Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TEH)
    Not wearing Hijaab is a major sin though I think...as is not praying...

But then, not praying Salaat is a big big fat massive humongous gigantic deal..
    actually salat is THE most important thing in Islam, and is the first thing that is checked in the day of judgment...so if u dont have prayer u dont have nothing....

about the inside, outside debate, i just wanted to say something. Islam is a religion that is in the middle of everything. that means that it does not stress on the inside sooo much and forgets the outside and neither does it stress on the outside and leave the inside, it asks for a BALANCE. Islam is all about balance. u have to be kind but firm and proud of ur religion at the same time. if u read into the prophet(pbuh) u will notice that its all about that.
    when i said we should stress on the inside BEFORE the outside, because thats the order that Allah brought the religion to the prophet(pbuh). When it comes to all that the prophet and his companions went through, a beird and a scarf is not what helped them be patient while they were being killed but its what was inside!!

look at how the companions were in makkah before alcohol was prohibited and before the beird and the scarf and everything outside come...

i totally believe the outside should be good too, and i cover and everything but the inside is what our umma needs nowadays in order for us to rise to the place that we were.

ReputationRep:
    Fair doos about your comments on the outside, inside thing. I was merely stating that for different individuals it can work both ways - inside, outside and outside, inside (presuming there's some semblance of an "inside" :p:) but yes, i agree that in this day and age that mindset is very important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Unfortunately i don't know arabic so i can't use those, InshaAllah if there's an English version please let me know if they ever do publish it! It sounds very interesting!

I actually wanted to last line (I think it was the only one my grandfather wanted) We have it in English, but i think he wants it in Arabic
    ya it is very interesting!! i remember trying to read the 'holy nectar' and got bored after a few pages, but this one is really good. im sure there are english translations, if i find it, ill let u know inshalllah.

ReputationRep:
    salaams guys, sorry I haven't been on lately - been entertaining guests and going out etc.. tomorrow im going to buy some clothes for a wedding yay, anyway just to say I hope your all keeping well, and to those of you who are going on holiday in the next few days..(the only person i can think of is rahmara) well have a really nice time and inshallah you'll have a safe journey,

salaams x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    Does anyone have a copy of Prophet Muhammed's (SAW) last sermon in arabic?
    Do mean his last speech during Hajj? Would you like the whole sermon or just the last bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    yep sister! Time flies by very quickly ooh, a wedding. cool. i know someone going on that date i think could it be the same person? :rolleyes:
    haha could be? they going for a wedding?

you busy packign and stuff then? visiting rellies b4 u go? requesting things to be sent over? could you bring me back ekh kilogram hutki please :rolleyes: btw how long are you going for? i prob asked b4 already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    actually salat is THE most important thing in Islam, and is the first thing that is checked in the day of judgment...so if u dont have prayer u dont have nothing....
    Actually, I believe it is Tawheed...believing in the oneness of Allah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Do mean his last speech during Hajj? Would you like the whole sermon or just the last bit?
    Assalamu Alaikum, if you could give us the entire thing and then i think he can cut and chop the part that he wants JazakhAllah Khair sis!

ReputationRep:
    Salaam and morning everybody :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    salaams guys, sorry I haven't been on lately - been entertaining guests and going out etc.. tomorrow im going to buy some clothes for a wedding yay, anyway just to say I hope your all keeping well, and to those of you who are going on holiday in the next few days..(the only person i can think of is rahmara) well have a really nice time and inshallah you'll have a safe journey,

salaams x
    walaykumm salam sister
    everybody thinks of me :rolleyes: i'll miss you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafz)
    haha could be? they going for a wedding?

you busy packign and stuff then? visiting rellies b4 u go? requesting things to be sent over? could you bring me back ekh kilogram hutki please :rolleyes: btw how long are you going for? i prob asked b4 already!
    im going for a wedding i dont think ive mentioned that though. Is the wedding date planned? yep busy packing away and visiting TSr just be fore i go. We do have people coming round and asking us to take things with them but unfortunately we cant. We're flying with BA and they've allowed us 23 kilos on luggae each (i think) so, you see, theres 4 of us going and i ve already packed my clothes and stuff which is already 23 kilos. no space left and erm...the thing about hukit,...i say again we are going with BA, and if we get caught, you know what will happen right sis,? :rolleyes: :ts:

ReputationRep:
    im going for a wedding i dont think ive mentioned that though. Is the wedding date planned? yep busy packing away and visiting TSr just be fore i go. We do have people coming round and asking us to take things with them but unfortunately we cant. We're flying with BA and they've allowed us 23 kilos on luggae each (i think) so, you see, theres 4 of us going and i ve already packed my clothes and stuff which is already 23 kilos. no space left and erm...the thing about hukit,...i say again we are going with BA, and if we get caught, you know what will happen right sis,? :rolleyes: :ts:
    o right kool. well they are goign on the 29th, and the wedding is basically that week. the dude getting married is from here tho.

lol typical bengalis eh? but obviously im important, so you're willing to take that kinda risk for me i am joking btw. dont even like hutki.

anyway, dunno if youll get this before ya go, so have a nice holiday! take lotsa pics!

ReputationRep:
    whats hutki/hukit:confused: is it some kind of drug or somefin

ReputationRep:
    nope. dried fish. dunno why its not allowed to be imported actually.

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum all!
    Finally back !
    So how is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and gentlemen, the spam king has arrived :p: (according to Rafy!)

ReputationRep:
    o yh, they call it bombay duck here for some reason
    i think its more hygiene than anything else

ReputationRep:
    w/salaam bro ayaz- where did u disappear off to?
    and alhmadulillah im good- urself?

ReputationRep:
    Im fine Alhamdullilah bro.
    I had to go for a secret rendezvous mission in Pakistan.. the terroists were a big threat to the local community, and they needed my 'Indian hero' antics! Like shooting three people with half a bullet, and blowing up an entire base with tissue paper rubbed with salt... You get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, my grandmom wasn't feeling all that hot (well), so I had to go there.
    She's fine now Alhamdullilah.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.