The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
A Y A Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Originally Posted by mizfissy815
Finally and it must be said…I just scrolled through 30+ pages trying to find some Islamic topic that might have been discussed, and you know what? Most not all of those pages where just chat. I can’t speak on behalf of Dimez and Abbas but scrolling through all of that was rather tedious for me (with my oh so wonderful dial-up connection ).
I’m sorry to say this but you really can’t expect me to go through all of that and not get put off.
If there is an Islamic topic being discussed, I try my best to give my point of view on the matter.

I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, I really am. But it had to be said.

I have suggestion to make…Why not follow the LGBT soc.’s idea and start a chat thread in the Chat forum (so that it doesn’t close down for some reason), where we all can post about anything and leave this thread for any Islamic discussions that might arise?

AGREED
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What if a song is Islamic but has music in it... like Sami Yusuf?? cuz there's a very nice song (very good islamic meaning) with me which i cud post a link for it here... but im reluctant to do so... bcuz it might be haram... or i donno... so what u say abt islamic songs with music??
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nasheed is halal - don't forget there was poetry at the time of the Prophet (saw).. and he was praising them
randomuser#6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
tawbah, just don't dance through pray time, and mixed, hahha you gotta be kidding, unless you're married
lil one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dancing is wrong is it not? It could be considered "provocative" and especially around the opposite sex then im sure it would be completely forbidden, obvcourse Allah knows best.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
What if a song is Islamic but has music in it... like Sami Yusuf?? cuz there's a very nice song (very good islamic meaning) with me which i cud post a link for it here... but im reluctant to do so... bcuz it might be haram... or i donno... so what u say abt islamic songs with music??
I hate such songs. That's why I don't listen to Sami whatsis.
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This link covers it well:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545778
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How can these people mention Allah's name and then play the guitar with it at the same time?

Does anyone know who Junoon is? They are a popular sufi-rock band from Pakistan. Their guitarist (Salman Ahmed) has claimed that music IS NOT Haraam!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can anyone tell me WHY Islam opposes homo-sexuality?
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
How can these people mention Allah's name and then play the guitar with it at the same time?

Does anyone know who Junoon is? They are a popular sufi-rock band from Pakistan. Their guitarist (Salman Ahmed) has claimed that music IS NOT Haraam!

I agree. A little hypocritical, but then again, who are we to judge. I like Nasheeds by Dawud Whanarsby Ali.
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate such songs. That's why I don't listen to Sami whatsis.
Now I know what you mean.... if you search for english islamic songs... they're not good... they lack many things... but the song im talking about (Called: Free) is REALLY nice... in all aspects........

Would i be sinned if i post a link to download this song... just so that you can comment on it being haram or not?
randomuser#6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:Rofl: @ sufi rock band, spin spin spin!
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
This link covers it well:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545778
great link
lil one
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can anyone tell me WHY Islam opposes homo-sexuality?
Is it not just because Allah created man and women for a reason, and to go against all that and what Allah deems natural and right, and unnatural and wrong, is forbidden. I dunno - Allah knows best.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do not know. I won't bother to download. I don't even know what a Nasheed is!

It really ANGERS me to see girls on T.V wearing make-up and praising Allah. Plus, they make it sound like a song. They wear no Hijab, and then make all those claims in the little 'poem' of theirs. Pathetic!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_one)
Is it not just because Allah created man and women for a reason, and to go against all that and what Allah deems natural and right, and unnatural and wrong, is forbidden. I dunno - Allah knows best.
Ofcourse Allah knows best. But there must be a reason that has been put forward by Allah. Surely...
randomuser#6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
loot...
randomuser#6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"We also sent Lut: He said to his people: Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"" (Qur'an 7:80-82)

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)! They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings:" "O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!" So We delivered him and his family,- all Except an old woman who lingered behind. But the rest We destroyed utterly. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)! Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful." (Qur'an 26:165-175)

"Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant! But his people gave no other answer but this: They said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But We saved him and his family, except his wife; her We destined to be of those who lagged behind. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!" (Qur'an 27:55-58)
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Look I don't listen to music... but islamic songs with music... i still... but reduced.... actually inshallah i will stop completely because.. i remember there was a hadith which meant that there are things which are clearly halal and others which are clearly haram... and other doings which can be in between, called "shubuhat" (singular: shubhah) شبهات
And the hadith ended by "والتقوا الشبهات" transliteration: "wattaqu alshubuhat" - which means stay away from those shubuhat (things which you are not sure if they are haram or not)
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phoenix CG)
"We also sent Lut: He said to his people: Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"" (Qur'an 7:80-82)

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)! They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings:" "O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!" So We delivered him and his family,- all Except an old woman who lingered behind. But the rest We destroyed utterly. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)! Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful." (Qur'an 26:165-175)

"Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant! But his people gave no other answer but this: They said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But We saved him and his family, except his wife; her We destined to be of those who lagged behind. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!" (Qur'an 27:55-58)
Yes you're right.
These are "Qawm Lut" the tribe of "Lut" who the land from under their feet was risen high up in the skies (and by high.. i mean HIGH.. it went beyond the first sky but i cant remember which of the seven skies) by a feather from the Angel Gabriel's wing, and was then turned over 180 degrees vertically and left to fall down on the ground

that's the punishment for homosexuality for qawm lut (as well as showering them with brimstone)

now if any muslim NOWADAYS claims to be homosexual (or "Gay") and, astaghfirullah, has sexual contact with the same sex... his islamic punishment should be to be thrown from a high place head first to the ground
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads