Posted from TSR Mobile
ipoop
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AlphaNick)
anything

dont care if its sexual, academic, whatever..
What's your pin number and every other bank detail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A 4-digit number? That's nothing... I can look at an 8-digit number and memorise it instantly, I could go up to 40 if I try.

What made you realise or think you had a semi-eidetic memory?
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
How much revision did you do for your GCSEs?
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is kind of weird. Particularly last year I just realised I could recall really tiny, obscure details which no one else could... like what someone said to me 4 years ago; I could remember hundreds different random film scenes off by heart in my head; I could remember the 588 word speech at the end of The Great Dictator off by heart after watching it; I could write out a Mandarin/Spanish controlled assessment writing draft with a presentation and about 20 questions to answer - and I remembered them all just after writing them out two or three times...

Nice, sounds like you've got a really strong memory then :yep:

I think alot of posters here on TSR definitely have similar, I know that everything you've said above I would also replicate. It's not because of a photographic memory though, that's a myth, or even a semi-eidetic one, but more just because your brain is highly retentive and you've developed strong mechanics for remembering details. You can refine it further even, there's alot of good stuff by Derren Brown of all people.
Mourinho<3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When you see a really hot girl is she like literally photographed in your memory?
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
recite \pi to 1000 decimal places
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
do you remember everything or those you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you have an embarrassing moment, can you forget it quickly or is it forever stuck in your head?
iDraw
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you dream? If you do, do you remember them? And for how long?
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Here are all of my revision notes, I know it is at least 11,000 words for History question practice, but must be around 30,000 words in total.

I made them over the course of the last 2 years, starting in year 9.

Super convenient...

Attachment 258780
why do you need so many notes and so much time to pass a gcse
Alevelstudent96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you say you have a photographic memory
but i recall a post of yours stating that you repeatedly write out a paragraph to remember it?

that's not a photographic memory is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can we share it, sharing is caring after all .....
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nopenopenope)
why do you need so many notes and so much time to pass a gcse
woah there, I have loads more notes than that. GCSEs may not be hard to pass but there is a lot of information to memorise for an A* in subjects like science
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tips to study law?

Basically anything that is theory-oriented
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because it makes people think I am smart when I know everything. I also want to do my best...
(Original post by contradicta)
woah there, I have loads more notes than that. GCSEs may not be hard to pass but there is a lot of information to memorise for an A* in subjects like science
you don't need notes if you have an eidetic memory
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, but my point is I did a Mandarin speaking GCSE assessment in May 2013, and I remember it entirely right now. I've not practised it at all, it is just there in my head forever because I wrote it out three times.
!= eidetic memory
Alevelstudent96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, but my point is I did a Mandarin speaking GCSE assessment in May 2013, and I remember it entirely right now. I've not practised it at all, it is just there in my head forever because I wrote it out three times.
similar for my spanish speaking and history too.

also when you said you remember moments when people insulted you - isn't this the same for lots of people?

i thought to truly have a photographic memory you remember everything on a page after just one read, not even writing out notes or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yepyepyep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by contradicta)
Hahaha no there's not. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be patronising, but honestly, you've got it good right now! Go and do other stuff and have fun, you don't need to be making copious amounts of notes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise