Straight Hair Watch

fudge77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi,

I have a problem and it really annoys me. Whenever i straighten my hair its always really straight but after about 1 hour it starts to frizz! How do i prevent this? Any products i can use?

Also i have a cowslick and it really bugs me, it makes it look like im elvis! Ahhhh its horrible. How do i calm it down or get rid of it (thats if you can!)

Any suggestions welcome!
Laika
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Use better straighteners.
Princess In Disguise
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
or that l'oreal hot straight thing or tresemme straightner spray-good luck
fudge77
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Laika)
i have GHD's, the normal and the fat ones!:confused:
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211246 in the FAQ.....a bit about hair reverting ot a fright wig...
hailz202
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can't get rid of the cowslick! I have one and they can be annoying, it just depends where yours is. You can train the hair around it or to flatten it out. Mine is about centre which makes it hard to have side parting, but i just kept parting it at the side and clipping it when wet and leaving it to dry....eventually it will naturally stay how you want it.
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have exactly same problem as you.Try using John Frieda Frizz Ease. John Freida himself produces a wide range of products suited for a range of people, and to temporary remove the frizz. Instead using the frizz on wet hair you can buy the ones for dry hair.
you leave the hair to dry and then apply the cream. Straighten your hair as usually and apply the creame when the frizz starts to come out. The cream is really easy to use as you just simply apply it to your palms and then smooth it over your hair. IOverall it is a fairly good product but the downside is that it doesnt increase the shine but it is specifically designed to remove the frizz.
aaron1629
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There is a way of getting rid of a cowslick.

Before you go to bed get some gel or wax or whatever and put it through the cowslick and push down as hard as you can, then immediately put a cap on.

When you wake up comb through the cowlick and wear the hat around the house when you can.

For the next 7 nights wear a cap while you sleep (or anything that will flatten your hair)

Then you should see the results!

Hope this helps
m.a.y.a
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Princess In Disguise)
or that l'oreal hot straight thing or tresemme straightner spray-good luck

i second this post

i swear both products are not expensive yet work like a miracle i also use the ghd salon and the tresseme heat spray whereas before i used both of the above prods don't ask why, but my hair weighd down alot and felt greasy

luck!!
coni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my T-3 straightners work wonders on my 80's big hair and keep it straight untill the next time its washed unless it rains of course.
loser88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For the frizz thing afterwards I use Lee Stafford's Dehumidifier which you can spray on as lioberally as you want and it doesn't make your hair greasy. Also it's pretty good value- about £5 for a bottle which lasts quite a while...about 4 months.....!!
TheRandomer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can get straight shampoo and conditioner, and yeah maybe your straighteners aren't that effective.
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whats a cowslick?
tiger_vio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Laika)

NO!
If that was true, i'd have miraculously straight hair because I have ghd's.
Products are the key! When my hair is damp, I rub l'oreal hot to straight cream through it. I use tresemme smoothing serum when i'm straightening my hair.. and if its too frizzy/big I use john freida frizz ease to calm it down! Oh and of course tresemme heat protective stuff is fab. Lucky my hair doesn't get greasy for ages though, so I can use loads of stuff :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed