The Student Room Group

Feeling like i'm Lucky Person N0.1

Well, since your here you can hear my short story. So before the Christmas period i thought why not apply for a job, since i had never worked before? So i went onto a job website, and applied to Sainsbury's.

One day later i got an email i had an interview. Went to the interview, did all the tests (which i thought i did OK but not well on), and then went home. 2 days later, woke up for college and guess what? I had the job. Bear in mind it was temporary though.

Now Christmas comes, i'm actually finding my first job good (other than the neck pain since i'm working on checkouts). Managers calls me to the side before Christmas and offers me a permenant contract. Is it normally this easy?

First interview -> First temporary contract -> First permanent contract.

£6.71 an hour, booom. All is rosy, Ben's your uncle and Tim is your Dad.
Reply 1
Original post by Redster11
Well, since your here you can hear my short story. So before the Christmas period i thought why not apply for a job, since i had never worked before? So i went onto a job website, and applied to Sainsbury's.

One day later i got an email i had an interview. Went to the interview, did all the tests (which i thought i did OK but not well on), and then went home. 2 days later, woke up for college and guess what? I had the job. Bear in mind it was temporary though.

Now Christmas comes, i'm actually finding my first job good (other than the neck pain since i'm working on checkouts). Managers calls me to the side before Christmas and offers me a permenant contract. Is it normally this easy?

Congratulations! As jealous as I am for you haha, I am happy. Before my last temp contract ended at Menkind I was super happy and wanted everyone to hear of my success for landing the job. Good luck with the job!
Reply 2
Congrats on your job.
Original post by Redster11

I wouldn't say the word is easy...probably lucky?

I was similar to you, on my first day 'job hunting' I applied to about 10 different places, only got 1 interview, successfully passed that & have been employed in that job ever since. I think its a bit of a lottery, just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Reply 4
Wait what?

Ben isn't my Uncle and Tim is certainly not my Dad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending