guys underwear - briefs stigma

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
after wearing boxers ever since primary school i recently tried some proper briefs just to see what they were like. i found them so much more comfy than boxers. i'd like to wear them all the time but there is such a stigma attached to wearing briefs. my family would think it weird if i ask for briefs instead of boxers as my brothers wear just boxers, and also guys in changing room may laugh. so at the moment i just wear them secretly. has anybody else switched to briefs and how did you go about it without causing embarassment?
LonelyPlanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate wearing briefs, when I was small I wore them as my parents essentially shop FOR me than with me.
Switched to boxers and they were ok
Now I always wear trunks and they are super comfy!
Autistic Merit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I personally wear boxer briefs as they look like boxers (so less stigma than briefs) but they maintain the tightness of briefs.
Mr Porter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Boxer-briefs! Best of both worlds
squealia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As a lady, I have got to say I think I prefer a boxer brief or briefs to normal boxers... I dont like all the baggy fabric getting in the way of a nice ass :P wear what you want!!
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dislike both boxers and briefs, but somehow boxer-briefs are perfect.
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For **** sake does anyone actually put so much thought into what other people think of your under wear? I wear high waisted breifs because they're comfy, look great under my dresses and look awesome to me. But there are plenty of people who think they're granny pants. The amount of ****s I give couldn't fill a basket. Just wear them
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
after wearing boxers ever since primary school i recently tried some proper briefs just to see what they were like. i found them so much more comfy than boxers. i'd like to wear them all the time but there is such a stigma attached to wearing briefs. my family would think it weird if i ask for briefs instead of boxers as my brothers wear just boxers, and also guys in changing room may laugh. so at the moment i just wear them secretly. has anybody else switched to briefs and how did you go about it without causing embarassment?
Just do't ask your parents for any underwear for christmas. Ask for chocolate/other Christmas things. As a girl I personally think boxers/boxer briefs look better, but you shouldn't care about that. Wear what you want. As for other men laughing at you in changing rooms, just make sure you're wearing nice/newish briefs and don't look like walter white

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/im...092013-xlg.jpg
Company Commissar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
For **** sake does anyone actually put so much thought into what other people think of your under wear? I wear high waisted breifs because they're comfy, look great under my dresses and look awesome to me. But there are plenty of people who think they're granny pants. The amount of ****s I give couldn't fill a basket. Just wear them

Lmao exactly what I was thinking! There's a point in life where you have to say eff it and do what you want to do without caring about ppl's opinions
Anonymous #1
haha i wouldn't wear walter white type underwear. i got these ones, are these ok?

http://www.next.co.uk/x535608s4

nobody knows i got them so have to wear and wash them in secret
GoodDay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's literally the opposite at my school. Everyone wears briefs apart from one guy who gets plenty of teasing for it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by beckaroo7)
Just do't ask your parents for any underwear for christmas. Ask for chocolate/other Christmas things. As a girl I personally think boxers/boxer briefs look better, but you shouldn't care about that. Wear what you want. As for other men laughing at you in changing rooms, just make sure you're wearing nice/newish briefs and don't look like walter white

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/im...092013-xlg.jpg
haha are these ones ok
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GoodDay)
It's literally the opposite at my school. Everyone wears briefs apart from one guy who gets plenty of teasing for it.
you mean boxer briefs though, not proper briefs?
beckaroo7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
haha are these ones ok
I approve
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Boxer-briefs all the way.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by beckaroo7)
I approve
thanks! i might risk wearing them "in public" for the first time for footy on saturday and see reaction from boxer wearing team mates!
beckaroo7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks! i might risk wearing them "in public" for the first time for footy on saturday and see reaction from boxer wearing team mates!
Good Luck
squealia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
those look good to me!
If they say anything just tell them not to knock it until they try it!
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been seen in my briefs by hall-mates, housemates, people at the gym, my friends, my family, long-term partners, short-term partners... total negative comments: zero.
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OP, life is too short to worry about what others will think of your underwear. I spent a few months designing this style of underwear and now wear them all the time.

In addition to being incredibly comfortable under a pair of leather pants, they also wick sweat away from your testicles, which as a PE teacher I've found incredibly useful in my working life.

If anybody is interested in buying a pair, come to the boys' changing rooms at St Martin's Church of England Primary School in Reading at lunch time (please knock before entering) so I can take your measurements. Thanks.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.2%
I'm not sure (59)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.85%
I'm not a current university student (636)
49.07%

Watched Threads