Reply 505
salaams sup guys
Reply 506
hey....
Reply 507
#2(Laika)
hey....

I'm really bored..
okay topic for you all : Is photographs of humans/animals, wrong in islam? What are your personal views on it all? Do you take photos?

I'll give my opinion in a second after bigbrother :p:
Reply 508
Photography - Since my family became religious, my parents have decided that its against Islam to take photographs, and so we generally don't and burnt all childhood photographys :frown:. Will someone just confirm to me the reason why this is, because its sometimes very hard to explain to a non-muslim when they question me. The past few years due to peer pressure and I guess lacking strength inside I have taken photographs, and I feel quite guilty. I think it has something to do with idol worshipping after death and such. But when I was looking on the internet about this, there says there is no fatwa which strictly dissaproves of it.
Reply 509
Pictures of humans, animals and supposed representations of God are forbidden in Islam, as these objects on their own can become idols and be worshipped. But pictures of animals and humans are allowed if the intention behind using them is pure; ie, for educational use. (from a website, not based on my opinion)
Reply 510
lil_one
I'm really bored..
okay topic for you all : Is photographs of humans/animals, wrong in islam? What are your personal views on it all? Do you take photos?

I'll give my opinion in a second after bigbrother :p:

personaly i dont take that much photos anyway the 3 occasion i took was when i was forced by my bs teacher in taking a class photo, which i feel guilt i should have been more stronger, i also took photos to put in my passport i thought that was ok because you need that, oor you wont be able to live in this country, and the other time was when my brother got a degree but i was more forced into taking it, because of family reosen, everyone would have questioned when seeing the photos where i was. personaly from the inside of me, my heart and my soul says its worng but i aint that much against it wither ie. i dont stop someoone from taking someone elses photo
Reply 511
I loved photography but when I foind it was haraam years ago I dramatically stopped. The last and probably only photos I take is selling items on ebay.
Reply 512
But I also read photoshops/people who process photos etc will go to hell where their photos will come alive etc.

Basically don't take many photos - even if it's a wedding leave that to the camera man etc and you'll only look at wedding photos a few times in your life.
Reply 513
I've probably got myopia but I can't seem to find ISOC2 in the Soc list.

Only the closed ISOC1 is there.

Anyone told the mods?
Reply 514
Hello,

I have got in trouble recently so I will change my tact here and try to be more courteous,

I dont wish to upset/offend people, I have only known a few muslim people in my life,and it did not go down too well, but I wish to learn of what is considered offensive ect!

I am pretty opinionated but I dont want to verbally abuse people so I would like to learn to respect people of all faiths.

I have a strong sense of humour which gets taken for nastiness by people of all persuasions, so I would like to learn what to and what definately not to say when in the company of muslims.
Reply 515
That's a good start Rico :smile:
Ya Allah you guys have been busy posting! :biggrin: I'm counting something like 35-40 pages since i last posted :p: Well, i'll have a read and see if i can add my comments :smile:

Assalamu Alaikum to all! :biggrin:
A Y A Z: Actually, let me rescind that offer to be judge in your debate idea. I'm not sure what side i want to be on actually... I'd prefer pros cos some of the research in here might help me in D&D forums if there are any debates questioning Islam.
bigrico
Hello,

I have got in trouble recently so I will change my tact here and try to be more courteous,

I dont wish to upset/offend people, I have only known a few muslim people in my life,and it did not go down too well, but I wish to learn of what is considered offensive ect!

I am pretty opinionated but I dont want to verbally abuse people so I would like to learn to respect people of all faiths.

I have a strong sense of humour which gets taken for nastiness by people of all persuasions, so I would like to learn what to and what definately not to say when in the company of muslims.

:congrats: As to the last line, what to say and what not to say... I think it's more of a general line of respect towards theism and their beliefs. For example, i'm not atheist but i wouldn't ridicule one for not believing in the concept of God :smile:
Brimstone

Sorry, just a question. Do you all call yourself brother/sister out of respect? I know in Islam, older people are referred to as Auntie/Uncle out of respect, so just wondering if this was the same.

Hey there dude, nice question btw... Another dimension to that is that we're bros and sisters in faith and the children of Adam (AS), which is where the faith bit comes in i guess otherwise from that logic we're all bro's and sis' regardless of faith :p: Hehe...

It's also, imo, to show unity and equality. 'Brothers and sisters' identifies with a unified 'voice/ body', striving to achieve a common purpose :smile:

Latest