justanotherindigo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone!

I'm quite stuck with the coursework, probably because I don't know where to start (and I'm teaching myself) so here is my query.

I've basically chosen my topic, which is "The USA: From Reconstruction to Civil Rights, c1877-1981" and Part A of my enquiry will focus on the significance of Lyndon B Johnson's contribution to the civil rights movement, and Part B will focus on the federal govt's change of attitude. The thing is, I don't know where to start at all. I know that Part B is all about change and themes etc, but does that mean that I have to learn the whole 100 years or just the key bits? Same goes for Part A (where I presume that I just need to learn about Johnson...). Exam board is Edexcel.

Any form of help will be appreciated! Thanks.
justanothertechie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

I assume that this is either GCSE (Year 11) or A2, as these are the only two History courses, below degree level, where I've personally come into contact with coursework.

If it's A2, which it looks like to me, my advice would be to do some significant research using books. Websites tend to 'tell the story' rather than give facts/interpretations etc.

I'm doing mine at the moment and by no stretch of the imagination am I learning all 100 years - its not really relevant or needed.

I'm aiming to have written my first part (60%) by the beginning of January.

PS. I like the beginning of your username (JustAnother)!
justanotherindigo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by justanothertechie)
Hey,

I assume that this is either GCSE (Year 11) or A2, as these are the only two History courses, below degree level, where I've personally come into contact with coursework.

If it's A2, which it looks like to me, my advice would be to do some significant research using books. Websites tend to 'tell the story' rather than give facts/interpretations etc.

I'm doing mine at the moment and by no stretch of the imagination am I learning all 100 years - its not really relevant or needed.

I'm aiming to have written my first part (60%) by the beginning of January.

PS. I like the beginning of your username (JustAnother)!
Hey!

Yep this is A2, and thanks for the advice. I'll probably get Part B over with first since that's the longer one in terms of research.

Thanks, just realised the similarity with yours!
justanothertechie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by justanotherindigo)
Hey!

Yep this is A2, and thanks for the advice. I'll probably get Part B over with first since that's the longer one in terms of research.

Thanks, just realised the similarity with yours!
Glad I could be of some assistance!

Totally agree, my Part A has been fairly easy to write in comparison with Part B.

I noticed as I was posting last time just before I clicked Submit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads