The Student Room Group

Vomit right after taking pills, what should I do?

Basically I caught a cold and somehow started puking last night. I consulted my doctor and he prescribed me with some pills that prevents vomiting. I ate them before really taking the medicines. However, I still can't help vomiting right after taking pills(and in fact eating everything, even a glass of water!) I supposed I have just got the pills I took out when vomiting. What should I do? The pills for preventing vomiting don't seem to work! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Yes! The pills are called dimenate tab. But the thing is that I vomit even I've just drunk a glass of water! And now I just feel sick again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Reply 3
Anyone?
Reply 4
Original post by TeresaCho
Basically I caught a cold and somehow started puking last night. I consulted my doctor and he prescribed me with some pills that prevents vomiting. I ate them before really taking the medicines. However, I still can't help vomiting right after taking pills(and in fact eating everything, even a glass of water!) I supposed I have just got the pills I took out when vomiting. What should I do? The pills for preventing vomiting don't seem to work! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did your doctor tell you to swallow them? When I took them I was told to dissolve them under my tongue, so my stomach doesn't have to deal with them. Perhaps phone nhs to ask if that's ok for you to do?

If you can I'd just focus on sipping water very slowly so you stay hydrated, don't worry about food as you can do without that for a little while if you aren't doing much. If you can.get the pills into your system you should be able to have water.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by kpwxx
Did your doctor tell you to swallow them? When I took them I was told to dissolve them under my tongue, so my stomach doesn't have to deal with them. Perhaps phone nhs to ask if that's ok for you to do?

If you can I'd just focus on sipping water very slowly so you stay hydrated, don't worry about food as you can do without that for a little while if you aren't doing much. If you can.get the pills into your system you should be able to have water.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I think I was told to swallow them coz the pills taste very disgusting and I may well puke again if I dissolve it inside my mouth. And perhaps another culprit of my vomiting is the taste of codolax. I makes me feel really sick. Btw thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 6
How can I stop myself vomiting? :frown:
How can I stop myself vomiting? :frown:

I had a bug a few months back where i just could not stop vomiting. I never ate or drank anything for about 2 days, it was horrible.
After the second day it subsided and i stopped puking. Maybe you should just avoid eating and drinking everything and eventually you will have nothing left to puke?
Sounds like awful advice, i know, but it worked for me :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ilikesweets
I had a bug a few months back where i just could not stop vomiting. I never ate or drank anything for about 2 days, it was horrible.
After the second day it subsided and i stopped puking. Maybe you should just avoid eating and drinking everything and eventually you will have nothing left to puke?
Sounds like awful advice, i know, but it worked for me :smile:

It does sound awful coz I feel really hungry now!:frown: But I'm gonna eat as less as I can. Should I still keep taking pills then? Coz I puke even I've only drunk a glass of water.
Reply 9
It does sound awful coz I feel really hungry now!:frown: But I'm gonna eat as less as I can. Should I still keep taking pills then? Coz I puke even I've only drunk a glass of water.

Well the pulls are designed to allow you to digest some water, as you should have some to stop you getting dehydrated.

I must admit I do the same as the above poster and don't eat or drink... I just hate being sick so much that I do anything to avoid it!

I would just stay in bed, sleep a lot (as it stops you using as much energy/thinking about being hungry), sip at water (like, a glass in a day... Take a very small sip once an hour or something) and then after a day or so start drinking slightly more each time and perhaps start nibbling on bread sticks or dry toast, again tiny tiny bits at a time.

Also I'd take the pills by dissolving under tongue, as long as a phone call/the leaflet in the medicine confirms its ok, even if they taste awful its worth it.

Xxx
Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm, i'm not sure. If the medicine is making you more sick, it maybe because you're allergic to it? As i said i'm not sure, i kept away from everything to be honest. Your case might be different so you might be better off taking someone elses adivce :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending