Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~>Mittow<~*)
    RAGHAIB

The night preceding the first Friday of the month of Rajab is known as “Laylat al-Raghaib”. This is one of the holy nights for Muslims.

The word Raghaib is the plural form of ragiba, which has meanings like “beautiful, valuable, a gift.” Thus the phrase Laylat al-Raghaib means “A night full of grace and gifts, of great value, that should be observed in the proper way.” On this night the Prophet had attained many of God Almighty’s graces and gifts, therefore prayed in thanks, gratitude and penance.

There is an incorrect belief among people that this night was the night that the Prophet’s mother, Amina, conceived him. His date of birth does not give any basis for such a belief. It is possible that this was the night that she realized that she was pregnant with the Prophet. It would be more appropriate to interpret this common belief in this way.

Even the very name of this night implies its spiritualityand therefore a it is a night on which Muslims should behave in a becoming way. One of the blessings of this night must be that it acts as a herald for the holy month of Ramadan. The fact that the months of Rajab, Shaban, and Ramadan follow one another causes Muslims to act in a more controlled manner on the days of these months. Raghaib acts as a reminder that the month of Ramadan, that “prince of months” when one purifies oneself of the errors of one’s heart, soul, and mind, is on its way. This is very important psychologically because those who immerse themselves in this state of mind are able to prepare their souls for the start; they scrutinize their daily worship, their charitable acts, their individual and familial responsibilities, their services to society. In short, they put themselves through a spiritual audit that is very beneficial. This awakens resolution and desire toward what is good and to purify the soul of what is bad.

nice peice of info, ateast i learned something new thanks for that

Some files
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Rajab_practices.pdf (225.7 KB, 121 views)
  2. Attached Files
  3. File Type: doc E-book_Rajab2006july.doc (441.5 KB, 5157 views)

Its tomorrow inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~>Mittow<~*)
    Some files
    nice i check it propely tommoro, but got good peice off info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    :p: minus 1week for you, right?
    yes. my future relies on these stupid exam results!

i will actually stay on another year if i get 3 C's or something!

ReputationRep:
    It's 02:09 here ın Turkey. All cousıns asleep. I'm lıstenıng to Maroon 5 'She wıll be loved' :p:

I really mıss UK It's been 10 days. Have another month to go :eek:

I'm fındıng Turkey harder than ı thought. I'm the only gırl cousın who wears the scarf...and ıt's quıte dıffıcult. I don't have any gırl cousıns ın London so ıts easıer...and sınce ı recently started wearıng the hıjab...ı've never actually gotten used to the ıdea that ı'm the only gırl ın the 'famıly' that actually wears ıt. Any advıce on how to make ıt easıer?

Lookıng forward to speakıng wıth you lot agaın. It's bedtıme for me. Take care

Salamun Alaıkum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    w/assalam
    lol....cant u see the beautifully plain green flag!! im from libya but i live in canada.
    what do u think of what i wrote in the D&D? thats all i could think of yesterday!!
    Oh fantastıc! I've been to Canada many tımes. Dads Canadıan. Whıch part of Canada do you lıve ın?

ReputationRep:
    Canada rocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    It's 02:09 here ın Turkey. All cousıns asleep. I'm lıstenıng to Maroon 5 'She wıll be loved' :p:

I really mıss UK It's been 10 days. Have another month to go :eek:

I'm fındıng Turkey harder than ı thought. I'm the only gırl cousın who wears the scarf...and ıt's quıte dıffıcult. I don't have any gırl cousıns ın London so ıts easıer...and sınce ı recently started wearıng the hıjab...ı've never actually gotten used to the ıdea that ı'm the only gırl ın the 'famıly' that actually wears ıt. Any advıce on how to make ıt easıer?

Lookıng forward to speakıng wıth you lot agaın. It's bedtıme for me. Take care

Salamun Alaıkum
    I can tell ur using those horrible turkish keyboards without the dot above the 'i' :p:

Know exactly how you feel! I started wearing the hijab when i was 11, and its only me and my mum who wear the hijab in the 'family'. I remeber when i first started it my cousins spread a rumour that i was forced into wearing the hijab and that i "told them" that :rolleyes: When we went turkey a few weeks ago, my cousins will give me the 'look' like a 'what-you-wearing-that-for?!' I remember being there that everyone was staring. I even met one woman who wore her hijab in Turkey but... not in Cyprus :toofunny: :p: Then there was one shopkepper and in every sentence she would always say 'InshAllah' 'MashAllah' 'Alhamdulilah' ...etc. When we asked if she was muslim she said: 'No, im not muslim im turkish' :rolleyes:

This is all expected, but it just makes you stronger We wear the hijab for only Allah Almighty and not for anyone else, keep that in mind and it makes you more stronger and it makes you wear the hijab with more pride :proud: Just remember, we wear the hijab with proudness (is that a word? :p: ) and for our love for Allah nothing else matters :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza09)
    i wasent really doing some reaserch, i just found that website so i thought i just ask cause most of the things i never even herd, so i put it that way, i even said that i never believed it thats why i asked, and that website is actually making islam look that they dont treat the woman fairly, i never realised this site was fake completely but had a doubt about it, and i just couldnt believe all of it so i just asked.

so sorry to all for wasting your time on this false website.
    Assalamu Alaikum to all!
    Nah man, it's good to ask us then we can discuss and expose something flawed like that article. No worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taqo)
    canada is really nice, but i dunno about libya!!havent been there since i was a baby...

rashid, northern africa is arab...u know like egypt, morroco, etc
    and whats the ME?? mu's uncle lives in canada and she visits him in the summer and we meet at this islamic gathering.
    Hmmm ME = Middle East :p: I was assuming only the ME was arab :p: I thought of Egypt when writing that, and was like nah they're all African :p: I harbour some allegiance to the continent where i grew up hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    I can tell ur using those horrible turkish keyboards without the dot above the 'i' :p:

Know exactly how you feel! I started wearing the hijab when i was 11, and its only me and my mum who wear the hijab in the 'family'. I remeber when i first started it my cousins spread a rumour that i was forced into wearing the hijab and that i "told them" that :rolleyes: When we went turkey a few weeks ago, my cousins will give me the 'look' like a 'what-you-wearing-that-for?!' I remember being there that everyone was staring. I even met one woman who wore her hijab in Turkey but... not in Cyprus :toofunny: :p: Then there was one shopkepper and in every sentence she would always say 'InshAllah' 'MashAllah' 'Alhamdulilah' ...etc. When we asked if she was muslim she said: 'No, im not muslim im turkish' :rolleyes:

This is all expected, but it just makes you stronger We wear the hijab for only Allah Almighty and not for anyone else, keep that in mind and it makes you more stronger and it makes you wear the hijab with more pride :proud: Just remember, we wear the hijab with proudness (is that a word? :p: ) and for our love for Allah nothing else matters :cool:
    Nice answer to that... And you wear it with pride, not proudness :p: Still doesn't beat me writing "mysteriousness" in an exam! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    That's because hardly anyone talks to me on here. There're a few (:hugs: to them) but I'm mainly ignored.

farhaaaan your not ignored :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    salam everyone,hope everyones fine

ReputationRep:
    Salam-alikum all!

I see Rashids pretty happy today after what Sri Lanka did to South Africa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Salam-alikum all!

I see Rashids pretty happy today after what Sri Lanka did to South Africa
    :eek: What'd they do? Damn i don't even know what happened! *goes to check!*

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu

ReputationRep:
    Well, South Africa are 169 all out!
    Excellent bowling by Sri Lanka!

ReputationRep:
    :aetsch: I just noticed... my flag is bigger than yours!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen the scorecard! It was a massacre! *evil laugh*
    94 run victory yeah!

Btw, is anyone fasting today?

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to, but I've got a cricket match later today.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.