Condom or no condom when giving a blow job? Watch
I have been with my boyfriend for 3 months and I am planning on giving him a blow job. I am 16 and he is 17 and whilst I am a virgin and have never done anything like this before, he has had sex with a previous girlfriend but he is in the RAF (which I think means he has had to get checked for STDs but I am not sure about that) . So should I put a condom on him or would that be a bit odd/ unsexy?
Relatively very few blowjobs are done with condoms (or dental dams when talking about oral on women) but there are STIs you can catch via giving oral sex to someone who has one, especially if they come in your mouth. Most of them are curable - you have to be very, very unlucky to get HIV from giving oral to someone who is HIV+, for example. Whether that's too much of a risk for you is up to you.
If you decide to use one, it is worth trying some condoms, including flavoured ones, for taste beforehand.
- it's nasty for the person giving (it's latex!);
- it's nasty for the person receiving (there's barely any sensation!)
and while the risks of catching an STI aren't entirely zero they are extremely low.
Discuss it but I wouldn't go down the route of "you must wear one or else".
However in a relationship what's the point? It will talk awful, most condoms have lubricant on them so you'd get a great taste of that as well as the latex. And it wouldn't feel good for the guy either.
If you are worried about him getting too 'excited', just tell him to warn you.
OP - do you suffer from Herpes (cold sores a.k.a HSV-1)? If so, please refrain from performing oral sex on your partner (if you have active lesions or can tense an outbreak occurring) as you may transfer the HSV-1 virus to his genital area.
What's that mean? When you look at a sample of something, you don't know if you happen to have got the right figure for the whole group. It could
be the sample you looked at was odd, for example. So there exist a variety of mathematical tests that tell you things like 'your answer is 0.04%, and there's a 95% chance that this is about right, and a 5% chance that it's absolute crap'. Less than 95%, and everyone goes 'it could well be crap', much more than 95%, such as 99% or the Holy Grail of 99.9% and above, and you can make a bigger fuss about what you've found.
There are other tests which say, 'ah, but given this data, any figure between 0.001% and 0.05% would still had a 95% chance of being
"about right"'... and this is what happened here. It's quite possible that 0.04%, while low, is still a big overestimate of the risk, particularly as there are other studies reckoning the risk is almost nil. Given the assumptions they had to make - oral is very, very common when men have sex with each other - I personally reckon it is an overestimate. (If it weren't, they'd be a lot more HIV+ gay men!)
If he doesn't come in your mouth, it's nil or so close to nil that you're more at risk of dying through a heart attack while doing it.
One of the words for sex where only one person wants to do it is 'rape'.
What would happen if you said 'no'?