The Student Room Group
o0MorseyMan0o
W/salam

yes i was just going to say that.... but i backed off because I got a little confused there... thinking that maybe the 7 skies will later be the 7 heavens .... but it seems that there's no hadith saying that..... but about the darajat yes you're correct

jazakullah kol kheir

(You talk arabic .. u must)

Agreed that perhaps it's all one big "heaven" but i definitely think it's got 7 levels to it.

Why would it mean "sky" but then say "heaven" in the Qur'an? The verses i quoted... Surely all the learned people i've listened to couldn't have got it wrong...?
Right lemme get this straight, there are 7 hells, 7 skies and EIGHT heavens?!?!

Does it come down to how good you were in this lifetime and then get put into whatever level of heaven or hell is appropriate?
The Green Manalishi

Why would it mean "sky" but then say "heaven" in the Qur'an?

The Quran makes it very clear that it is either the sky or heaven it is referring to..

When there is mention of the skies the Quran always says there are seven levels to it, whereas when speaking about heaven the Quran never gives a specific number of its levels..
I have just had a look at the verses you quoted..

Actually in the Quran (in Arabic) there is a clear-cut distinction between skies and heavens... in all the verses you quoted the Arabic equivalent to the word "heavens" is skies (samawat) not heavens (jinan, which is the correct translation of the word heavens) .. God says that the sky has got seven levels, and this idea recurs many times in the Quran.. when speaking about heaven itself, however, no mention of the number of levels is ever made in the Quran..
Evening Star just out of curiousity are older than me?
I am definitely older than you..

please do not ask me how old I am :doh: ..

just kidding, of course..

I am in my late twenties.. :flutter:

Oh God! I am really getting old.. :bawling:
Woooo...oh sorry *secretly woo's*

Late 20's isn't old....honestly it isn't....trust me it def isn't....I'm not helping much am I :angel:
not if you compare it to other members' ages.. ;dry;

but do not worry, you can still consider me an 18- year old (or even less :lollypop: ) and talk to me accordingly .. people never guess how old I am, and tell me I look 21 or so, which makes me very happy :love:

most importantly, I really feel I am a child on the inside :broken:..

salam
Hehe people think I'm 16 bad thing is I end up attracting kids which is not good at all :frown: :redface:
Reply 5569
Poison Ivy
Hehe people think I'm 16 bad thing is I end up attracting kids which is not good at all :frown: :redface:
^o)
Reply 5570
Poison Ivy

sorry?:confused:
It doesn't matter, don't worry :smile:
Reply 5572
looooool.. you 16.... 5ft0...... attract kids

:p::p::p::p:
Well obv at that height you'd look younger....sometimes I get told I look 17,18,19....it's kinda bad when I have to let them down bless their cotton socks :p:

(Kids to me = anyone below 20yrs!)
Poison Ivy
Well obv at that height you'd look younger....sometimes I get told I look 17,18,19....it's kinda bad when I have to let them down bless their cotton socks :p:

Lol, age is just a number :wink:
agreed. I've got more credentials than a lot of over 20's
Reply 5576
Poison Ivy

:mad:
Oh right so you expect me to tell my folks:

Me: Hey I've found someone!!
Them: Oh thats good who is he? where from? level of education? etc etc etc
Me: Oh he's still studying
Them: Oh that's good the more educated the better
Me: He's younger than me
Them: Well a couple of weeks isn't that bad
Me: No not a few weeks
Them: Well then a few months isn't bad
Me: erm more like a few years....
Them:.....*slap*
Poison Ivy
Oh right so you expect me to tell my folks:

Me: Hey I've found someone!!
Them: Oh thats good who is he? where from? level of education? etc etc etc
Me: Oh he's still studying
Them: Oh that's good the more educated the better
Me: He's younger than me
Them: Well a couple of weeks isn't that bad
Me: No not a few weeks
Them: Well then a few months isn't bad
Me: erm more like a few years....
Them:.....*slap*

Lol :p: in the end, it depends on you and not your folks :p: If he has manners and religion then age shouldn't really be a prob :smile:
True but then it could get hard because you're both at different levels of understanding things and see things differently in a different perspective you know.

Latest