The Student Room Group

Muslims: What are your thoughts on this picture?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're both the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

the difference is quite obv, one is wearing a hijab the other is not
Reply 3
ones showing hair

ones not showing hair

doesn't really take a genius to work that out

though to be fair this thread isn't directed at non-muslims so idk
Reply 4
One needs to protect herself from 'unwanted attention' and the other one does not.
Reply 5
Original post by 22.
One needs to protect herself from 'unwanted attention' and the other one does not.

Unwanted attention? I didn't realise someone's hair attracted that much attention to be honest.

They're both the same except one is wearing a headscarf.
Reply 6
Original post by mcfc
They're both the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by has_700
the difference is quite obv, one is wearing a hijab the other is not

Original post by Robbie242
ones showing hair

ones not showing hair

doesn't really take a genius to work that out

though to be fair this thread isn't directed at non-muslims so idk

The OP is taking a dig at the Muslim girls that dress in a westernised way but still choose to wear the Hijab in a half arsed attempt to be modest.:claus::chaplin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Maryam26
Unwanted attention? I didn't realise someone's hair attracted that much attention to be honest.

well spotted:smile:
Not Muslim anymore, but if you asked me this two years ago when I still belonged to Islam, I'd think the hijabi is a big, fat hypocrite. I'd also think she's a stupid conformist who doesn't look into the religion, or rather, the Qur'anic teachings herself and only does what society tells her to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
(Not Muslim, intruding on thread, lols).
I thought Muslim females were supposed to dress more modestly than that? Skinny jeans aren't that "modest" in terms of showing the figure.
Reply 10
Original post by Vixen47
Not Muslim anymore, but if you asked me this two years ago when I still belonged to Islam, I'd think the hijabi is a big, fat hypocrite. I'd also think she's a stupid conformist who doesn't look into the religion, or rather, the Qur'anic teachings herself and only does what society tells her to.

So what are your thoughts on it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Philbert
(Not Muslim, intruding on thread, lols).
I thought Muslim females were supposed to dress more modestly than that? Skinny jeans aren't that "modest" in terms of showing the figure.

I know it defeats the whole purpose of wearing the hijab..

Posted from TSR Mobile
A jumper and jeans is revealing now? :rolleyes: Stop being so concerned with what others wear, you nosey Muslims.
Reply 13
Hijab doesn't just mean headscarf.
Reply 14
that beige scarf does not match those jeans nuh uh
Reply 15
Original post by Maryam26

Me neither.
I never understood the whole concept of hijab until I went to the Middle East and understood that women are wearing it protect themselves from men.
Sadly, they do not know that in Europe, they have nothing to fear, but it's part of the mentality I am afraid.
The hijabi is a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

It is a woman who respects herself that she consciously chooses not to conform to what society wants her to be. To not be a promiscuous she-devil with no self-respect. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who chooses modesty over conformity. Who chooses self-respect over being subject to the lustful eyes of evil men. Who chooses to give due respect to, and have the most beautiful, intimate relationship with, the creator. Hijab is not simply an article of clothing. It is a way of life. Respect to my hijabi sisters everywhere. <3
Original post by ScarletArrow
So what are your thoughts on it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same, except I don't take it personally like I used to when I belonged to the religion.
Reply 18
I see one with a scarf on her head and the other one without however neither are in hijab cos they are not dressed modestly and beige hijab amd those jeans umm no just no fyi I is a muslim hijabi and girl you dont wear it like dat :P xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Felix Felicis
The hijabi is a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

It is a woman who respects herself that she consciously chooses not to conform to what society wants her to be. To not be a promiscuous she-devil with no self-respect. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who chooses modesty over conformity. Who chooses self-respect over being subject to the lustful eyes of evil men. Who chooses to give due respect to, and have the most beautiful, intimate relationship with, the creator. Hijab is not simply an article of clothing. It is a way of life. Respect to my hijabi sisters everywhere. <3

A great insight, thank you...:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest