The Student Room Group

Have you started revising for June exams?

Now there are no January exams for most of us, has your revision schedule changed? I have mocks in January but I am struggling to muster up the motivation to revise for them.

I've been doing little bits of revision since September and have been getting A*-B grades in all my assessments which just further reinforces my laziness lol.

So I was wondering if you are revising for mocks and treating them as real exams or if you're not doing much until the spring/summer time.

Thank you. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been keeping up with the work and going over stuff since sept.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LeaX
Now there are no January exams for most of us, has your revision schedule changed? I have mocks in January but I am struggling to muster up the motivation to revise for them.

I've been doing little bits of revision since September and have been getting A*-B grades in all my assessments which just further reinforces my laziness lol.

So I was wondering if you are revising for mocks and treating them as real exams or if you're not doing much until the spring/summer time.

Hey Lea, I remember you from the Chem Unit 5 thread a while back!

Were you taking a gap year again? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LeaX

Yup, I'm finding it so hard to stay motivated. And for me, motivation lasts an hour and vanishes!
no :ashamed2::noway:
Reply 5
Glad I'm not the only one struggling with motivation lol.

Original post by James A
Hey Lea, I remember you from the Chem Unit 5 thread a while back!

Were you taking a gap year again? :smile:

Hey :smile: yep taking a year to do a 4th A2 and resit some exams, including unit 4 of chemistry :frown: haha. Are you at uni now?
Original post by LeaX
Glad I'm not the only one struggling with motivation lol.

Hey :smile: yep taking a year to do a 4th A2 and resit some exams, including unit 4 of chemistry :frown: haha. Are you at uni now?

Ahh I see!

Yeah I'm at uni now. I love everything so far about the uni and course. I've met some really nice people so far.

I bet you can't wait to see the back of A-levels!
Reply 7
Going to start in january. Going to go to the college library 6 times per week and attempt to read one spread, make notes and answer questions for my subjects from jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not properly revising for June exams yet, (by proper revising I mean 4-6 hour slots a day with breaks and mind maps and coloured flash cards and the whole thing) ps- please don't judge me on how long I have to revise to get stuff through my head, it's just the way I am. But have been doing bits of copying out notes to just get the content through my head since September. For January, just doing one off mind maps and A4 notes.

Don't want to completely stress out before March, so I'm taking it (what some may say) easy.
I've been doing very brief revision, getting through the topics but at a very slow pace. Needs to be turned into hardcore revision from this week till June :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have mocks in early March, so I've been revising throughout the holidays. It doesn't help that I have the memory of a fish or that in all my subjects we've only got a quarter of the AS to go as we'd somehow done the rest (my notes say we've done alot of work, my mind says , 'I can't remember') :sad:
Oh my goodness, you guys start revising for your june exams now? Chill out, have fun. You have 6 months until the exams
I'm worrying now hahaha! I haven't even thought about revising yet! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Chill out guys, I didn't start revising until like three weeks before when I did my A2s. :tongue:
This **** is scaring me :O I was thinking that starting in February would be considered pretty early haha!
I'm studying everyday for the May/June exams, from now till the day. For me, I don't really bother with the mocks as much, even though its good practice as it help to know where you're progress is and what you need to work on. Motive = study, break, study

Posted from TSR Mobile
To know your progress so far*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bloody Jan mocks I have to, but i'll start next week, have to have some fun time :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by LeaX

I'm the same as you, January mocks but I've got no motivation at all :rolleyes: I will try and do as much revision as I can for my mocks but I wont be treating them like my summer exams, before my proper exams I spend like 3 weeks in my room revising until 10 at night and having no social life whatsoever because that's the only time I have motivation :rolleyes: Still gets me A's though :biggrin:
Hell no, I've not even started for my January mocks :redface: I'll start soon, I promise...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest