The Student Room Group

Is it possible to loose 2 stone in a week?

I have one week to possibly loose 2 stone or around that figure. I have been on the 1 week diet that makes you loose up to one stone in the one week time scale. Due to work I couldn't fit any exercise in so only lost a few pounds, it was mainly, eggs, plain meats salad ect. Just wanted to know if there is anyway to loose around or even 2 stone in a week? Now I have time off work I have all the time to exercise & everything else. I'm serious about this as it's very important to me, so please any help or knowledge to achieve this will be much appreciated if anyone has done so or knows of. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Losing 2 stone of solid fat in 2 weeks is highly unlikely to be honest. I wouldn't recommend losing weight that fast, you don;t want to risk getting rapid weight loss stretch marks, they never go away,
Reply 2
Not without the use of diuretics it isn't.
Reply 3
Cut off a leg maybe?
Reply 4
I lost 1 stone in 3 weeks and I was basically starving yourself. Unless you're not particularly fond of one of your limbs, don't try to lose 2 stone in 2 weeks.
Reply 5
If it all get's put on soon after, I do not mind. Even it's alot of water loss? It's just for one day.
Reply 6
not a chance.
Instead why not just have a lifestyle where you are living healthy/being the right size? instead of trying to lose so much weight at different intervals, which will end up back on.
Reply 7
Original post by Blazinq
not a chance.
Instead why not just have a lifestyle where you are living healthy/being the right size? instead of trying to lose so much weight at different intervals, which will end up back on.
As I have said, I am not worried if it get's put on very soon after, as I need to loose as much as I can for just one particular day even if it's water loss.
Unless you're very big it's impossible. Even then, it'd be extremely difficult.
Reply 9
Original post by Kate_555
As I have said, I am not worried if it get's put on very soon after, as I need to loose as much as I can for just one particular day even if it's water loss.

It won't happen, 2 stone in a week is unrealistic and is practically impossible
Doesn't sound very possible. I've lost only 5kg in one month because I lost my appetite (not trying to lose any weight). I ate just breakfast in the morning and sometimes forced myself to eat a snack at night. I probably ate only about 500 calories a day (still am, I really need to do something about it).

To be honest though I wasn't fat so I guess that's why I didn't lose much. If you're fatter it would probably be easier to lose more fat faster, but 2 stone just seems like too much in 1 week.
Reply 11
Well for everyone being negative, just found this. And all the comments seem to be great responses so, I shall try! I'm only size 12, but want to get in shape quick for something. http://www.jaduncan.com/2006/04/how-i-lost-stone-in-week.html
Leeeeeel. Not. A . Chance. In. Hell!

2 stone=28 pounds of fat= ~98000 calories

98000/7=14k calorie deficit a day needed.

You probably require about 2k cals a day to maintain. So now you need to find a further 12k deficit.

Now assume you can burn ~400 calories in an hour of jogging. Jog 24/7 and that is 24*400=9600 calories a day.

Still 2.4k cals daily short my friend.

In short, eat nothing all week, jog 24/7 all week (no sleeping, no toilet breaks- just piss and crap in your pants :smile: ) and intersperse the jogging with hard sprinting intervals all day and night long for the entire week and its possible.

I'd wager you'd die trying though.

GL OP :biggrin:.
A human head weighs 7 lbs, try that
Reply 14
if you can't fit any exercise in to guarantee a healthy weight loss, why even bother
Reply 15
Original post by In One Ear
Leeeeeel. Not. A . Chance. In. Hell!

2 stone=28 pounds of fat= ~98000 calories

98000/7=14k calorie deficit a day needed.

You probably require about 2k cals a day to maintain. So now you need to find a further 12k deficit.

Now assume you can burn ~400 calories in an hour of jogging. Jog 24/7 and that is 24*400=9600 calories a day.

Still 2.4k cals daily short my friend.

In short, eat nothing all week, jog 24/7 all week (no sleeping, no toilet breaks- just piss and crap in your pants :smile: ) and intersperse the jogging with hard sprinting intervals all day and night long for the entire week and its possible.

I'd wager you'd die trying though.

GL OP :biggrin:.

It's possible to burn enough calories if you skip rope. You calculated 400 calories burnt in 1hr of jogging, but it's not difficult to burn 600+ calories for rope skipping. Using an online calculator I'm able to burn slightly above 800 calories per hr if I skip rope at moderate pace. There was an option for slow, moderate, and fast pace. Calories burn faster if you skip rope faster, or wear thermal clothing/weights while exercising.

Rope skipping continuously for hrs every day for a week is going to be hell on your joints and muscles though... even with sports recovery drinks.

If you weigh 190 pounds for example, and skip rope for 15hrs per day, every day for a week, at moderate pace, it works out at 95015.66 calories burnt. Wear thermal clothing and you should be able to burn enough calories. Outside those 15hrs per day you'll be eating/crapping/sleeping.

You'll probably need an ambulance if you manage to skip rope for 10hrs non stop on the first day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
It's one of those impossible things in life... so no.
Honestly you're better off just eating healthily and exercising.
Original post by Walstri
It's possible to burn enough calories if you skip rope. You calculated 400 calories burnt in 1hr of jogging, but it's not difficult to burn 600+ calories for rope skipping. Using an online calculator I'm able to burn slightly above 800 calories per hr if I skip rope at moderate pace. There was an option for slow, moderate, and fast pace. Calories burn faster if you skip rope faster, or wear thermal clothing/weights while exercising.

Rope skipping continuously for hrs every day for a week is going to be hell on your joints and muscles though... even with sports recovery drinks.

If you weigh 190 pounds for example, and skip rope for 15hrs per day, every day for a week, at moderate pace, it works out at 95015.66 calories burnt. Wear thermal clothing and you should be able to burn enough calories. Outside those 15hrs per day you'll be eating/crapping/sleeping.

You'll probably need an ambulance if you manage to skip rope for 10hrs non stop on the first day.

Fantastic :smile:. Lets see just how badly the OP wants this. You have a plan OP, now its up to you :smile:.

Bet she wants to lose the weight for a wedding day or something lol.
Sure. Just choose which limb you hate the most and cut of it off. All your friends will be jealous.

Otherwise not possible unless you have liposuction or something.
They say 1 lb of fat is about 3500 calories. in two stone that would be 98'000 calories of fat. Assuming you need 2000 a day to survive that means you'd have to eat nothing and burn 84'000 in exercise over the week, being 12'000 calories of exercise per day, no food. You'd kill yourself or make yourself extremely ill if you tried to do this. If you're desperate, maybe try lypo suction?

Latest