Turn on thread page Beta

The I-soc (Islamic Society) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    Alhumdulillah all good thankyou, and yourself ?
    Alhamdo lillah

ReputationRep:
    I got it from here:

http://soundvision.com/shop/pbrowse....=10012&age=&o=

I recommend the following cassetes/CDs : "the Prophets Hands" (Saw), "A whisper of peace", "Road to Madinah" and "Colours of Islam" all beautiful islamic songs mashallah
    So these songs have music or not?

ReputationRep:
    I think they just have the drum thingy - I'll try and find out properly x

ReputationRep:
    Salams every1 ill be off now!

ReputationRep:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...391&q=muhammed

Really nice video there, don't get a shock :p: No music, just voice... Dawud Wharnsby Ali.

EDIT: Wa Alaikum Salaam Morsey

ReputationRep:
    Today, Mr. Wharnsby-Ali is to Islam what Michael W. Smith is to Christianity and Debbie Friedman is to Judaism. Like them, he is putting the tenets of his faith in a pop music format that appeals to North Americans. But unlike them, he's doing it without the benefit of musical instruments, except for soft drums.

"The use of musical instruments is sort of a gray area for Muslims," he said. "There's a saying that when in doubt, stay away. So I try not to let it consume me. I stay mainly with vocals and with percussion in a very simple way, and it keeps the Muslim market pleased. I try to go at it in a way that's more gentle and less glossy. In that way, it's very different than the Christian pop scene."

His songs are often playful, but his goal is to inspire and educate. For instance, on "The Veil," he encourages young women to wear the Islamic head covering known as Hijab:

"This body that I have, no stranger has a right to see. These long clothes, the shawl I wear ensure my modesty. Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn't you agree?"

Thats Dawud Whanursby Ali speaking..

ReputationRep:
    salaam

alright guys, im moving house so i will not be able to come on tsr for a week or two.

really nice to get to know you all.

take care
    allah hafiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonya_p)
    salaam

alright guys, im moving house so i will not be able to come on tsr for a week or two.

take care
    allah hafiz.
    Assalamu Alaikum, hope that goes well for you and everything turns out alright InshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...391&q=muhammed

Really nice video there, don't get a shock :p: No music, just voice... Dawud Wharnsby Ali.

EDIT: Wa Alaikum Salaam Morsey
    i love that nasheed one of my favourites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonya_p)
    salaam

take care
    allah hafiz.
    Okidoki Sonya, hope that everything goes good and stuff, inshallah and we'll miss you lovely to get to know you too

tc salaams xx

ReputationRep:
    lol i was just listening to kanye west's heard em say and i noticed he said, "So I guess we just pray like the minister say, Allah o Akbar". Never noticed it before

ReputationRep:
    I hate that malarky, this life is short, sure I like to enjoy myself to the max, with extreme sports, fast cars etc, but nothing that transgresses the boarders, just wanna go to heaven I can die any time I go out on the road or even now.

ReputationRep:
    Muslim BNP Candidate?

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=854

Burn in hell traitor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyh)
    Muslim BNP Candidate?

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=854

Burn in hell traitor

I haven't read that whole article - but what the hell?!

BNP will never accept him fully anyway. He goes against their whole thing, the BNP hate Muslims and hardly even show it no more. Thats absbolutely ridiculous - that mans an absbolute moron.

Salaam

i come and everyone goes...typical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    i come and everyone goes...typical
    aww w/salaam I'm here brother

aww w/salaam I'm here brother
    hey...you alright?

ReputationRep:
    I am a non-pratising hindu. I was quite interested in Islam. Can a really good muslim in this society with very good English skills just lay out some information about the religion, rituals etc, and at the same time try to encourage me to take up the religion. Thankyou. I will be conducting research of my own ofcourse.

(Original post by Protruding _ahead)
    I am a non-pratising hindu. I was quite interested in Islam. Can a really good muslim in this society with very good English skills just lay out some information about the religion, rituals etc, and at the same time try to encourage me to take up the religion. Thankyou. I will be conducting research of my own ofcourse.
    we could probably help...but your best going to some Sheikh or something...Rashid knows quite a bit on here...so maybe he could help you in some way.....

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.