Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Lose 40,000 Exam Papers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesEpsilon)
    Now I wonder how much this post was concerned with the actual thread. I personally believe it was more to do with your pride. This place is a haven for psuedo-intellectual scum.

Oh and congrats on your amazing ability to casually slip all your grades into that post.
    Well the post would have been a good argument if you haven't sworn therefore lowering your credibility. If this place is such a "haven" for pseurdo intellectual scums that you insiunate the rest of us to be surely you become one by your own definition when you joined... *I won't swear, at least that will mean my post will retain credibility*

ReputationRep:
    Now I wonder how much this post was concerned with the actual thread. I personally believe it was more to do with your pride. This place is a haven for psuedo-intellectual scum.

Oh and congrats on your amazing ability to casually slip all your grades into that post.
    Congratulations on avoiding the swear filter. I'm glad to see you got a warning for that after I reported the post .

The original post was discussing OCR's loss of 40000 exam papers. I was recounting my exams I took with OCR, and then discussing how my grades could have been affected should any of my papers been lost.
    Pride? Pah, if people want to know my grades, up until a few weeks ago, they were in my signature. And, so what if I want to put my grades in a post? I achieve well, through my dedication to my studies and the fact that I work incredibly hard, so why should I not put them in a post; not that the post was actually for me to 'boast' about my grades. Trust me, if I do well in my GCSEs, I'll be shouting my grades from the rooftop. No pathetic (read 'jealous') fool like yourself will stop me.

Pseudo intelluctal scum? Maybe that'll give you some kind of incentive not to carry on posting here then. Or maybe you are 'one of us' too. :rolleyes: ... pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popa Dom)
    Yeah, its that parcel force arsing up again. My mum is an examiner for OCR, and she got about half her scripts almost a week late because of the delivery people. Apparently this happens all the time, some examiners come home to find the delivery company have just thrown the bag of scripts over the fence into the back garden, or have just left them on the doorstep. I seem to remember my mum saying one examiner found her scripts in her bin!

Anyway, if my critical thinking papers never make it to the examiner I'm not gonna complain..
    youre joking right?...for feck sake, this is meant to be one of the best education system in the world. i guess ignorance is bliss.

I only did business studies dual award OCR, and im sure hope that this thing doesnt happen to AQA or Edexcel papers.!..that would be seriously bad for me, especially AQA.

ReputationRep:
    AQA and Edexcel safely transport papers to a Scanning Centre and all scripts are scanned in and sent to examiners via the internet so they don't end up thrown in the "bin" -- bit of a exaggeration... if not that is extremely stupid.

Anyway, don't worry about AQA and Edexcel Kquishir, they seem to know a little bit better about what they are doing.

ReputationRep:
    This is only bad news for people not predicted A's. To hell with you all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataclysm)
    Well the post would have been a good argument if you haven't sworn therefore lowering your credibility. If this place is such a "haven" for pseurdo intellectual scums that you insiunate the rest of us to be surely you become one by your own definition when you joined... *I won't swear, at least that will mean my post will retain credibility*
    OK, this criticism I do not mind. It almost felt like a compliment. However, you say that by logic, I am similarly psuedo intellectual scum. This is incorrect. I am infact the anti-christ. I am bringing down the site from within under the guise of pseudo intellectual scum. One might say I am psuedo scum.
    The truth is I joined because I have many friends on here and I was intrigued. When I got here though, I saw the introduction thread that asks for your academic profile. It really angered me so it was my own mistake. Still I occasionally make a post or two when im feeling angry about something. Hence the swearing. I feel that a **** here and a ********** there are appropriate occasionally. We are human, if we negate that side for ettiquette or just to constantly make some articulate piece of prose then where is the passion in anything that we do. Im not in the mood for being a polite robot-sheep when conversing. Perhaps I am too open but I dont believe so. So when angry, why not use a swear word?

(Original post by brimstone)
    And, so what if I want to put my grades in a post? I achieve well, through my dedication to my studies and the fact that I work incredibly hard, so why should I not put them in a post; not that the post was actually for me to 'boast' about my grades. Trust me, if I do well in my GCSEs, I'll be shouting my grades from the rooftop. No pathetic (read 'jealous') fool like yourself will stop me.

