removed
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can I have your photographic memory? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaNick
anything

dont care if its sexual, academic, whatever..

What's your pin number and every other bank detail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 4-digit number? That's nothing... I can look at an 8-digit number and memorise it instantly, I could go up to 40 if I try.

What made you realise or think you had a semi-eidetic memory?
How much revision did you do for your GCSEs?
It is kind of weird. Particularly last year I just realised I could recall really tiny, obscure details which no one else could... like what someone said to me 4 years ago; I could remember hundreds different random film scenes off by heart in my head; I could remember the 588 word speech at the end of The Great Dictator off by heart after watching it; I could write out a Mandarin/Spanish controlled assessment writing draft with a presentation and about 20 questions to answer - and I remembered them all just after writing them out two or three times...

Nice, sounds like you've got a really strong memory then :yep:

I think alot of posters here on TSR definitely have similar, I know that everything you've said above I would also replicate. It's not because of a photographic memory though, that's a myth, or even a semi-eidetic one, but more just because your brain is highly retentive and you've developed strong mechanics for remembering details. You can refine it further even, there's alot of good stuff by Derren Brown of all people.
When you see a really hot girl is she like literally photographed in your memory?
Reply 7
recite π\pi to 1000 decimal places :h:
do you remember everything or those you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
If you have an embarrassing moment, can you forget it quickly or is it forever stuck in your head?
Reply 10
Do you dream? If you do, do you remember them? And for how long?
Here are all of my revision notes, I know it is at least 11,000 words for History question practice, but must be around 30,000 words in total.

I made them over the course of the last 2 years, starting in year 9.

Super convenient...

IMG_0366.JPG

why do you need so many notes and so much time to pass a gcse
you say you have a photographic memory
but i recall a post of yours stating that you repeatedly write out a paragraph to remember it?

that's not a photographic memory is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can we share it, sharing is caring after all :smile:.....
Original post by nopenopenope
why do you need so many notes and so much time to pass a gcse

woah there, I have loads more notes than that. GCSEs may not be hard to pass but there is a lot of information to memorise for an A* in subjects like science
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Tips to study law?

Basically anything that is theory-oriented
Because it makes people think I am smart when I know everything. I also want to do my best...

Original post by contradicta
woah there, I have loads more notes than that. GCSEs may not be hard to pass but there is a lot of information to memorise for an A* in subjects like science

you don't need notes if you have an eidetic memory
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah, but my point is I did a Mandarin speaking GCSE assessment in May 2013, and I remember it entirely right now. I've not practised it at all, it is just there in my head forever because I wrote it out three times.

!= eidetic memory
Yeah, but my point is I did a Mandarin speaking GCSE assessment in May 2013, and I remember it entirely right now. I've not practised it at all, it is just there in my head forever because I wrote it out three times.

similar for my spanish speaking and history too.

also when you said you remember moments when people insulted you - isn't this the same for lots of people?

i thought to truly have a photographic memory you remember everything on a page after just one read, not even writing out notes or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by contradicta

Hahaha no there's not. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be patronising, but honestly, you've got it good right now! Go and do other stuff and have fun, you don't need to be making copious amounts of notes.

Quick Reply

Latest