The Student Room Group
Justintabib
true. The Prophets did not commit sins on purpose -- however they might have made some errors in judgement before their Prophethood (or perhaps during their Prophethood and Allah knows best)but Allah helped them revert their decision or made them repent and those 'errors' have been forgiven by Allah SWT. Infact it is part of Iman to believe that they are sinless.

And when I say errors, make no mistake that these errors are deemed null to us considering the ERRORS & sins we make each day and every day! May Allah have mercy on us.
And as for the Sahabis Ajmae'en (companions of Muhammad PBUH), they were NOT sinless like the Prophets but they have been forgiven too & announced the good news of Jannat on earth. But it is not upto us to search for or discuss about or accuse them of their sins, since Allah & His Rasul has clearly ordained us not to.

And every topic could be discussed in greater detail, but we have to understand that the 'errors' (if any) that the Prophets may have made were actually because Allah wanted us - the ummah - to learn some specific things. For example, I heard our Imam saying that RasulAllah once hastily came to prayer and while the Iqamat was going on .. he stopped and said that he just remembered he was impure ... he took shower and then they prayed. May Allah guide us to their way -- the right way.

Exactly the point i was getting at, you got there before me :smile: Like you said, they could have made mistakes (like Musa (AS) killing that man) but that was before prophethood (if i'm not mistaken) and Allah (swt) can forgive mountains of sins with the metaphorical action of the "blink of an eye" :biggrin:
Reply 5461
Yes you made it clear there... errors ya... but not sins.. because if there are NO errors then the prophethood cannot be learned from and cannot be a guide to the whole world... because all mankind does errors, and they cannot follow the prophethood if it is errorless

Another example: When the Prophet (saw) has adopted Zaid ibn Haritha, he named Zaid after his name, and then Allah ordered him (saw) not to do so (it is not a sin... astaghfirullah... there was no rule from Allah to forbid naming adoptees (if this really is a word :p:) after the adopter's name before that event).... so it can be considered an error...

And this brings up a VERY important point (the reason why this event took place), this proves that Muhammad (saw) did not make up the Qur'an or invent Islam, because if he really did (Astaghfirullah), this event wouldn't have taken place and he would've not show himslef mistaken like that.

Another point to add: Adopting in Islam is NOT harram... but naming the adopted child after the adopter's name and removing his real father's name is what is haram.

(All this is per the Sheikhs: Omar Abdulkafy and Muhammad Hidayat)

And Allahu 'Alam (Meaning Allah knows best - or Allah knows better)

Jazakullahu Justin, your post is enough (but i just wanted to add a few points :wink: )
Reply 5462
The Green Manalishi
Exactly the point i was getting at, you got there before me :smile: Like you said, they could have made mistakes (like Musa (AS) killing that man) but that was before prophethood (if i'm not mistaken) and Allah (swt) can forgive mountains of sins with the metaphorical action of the "blink of an eye" :biggrin:

Yeah, Allah's merci is beyond imagination.

Remember the story of the man who killed 99 men. For those who cannot recall or don't know the story, a man had mercilessly killed 99 men. He, at a time in his life, started to feel remorse and guilt over what he had done. He went to a religious man and asked him if he could repent over what he had done and if he would be forgiven. The man told him, "No." So, he killed him, and the total he had now murdered was 100 men. He then visited another religious preacher and this man told him, "Yes, you can repent, but you must go to this place." So, the killer, set out on his trip to his destination. On the way, he died. The angels of mercy and the angels of punishment came at the same time to take the soul. The angels of mercy argued that he had a pure intention of repenting and would've done so and deserved to be forgiven, but the angels of punishment added that he had mercilessly killed 100 men! So, Allah sent a third angel to settle the dispute. This angel came up with a solution: Measure the distance from where the man set off from to his body and then measure the distance from his body to his destination. If he is closer to his destination, the angels of mercy will take his soul. If not, the soul will be in the hands of the angels of punishment. By the will and mercy of Allah, the man was only a few inches closer to his destination and, Alhumdulillah, the angels of mercy took his soul. Look at the great kindness of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. He forgave a man, who had pitilessly killed one hundred men. Why? Because he had a firm, pure intention of asking for Allah's forgiveness without despair and, "Allah loves those who turn to Him." (2:222) What more could one say to convince a person of how forgiving the Lord of Kindness, the King of all kinds, the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, truly is?

