Could I get a new laptop through DSA?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
aaron1867
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Or in all seriousness, a new laptop as mine is gone & I can't really study away from University because of it?!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Umm why one earth would your DSA cover an all inclusive trip to Dubai?

DSA is there to help you cover any expenses your disability causes in relation to your education, so in theory yes DSA may cover you for a new laptop if your disability makes it so that you need a laptop to study. Though really you should be talking to the DSA providers about this to get a better picture.
aaron1867
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was joking Sophie.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aaron1867)
I was joking Sophie.
I'll be honest I really can't tell on this site any more :')
rickfloss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aaron1867)
I was joking Sophie.
you ready to sacrifice for a £500 run of the mill laptop?
NJones
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This thread just shows all that is wrong with DSA and peoples perceptions of it!

In reality OP, if you have a disability related need that requires you to study away from university, and evidence of this, then DSA can provide a replacement laptop computer to ensure you are successful in your studies. You will need to apply for DSA (if not already done so) attend and assessment where your needs will be identified. If you've already done this, then a top-up assessment can be requested due to change in circumstances.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.72%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.37%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.67%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (71)
27.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.15%

Watched Threads