Pseudo intelluctal scum? Maybe that'll give you some kind of incentive not to carry on posting here then. Or maybe you are 'one of us' too. ... pathetic.
    Pathetic is a great word. It requires no substance for its use yet it has the harshness of true insult that means something as if you have seen into the depths of my soul and are using it against me. So ouch! It hurts. But get another ****ing word.
    (on a side note, congrats with your exams and the fact that you work hard. I just like to remind people when I see posts like this, that they will probably amount to nothing as to be honest, GCSE's and A levels are worthy of nothing if going on any intellectual pursuit. With your grades you are a statistic sir.)

ReputationRep:
    (on a side note, congrats with your exams and the fact that you work hard. I just like to remind people when I see posts like this, that they will probably amount to nothing as to be honest, GCSE's and A levels are worthy of nothing if going on any intellectual pursuit. With your grades you are a statistic sir.)
    Although GCSEs may amount to nothing, they can be a deciding factor in university applications, which do amount to something. Of course A Levels are worth something - that's the biggest load of crap I've heard this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Although GCSEs may amount to nothing, they can be a deciding factor in university applications, which do amount to something. Of course A Levels are worth something - that's the biggest load of crap I've heard this morning.
    Perhaps if you read my post you would see that I said for any intellectual puruits, GCSE's and A levels amount to nothing. For academic pursuits, they have use. But then who would ever want to improve their lateral thinking or delve deep into a subject when they can stick to the syllabus and appear as smart.
    GCSE's hardly left me fulfilled. A levels have given me a similar feeling of dissapointment. They arent exactly strenuous on the mind.

Go listen to the killers and call yourself a student. shiftace

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps if you read my post you would see that I said for any intellectual puruits, GCSE's and A levels amount to nothing. For academic pursuits, they have use. But then who would ever want to improve their lateral thinking or delve deep into a subject when they can stick to the syllabus and appear as smart.
    GCSE's hardly left me fulfilled. A levels have given me a similar feeling of dissapointment. They arent exactly strenuous on the mind.

Go listen to the killers and call yourself a student. shiftace
    Now who's giving themselves an ego boost.
    Anyway, getting back OT.
    I am definitely not complaining if they lost my Latin Lit scripts, no I'll just have to hope my teacher was in a good mood at prediction-time:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cksjohns)
    Slightly worried reading today's Telegraph that OCR have lost over 40,000 of this summers scripts as ParcelForce have somehow failed to get them from the schools to the examiners. In some cases the packets of 40 exam papers have just been left on doorsteps with the deliverymen forging the examiners signature.

Fantastic!
    Good heavens! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry neo you did edexcel....

I thought you needed a reminder :p:

ReputationRep:
    i only did geography on OCR but they needn't bother losing that, i want the grade from my real exam because i'm hoping for 400/400 in total, but for my mock i only got 82% which would just give me an A*.
    but how difficult can it be to deliver some exam papers!?(obviously very)

ReputationRep:
    Note that the BBC report says candidates aren't given their ESTIMATED grade, rather a "guessed" grade which is assessed by a panel (of 3 wise men?) at the OCR.

It is scary to see how many people on this thread have accepted the sensationalist headlines at face value. There is no mention of any papers actually being lost this year at all, only rumours; the only figure given is that 853 out of 4 million papers were lost last year. They are very bad odds for your paper being lost!

ReputationRep:
    Do we know which areas they've been lost from? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lusus Naturae)
    It is scary to see how many people on this thread have accepted the sensationalist headlines at face value. There is no mention of any papers actually being lost this year at all, only rumours; the only figure given is that 853 out of 4 million papers were lost last year. They are very bad odds for your paper being lost!
    don't worry,i'm not losing sleep over it, i'd just rather they didn't lose my paper, i don't exactly think that they have definately lost my paper and my life is ruined just because a newspaper claimed that some exam papers have been lost.

ReputationRep:
    Why exactly are you people unhappy? I'm ecstatic! If you got a B in your mock and A*s in your coursework, they'll most likely predict you an A* overall. Or even if you didn't get A*s in your coursework, they'll still probably predict you an A at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    If your script is lost and you get an estimated grade, do you get told about it? Or are people with estimated grades unaware of it?
    If your grade is an estimated one, you will know. It will only show up as a letter on your results slip/certificate - no modular marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lusus Naturae)
    Exactly... nothing has been confirmed as of yet. However, am I the only one to think it out of order that any exam scripts, from 1 to 40000, should be lost in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathAwaitsU)
    Why exactly are you people unhappy? I'm ecstatic! If you got a B in your mock and A*s in your coursework, they'll most likely predict you an A* overall. Or even if you didn't get A*s in your coursework, they'll still probably predict you an A at least.
    Not everyone is the same as you! :rolleyes:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.