The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Evil-Tuna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rizzyh)
Anyways what's everyone's views on Israel/Lebanon - Israel are too backed up by US

read my thing..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=658
I would engage further in that debate but there are certain members on there who's argument I would have to pick up on and I've been told to ignore them.

It's quite a long story actually. It'd be amusing if it wasnt actually serious. I think you have a good point about the weakening of Muslim countries and the types of problems that continue to this very day without being close to remedied e.g. Iraq and Afghanistan. Any objective viewer can see how western foreign policy has helped to plunge countries into poverty. However, I've also been told to never make a connection between poverty and terrorism. Because some people seem to believe that because there is poverty somewhere and no ''terrorism'' such as Al Qaeda (despite the tribal militia) and guerilla warfare tearing some of these apart that I cannot make the claim.

It can be argued that terrorism is the poor mans way of getting a political agenda, with disregard and contempt for certain values. The disregard just like a case I have been making against indiscriminate weaponry, but once again the point about it being indiscriminate was ignored.

D&D is in a bit of a state right now. I think I'll only comment on the thread where I know I wont be mislabelled and misrepresented. Besides, I'm probably going to give up on it if it doesnt change quickly. I'd make the same suggestion to you as well.
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rizzy your post was excellent.
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got the jobbbbb!!!

had my topshop interview today (they said theyd lemme know in a week to 10days)

i get home and i get a phone call- you've got the jobbb!!!
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mortderire)
i got the jobbbbb!!!

had my topshop interview today (they said theyd lemme know in a week to 10days)

i get home and i get a phone call- you've got the jobbb!!!
well done mate...
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wow welldone! I'll be seeing you a lot then :P topshop oxford st is the best
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
Rizzy your post was excellent.
Jazakallahu Khaira
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hello:

"miracles are the violations of the laws of nature"-Hume :mad:
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Assalam Alaikum
hows everyone on this slightly better (weather wise) day?
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
I know...:p:

I just commented because most Saudis follow the Hanbali school of thought...as does the government.
I lived in saudia for a loooong time..yet im afraid i never learnt much about the different mazaahib! should i just go search somewhere?...im too lazy!
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaamz ppl i aint beeen on here for tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

jus wanted to say my salaamz but looks like no one is here!
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
this soc has gone really quiet i blame blair (just for the fun of it - as you can see im still not well and just a little bit crazy still)
TEH
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
this soc has gone really quiet i blame blair (just for the fun of it - as you can see im still not well and just a little bit crazy still)
Why blame Blair when you can blame the Jews...? :I

And whyd you need to be in Saudi to know about Madhabs, I've never lived there and I know about them, in fact, I've never lived there either and I've even seen the big square box... :eek:
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I went to WHSmith today and saw a book ''1000 places to visit before you die'', I was laughing at the stupid title as I have only fives to go:

Saudi Arabia
Dubai
Turkey
Tunisia
Egypt

all muslim
TheWildChild
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok i know this is a stuuuupid question, and ive been meanign to ask you guys for a while. but what is the whole situation between israel and palestine? in brief...or isn't that possible? and why doo all muslims support palestine over israel?

in my defence i'm not really in to politics. yea yea, laugh all you want, i dont know you so dont care lol
Evil-Tuna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The religious significance most likely. As well as a reaction to the perception (which is considered more accurate by the fact, the torah-true Jews who oppose Israel are considered a minority and dont seem to be respected in that opinion by the majority by and large) that most Jews will support Israel.

And obviously, there will be those who support Palestine because Israel has the worlds superpower condoning most actions. Some because of the poverty and the harsh living conditions like curfews etc.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Jumaa Mubarak!
taqo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
salams,
hey u guys, dont u think because its an islamic society, we should be talking about islam??!!! i mean there are a few good stuff, but alot of useless talk too....
we dont have to fight about something we disagree about, but instead everyone who knows or just found out about something interesting and would like to share it should come up and say it, and by that we will be sharing our knowledge with muslims and non muslims from all over the world.......
taqo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by TEH)
Why blame Blair when you can blame the Jews...? :I

And whyd you need to be in Saudi to know about Madhabs, I've never lived there and I know about them, in fact, I've never lived there either and I've even seen the big square box... :eek:
'the big square box' is called the Khaba by the way......its quite suprising that you've seen it, but dont even know what its name is.....maybe thats just a reminder to us muslims of how far away we are from our religion....sad
taqo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hafz)
ok i know this is a stuuuupid question, and ive been meanign to ask you guys for a while. but what is the whole situation between israel and palestine? in brief...or isn't that possible? and why doo all muslims support palestine over israel?

in my defence i'm not really in to politics. yea yea, laugh all you want, i dont know you so dont care lol
i dont really know the reason why they are always fighting , but as for muslims supporting palestinians over israel, its more that we are supporting our muslim brothers and sisters in Islam. In Islam, all muslims should be connected to each other like a body, if one part of the body is hurt, the whole body feels its pain, eg. a stomach pain can cause a headache, u cant walk anymore, ur back starts to hurt,etc.....that it was what the prophet Muhammed(pbuh) told us.....Islam teaches love of each other, peace, truth and kindness above all things....yet sadly these characteristics are hard to find nowadays....but yet we try our best to feel their pain and hurt as much as we can.
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tago)
the big square box' is called the Khaba by the way......its quite suprising that you've seen it, but dont even know what its name is.....maybe thats just a reminder to us muslims of how far away we are from our religion....sad
i blieve he was jokin
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (202)
27.48%
No (533)
72.52%

Watched Threads