Ancient and irreverent joke but repped up nevertheless. :rofl:
"Customer claims"

Daily Mail - no date on the linked article

Y'all believe what you WANT to believe
Reply 23
Daily Mail.

The Islamophobes Bible.
Reply 24
I'm a Muslim and I find this just weird. Makes no sence why they can't serve a customer a bible. These people are to extreme and stupid with their views. Giving us "Normal" sain muslims bad rep..
Reply 25
Suspicious lack of details in the article considering how anti-Islam The Mail is.
I wonder what the Final Solution to this question could be.
Original post by Sammydemon
I wonder what the Final Solution to this question could be.

I respect the fact that you are trying to promote tolerance by referencing Nazism, but I don't think anyone's religion should be above polite debate when they themselves (allegedly) bring it into the public domain.
Reply 28
Probably bs. The lady said someone with a 'headscarf', if she was a Muslim, why not call her by that? Furthermore, the book could have been dusty/dirty and she may not want to touch something dirty? Do you seriously think that the apparent Muslim women can go up to another M&S worker and say "I'm not serving her, the bible's dirty" and the other worker will be fine about it?
Reply 29
Original post by Heather11
Shocking!! - Am I bothered? :nah:

It might even open the grandmother's eyes to other ethnicities. I think we should have a gentler touch with integrating other ethinic communities into britain anyway, instead of bigots flying off the handle at these incidents.

Encourage the grandmother go + buy a petticoat instead! M&S has fab + sexy women's clothing for all ages!!
x

I wish I could neg your post, your face and you
(edited 10 years ago)
Jesus wept.
Reply 31
The Daily Mail.. LOL.
Why oh why, Jesus must be asking, do people take God so seriously?

My tolerance for people's religious beliefs has an ultimate tensile strength, and its plasticity is limited...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
What if the cashier was just telling her colleague that the till or area around the till was unclean just as a warning and they changed because she was just going on her break?
Original post by FxckStudy
Probably bs. The lady said someone with a 'headscarf', if she was a Muslim, why not call her by that? Furthermore, the book could have been dusty/dirty and she may not want to touch something dirty? Do you seriously think that the apparent Muslim women can go up to another M&S worker and say "I'm not serving her, the bible's dirty" and the other worker will be fine about it?

as someone who works in a supermarket as a cashier i have yet to see a product come through so dusty/dirty that i wouldnt touch it or as to be labeled unclean - and you wouldnt use the word unclean - that is only used as a religious terminology.

I believe - it was a woman in a headscarf working in an M&S, the rest probably hyperbole
Reply 35
Original post by Ace123
Muslims at M&S refused to sell a kids book of bible stories to a grandmother for being 'unclean'

Imagine the uproar if someone had refused to sell halal meat or something based on the koran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-508263/Muslim-M-S-worker-refused-sell-unclean-Bible-book-grandmother-customer-claims.html

Wow, you had to go dig something up that happened in 2008. I mean..,,,,,. Gordon Brown was a popular PM when it happened. Surely you and your fellow islamaphobes can do better than this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Heather11;45693215"]
Original post by Ace123
It might even open the grandmother's eyes to other ethnicities.

I agree with this, but is M&S the right place to do that? Imagine trying to buy a bar of chocolate but the cashier refused because they believed it was too unhealthy. It does sound like the grandmother needs to learn a bit more about other religions (especially with the 'I'm not racist but...' comment) but I don't think the cashier had the right to refuse her.
Reply 37
Original post by meenu89
I wish I could neg this post.

Tbh, DM are really disingenuous here. Updating a half decade old story so that it appears new. Vile journalism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Psyk
You know someone's about to say something racist when they start a sentence "I'm not racist but..."

What nonsense. Most statements that the PC gone media say are racist are not. It's a sign of how obsessed we are as a country with racism. People are slowly waking up to the fact that it's not racist to question and criticise other cultures when they try to overrule our own. People feel a need to say 'I'm not racist but' because they are scared stiff that they will be accused of racism. It's pathetic. We need a shift in this country with freedom of speech rolled back out.

If a person at Marks & Spencer's refuses to sell items, they should be sacked, regardless of what reason this is for. Business comes before Religion in this country.

People are concerned about Immigration. And with stores like this you can see why.
Reply 39
Original post by silverbolt
as someone who works in a supermarket as a cashier i have yet to see a product come through so dusty/dirty that i wouldnt touch it or as to be labeled unclean - and you wouldnt use the word unclean - that is only used as a religious terminology.

I believe - it was a woman in a headscarf working in an M&S, the rest probably hyperbole

Excellent logic. Strong level of strongness.

So when I told my friend the it get day that he's room is unclean...,.,.i was been religious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending