Second year Management student at Bath- any questions? Watch

University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,

I'm Ellen, a second year student of International Management and Spanish at the University of Bath and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

Ellen
MRayanS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I applied at bath a month ago but still didn't receive any answer… how long does it usually take to get an offer?
msiddhartha
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Ellen,

Could you please throw some light on career prospects for Indian students in UK. Especially, how helpful is Bath career advice team for International students. I got admit in MSc Management 2014 Sep entry.

Many thanks,
Siddhu
University of Bath
Rep:
?
(Original post by MRayanS)
Hey, I applied at bath a month ago but still didn't receive any answer… how long does it usually take to get an offer?
Hi there,

Bath processes applications as quickly as possible but sometimes they have to hold back on making a final decision until after the UCAS deadline on the 15th of January to make sure applications are given equal consideration.

I know how tough it is waiting to hear back from unis but hopefully it won't be too long now!

Ellen
University of Bath
Rep:
?
(Original post by msiddhartha)
Hi Ellen,

Could you please throw some light on career prospects for Indian students in UK. Especially, how helpful is Bath career advice team for International students. I got admit in MSc Management 2014 Sep entry.

Many thanks,
Siddhu
Hi Siddhu,

Firstly, congratulations! If you love Bath half as much as I do you'll have a wonderful few years studying.

I have a few Indian friends studying various undergraduate degrees within the school of management, and they have not had any difficulty finding placements. One friend in particular is enjoying his placement immensely and, when it comes to applying for jobs in the UK, results and interview are what are taken into consideration.

The Careers Advisory Service are amazing at Bath! From tailoring your CV for a specific job vacancy to writing a good cover letter to researching specific fields you may be interested in applying to, they have so much information.

They also have a huge database of contacts and past students who are happy to be asked about the application process to different industries as well as their careers in general.

I hope this has been helpful, feel free to ask me any further questions you may have!
Ellen
captainaesthetic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Ellen.
What halls did you stay in and were you envious of anyone elses specific accomodation ?

I've got an unconditional and am trying to gauge what halls to apply for.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bhatter
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hii i am from india and will be looking for sept 2015 intake for international business with marketing/management.....i wanted to know that would university of bath take me as i dont have mathematics in my A levels although i had in GSCE level with a grade B in it and a 90% in GSCE....I WOULD also want to know about the carrier prospects after my course coz i will be willing to stay in the UK for 2-4 years after the completion of my degree..
University of Bath
Rep:
?
(Original post by bhatter)
hii i am from india and will be looking for sept 2015 intake for international business with marketing/management.....i wanted to know that would university of bath take me as i dont have mathematics in my A levels although i had in GSCE level with a grade B in it and a 90% in GSCE....I WOULD also want to know about the carrier prospects after my course coz i will be willing to stay in the UK for 2-4 years after the completion of my degree..
Hi,

Thanks for your question.

You can find details of our entry requirements within our e-prospectus- just choose the course you are interested in and then select ‘full entry requirements’.

As you will see you do not need to have A level Maths for either our International Management or our Management with Marketing programmes.

Our School of Management places on emphasis on work placements which help to ensure that our graduates have strong career prospects. You can find more information on placement opportunities here, including a work placement blog written by one of our Business Administration students while on placement at L’Oreal.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Steve
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (13)
13.13%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (6)
6.06%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (5)
5.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (15)
15.15%
Monster Munch (8)
8.08%
Pringles (29)
29.29%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (5)
5.05%
Walkers Beef and Onion (2)
2.02%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (16)
16.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise