The Student Room Group

Place at Surrey Uni - feb 2014 adult nursing

Just wondering if anybody has a place at Surrey starting in February for Adult Nursing. All I know is we start on the 24th.. Does anybody know when we will get more information?
Reply 1
Original post by chloe1989
Just wondering if anybody has a place at Surrey starting in February for Adult Nursing. All I know is we start on the 24th.. Does anybody know when we will get more information?

Hi! I start at Surrey for adult nursing in 2014 too!! I don't know, they haven't sent any information through :/ Im still currently applying for accommodation. What about you?
Reply 2
Hi I am starting Surrey 24th February and have not heard anything.
Reply 3
Original post by chloe95
Hi! I start at Surrey for adult nursing in 2014 too!! I don't know, they haven't sent any information through :/ Im still currently applying for accommodation. What about you?

Ill be commuting to and from uni. And my placements are hopefully in the
Chichester locality. I'm hoping we hear something soon, as its coming around very quickly! I haven't heard much about my bursary either. Has anybody else?
Reply 4
Ill be commuting to and from uni. And my placements are hopefully in the
Chichester locality. I'm hoping we hear something soon, as its coming around very quickly! I haven't heard much about my bursary either. Has anybody else?

How do you know which locality you have? No i've literally heard nothing :/ getting worried and don't know what to do..
Reply 5
Original post by claudia1987
Hi I am starting Surrey 24th February and have not heard anything.

Do you know anyone else starting?
Reply 6
No.. I don't know anybody else starting! How about you? Do you know anybody?
Reply 7
Original post by chloe95
How do you know which locality you have? No i've literally heard nothing :/ getting worried and don't know what to do..

I'm sure we will be told soon enough. Probably be a week before! I'm more worried about my bursary not coming through! :frown: As for locality: I said in my interview ill be commuting.. And the closest location to my home address is Chichester. So that would be my locality. I know if you're staying in halls, they usually give you Guildford locality. But if you're moving away from home you could be expected to move to any locality which has limited numbers, as thy could struggle to find placements for people. But I wouldn't worry as its the Feb/March cohort there is a smaller amount of students anyway :smile:
Reply 8
Hello all,

Congratulations in securing a place everyone. I have assessment day for Nursing in January to start in February. I will appreciate any test/interview advice from anyone.
Thanks.
Reply 9
I'm sure we will be told soon enough. Probably be a week before! I'm more worried about my bursary not coming through! :frown: As for locality: I said in my interview ill be commuting.. And the closest location to my home address is Chichester. So that would be my locality. I know if you're staying in halls, they usually give you Guildford locality. But if you're moving away from home you could be expected to move to any locality which has limited numbers, as thy could struggle to find placements for people. But I wouldn't worry as its the Feb/March cohort there is a smaller amount of students anyway :smile:

I hope so! Why are you worried that your bursary won't come through? Oh ok fair enough. Is the start date 24th of February or 25th?
Reply 10
Original post by chloe95
I hope so! Why are you worried that your bursary won't come through? Oh ok fair enough. Is the start date 24th of February or 25th?

Just as I hadn't heard anything either! But I have now.. So that's one thing :smile: I believe it's the 24th we start :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by joyfull
Hello all,

Congratulations in securing a place everyone. I have assessment day for Nursing in January to start in February. I will appreciate any test/interview advice from anyone.
Thanks.

No real advice really, they ask questions specific to the individual, they asked me about experience I currently had and how it was relevant. The differences between a healthcare assistant, student nurse and a registered nurse. Strengths and weaknesses. Gave me scenarios I had to talk thorough. And as for the tests, it's all about your writing, punctuation etc, not necessarily what you write. And the numeracy I found pretty easy, just practice fractions, percentages and division. Also how to work out the mean. Hopefully that helps :smile:
Hi all

Congratulations!! I am also starting 24th February so will be looking forward to meeting you all :smile: . I too have not heard anything as yet. I have just recently emailed Charlotte Fenn to ask if we will be receiving any info soon. Originally i was supposed to start in the September intake but due to an illness I've had to change to Feb intake. Its probably for the best as i know it will be a smaller group and I'm definitely fit and ready now.

I previously applied for my bursary in July, assuming i was starting Sep and it has all been approved. Now I'm not sure if i have to reapply. Long and complicated but i did ask C.Fenn for advice. I did receive a welcome guide by email for Sep intake and I'm assuming Feb will be pretty similar. The first week is all about enrolment, uni tours and meeting other students. The timetable for registration is done by alphabetical order and takes place 8.30 -11.30 in the university hall. I doubt the Feb intake will be much different but hopefully we should all receive an email soon.

Oh! and the main book on the recommended reading list is..... Waugh, A and Grant, A (2010) Ross and Wilson 'Anatomy and physiology in health and illness'..... Very helpful book. I used it on my access course.

Hope this helps guys :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Sicilianfever
Hi all

Congratulations!! I am also starting 24th February so will be looking forward to meeting you all :smile: . I too have not heard anything as yet. I have just recently emailed Charlotte Fenn to ask if we will be receiving any info soon. Originally i was supposed to start in the September intake but due to an illness I've had to change to Feb intake. Its probably for the best as i know it will be a smaller group and I'm definitely fit and ready now.

I previously applied for my bursary in July, assuming i was starting Sep and it has all been approved. Now I'm not sure if i have to reapply. Long and complicated but i did ask C.Fenn for advice. I did receive a welcome guide by email for Sep intake and I'm assuming Feb will be pretty similar. The first week is all about enrolment, uni tours and meeting other students. The timetable for registration is done by alphabetical order and takes place 8.30 -11.30 in the university hall. I doubt the Feb intake will be much different but hopefully we should all receive an email soon.

Oh! and the main book on the recommended reading list is..... Waugh, A and Grant, A (2010) Ross and Wilson 'Anatomy and physiology in health and illness'..... Very helpful book. I used it on my access course.

Hope this helps guys :smile:

Hi I was supposed to start on the September intake too, but because I changed my mind from the child course to the adult at the last minute I was put on to February. For the bursary I had to apply again, but the deadline for February intake was December 31st.. but i'm sure if you call them up and explain it could be sorted out.. but i'd recommend calling them? Not sure what to expect from the February cohort.. can't find much information about it to be honest..
Where will you be staying?
I have my Adult Nursing interview for Surrey coming up, can you please give me some tips?? There will be Maths and English test, not looking forward to thag :/.
Reply 15
Original post by Sophie.Way
I have my Adult Nursing interview for Surrey coming up, can you please give me some tips?? There will be Maths and English test, not looking forward to thag :/.

Hi Sophie,

is this for PGDip or BSc? starting Feb 2014 or September 2014?
Original post by joyfull
Hi Sophie,

is this for PGDip or BSc? starting Feb 2014 or September 2014?

Adult Nursing(BSc), starting September 2014

Quick Reply

Latest