off a form I'll need - so I clicked the link, it opened a new tab, and I continued with my application, finished ot off and that was that. However now the link doesn't work, I obviously can't apply again due to the money I've just paid, and I can see no way on any of the websites to find this mysterious form, how can I get hold of this form now that allows me to send in my birth certificate and photo?? if I go to the post office and explain what I've done can I get this sorted out?? I can't afford to waste £38 quid on a DODGY BLOODY INTERNET application. Jesus, I'm such a moron, why couldn't I apply in writing like every other same person. TECHNOLOGY SUCKS!! I had *everything* right and then their bloody link doesn't work. How screwed up!! ARGH!!

Anyone know what to do??

[EDIT: This is the site I used, if I have been e-raped, I'm gonna kill something...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/Diol1/DoItO...690&chk=kWooBh ]

ReputationRep:
    *phew*

Just found [OK, so someone else just found ] an email address for me to contact them. I gave them my name and application number, explained the situation and asked if they could possibly attach the form to an email, give me a phone number or tell me the NUMBER of the form so I could get one from the post office. The question is how long do I wait for a reply?? My money is in cyberspace!! ARGH!! I'm so stupid. I hate myself.

Grrrr!!

ReputationRep:
    You're waiting for the DVLA, so don't hold your breath .

ReputationRep:
    Ring up VISA or M/Card or whatever card you used, tell them to stop the transaction. That will mean you won't waste £38. The number will be on your statement.

Then go down to the PO and ask for a provisional driving licence form which they will give to you.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, maybe that's the best way to do it... oooooh.

Interesting.

OK, just dragged my mum upstairs, she's now attempting to stop the transaction.

She doesn't think she can though, because it's a credit card - are you sure she can?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, duh me.

She has to phone the DVLA, great...

Meh. Right.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you can stop any transaction that isn't cash and you can reclaim the money...for good reason!

Ring up your credit card company and ask! And the DVLA, tomorrow...

Graham

ReputationRep:
    My mum rang up her credit card company [it was her card] and they won't allow her to stop the transaction!! They said she can only do it through the DVLA, so I'll find a number for that and get her to do it.

Argh, this is turning ino a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    So the transaction went through...well the link worked then! There should be no problem??

Graham

ReputationRep:
    No no no, it wasn't a link to pay, that link worked fine, hence the worry since I have no way of getting the forms I need to complete the application. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear but due to me NOT having a digital passport I have to send a photograph and proof of Identification to the DVLA along with a Proof of identification form which has a referee on it [or whatever you call the person that says "yes, it's her"]. The link to the FORM didn't work. So I've paid but can't get my licence until I get this form, which I can't seem to get!!

ARGH!! I'm gonna just ring them up later, well once I get all my info together and explain what has happened. I just feel so dumb!! :>.<:

I'm not thick though, it said "click this link to get the form" and I clicked it and no form was there or downloading, I tried to download it directly from the link and nothing. I hope this isn't a FF related problem!! Grrrr...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm...
    Subject: THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED AUTO REPLY - Please read it as it may apply to you.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 3 working days.

Alternatively, for help, advice and online services you can visit the website at www.direct.gov.uk/motoring where you can also download many of our forms.

Please Note: If you do not appear to have received a reply within 3 days, it would be advisable to check any 'Junk Mail' or SPAM filters which may be installed on your system, prior to any further contact. Our reply may have been erroneously blocked by such software.

ReputationRep:
    Useless ******** Website (DVLA). Applying by writing ain't much easier.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.