(source: http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id9.html - i copied the exact paragraph - par no.12 including the "bismillah" and the verses from the Qur'an)
Reply 5463
"Allah is Lord of Kindness to mankind, but most of mankind gives not thanks." (Suratul Baqarah 2:243)
mizfissy815
Hold up…Isn’t he the founder of one the major schools of thought (Hanafi)? I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have come up with that. I think it’s one of those things that got twisted after he passed away…
And didn’t anyone read Surah -al Ikhlaas?

Just reading through that, I’m starting to doubt whether or not all Muslims use the Quran as guidance. Rather disturbing to say the least….

Muhiba, thats why it has been stated by the Prophet that only ONE of the 70 sects shall be admitted to Paradise. There is a never-ending conflict between the sects; each believes that they are the 'chosen one' and shun the other.

I just hope to follow Allah, the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet, and leave the rest to Him!
o0MorseyMan0o

Remember the story of the man who killed 99 men. For those who cannot recall or don't know the story, a man had mercilessly killed 99 men. He, at a time in his life, started to feel remorse and guilt over what he had done. He went to a religious man and asked him if he could repent over what he had done and if he would be forgiven. The man told him, "No." So, he killed him, and the total he had now murdered was 100 men. He then visited another religious preacher and this man told him, "Yes, you can repent, but you must go to this place." So, the killer, set out on his trip to his destination. On the way, he died. The angels of mercy and the angels of punishment came at the same time to take the soul. The angels of mercy argued that he had a pure intention of repenting and would've done so and deserved to be forgiven, but the angels of punishment added that he had mercilessly killed 100 men! So, Allah sent a third angel to settle the dispute. This angel came up with a solution: Measure the distance from where the man set off from to his body and then measure the distance from his body to his destination. If he is closer to his destination, the angels of mercy will take his soul. If not, the soul will be in the hands of the angels of punishment. By the will and mercy of Allah, the man was only a few inches closer to his destination and, Alhumdulillah, the angels of mercy took his soul. Look at the great kindness of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. He forgave a man, who had pitilessly killed one hundred men. Why? Because he had a firm, pure intention of asking for Allah's forgiveness without despair and, "Allah loves those who turn to Him." (2:222) What more could one say to convince a person of how forgiving the Lord of Kindness, the King of all kinds, the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, truly is?

(source: http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id9.html - i copied the exact paragraph - par no.12 including the "bismillah" and the verses from the Qur'an)

I know this story. Subhan-Allah! Allah is the Most Forgiving.
here you go guys, the tsr isoc chat thread:
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5521659#post5521659
Btw Ayaz even though ur from UAE, u sound like ur from the UK :smile:
I do? How so?
A Y Z
Muhiba, thats why it has been stated by the Prophet that only ONE of the 70 sects shall be admitted to Paradise. There is a never-ending conflict between the sects; each believes that they are the 'chosen one' and shun the other.

I just hope to follow Allah, the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet, and leave the rest to Him!

I'm a bit weary of that list... How do we know those are the absolute sects? What if all the followers perish tomorrow and a new one starts on Thursday?

What have they done to prove/ research into those sects?
The Green Manalishi
I'm a bit weary of that list... How do we know those are the absolute sects? What if all the followers perish tomorrow and a new one starts on Thursday?

What have they done to prove/ research into those sects?

I can give you no guarantee. But you can bookmark the list and have it shown to someone who CAN verify it.
But I do know that it is right; not VERY accurate, but accurate just the same.
A Y Z
But I do know that it is right; not VERY accurate, but accurate just the same.

How exactly? This is what i'm getting to... What's there to substantiate it?
The Green Manalishi
How exactly? This is what i'm getting to... What's there to substantiate it?

I got it off a book; 'The true Message' by Dr. Zakir.
A Y Z
I got it off a book; 'The true Message' by Dr. Zakir.

Fair, see now that i can respect. It's not totally convincing but better :smile:

Which Zakir? Naik?
Yes! The one from India!
Reply 5476
o0MorseyMan0o

I just realised something... I heard before that the man was exactly half-way... but by Allah's mercy the angles of mercy took his soul.

:confused: Correct me if I am mistaken.
No the man was JUST (maybe a couple of steps) closer to his destination. He was forgiven.
Nice story that one is! :smile:
Reply 5479
A Y Z
No the man was JUST (maybe a couple of steps) closer to his destination. He was forgiven.

Ok.. you know better than i do

Latest