Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I studied my first undergraduate in Australia, a BSc (Chem).

In Australia Law is a postgraduate degree (as in America), and so I had to do the undergraduate first to be able to do a Law there. I then decided to apply for England and got into Oxford, doing a BA in Laws.

I am a UK citizen, and my mother lives in the UK. However I will be living by myself in an apartment as I will be considerably older than others taking the degree and so want to avoid halls.

Will I be eligible for a tuition loan, maintenance grant or maintenance loan? Everything on the website indicates that I would get all that help in my situation, with the exception of the fact that it is my second undergraduate degree.

I was wondering whether because my first degree was not in the UK (or even EU), and the fact that I had to do that degree first in Australia, I would still be able to get student finance.

Many thanks, Sam

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
No I am happy with my choice (36)
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)

Watched Threads

View All