ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
    I'm fine.....

whats with the :wtf?:
    :confused:
    You said something about sins... thus the :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Yes Morsey, I can read and write and understand Arabic.
    I do know the difference.
    OK
    sorry for that....

ReputationRep:
    OK
    sorry for that....
    But I don't speak Arabic very well

ReputationRep:
    You said something about sins... thus the :wtf?:
    Ok but you must agree that we all have sins, if not a lot

ReputationRep:
    But I don't speak Arabic very well
    Practice it... you are in the U.A.E, are you not?
    There try to speak Arabic a lot... i'm guessing that your preferred spoken language is english... so try more of Arabic (at least the accent spoken in U.A.E)

ReputationRep:
    Practice it... you are in the U.A.E, are you not?
    There try to speak Arabic a lot... i'm guessing that your preferred spoken language is english... so try more of Arabic (at least the accent spoken in U.A.E)
    I do understand it; but most of my friends prefer English and even Urdu! I can explain my self I need to. But I need a stronger accent.

ReputationRep:
    Ok but do something about it now... because the older you get the more difficult your learning will be.
    I remember this saying (I'm not sure if it is a hadith or not) which means that learning at youth is like craving on stone, while learning at older age is like scratching on water.

ReputationRep:
    OK salams Ayaz... it has been nice with you, it is hard here in Kuwait to find freinds like you (and yes I consider you my freind )

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Cheers bud! :five:
    Hey, vote for your fav. Mod/Mini-mod/Admin in the Chat thread!

ReputationRep:
    assalamu alikom,

How are you doing?

thanx for welcoming me

yes o0MorseyMan0o my name does mean a sign, and a verse is a sign as you said, but I like the fact that it is more associated with a Quranic verse in people's minds..

As for the number of heavens, I am sure beyond doubt that it is unknown. How can it be known to be eight (or any other number) when the prophet (PBUH) himself said that Al Mujahidoun have 100 levels in heaven, and never referred to an exact number of the levels as a whole!

Would you like me to quote the relevant hadith? I can do that only in Arabic as it is the language I studied Islam in, and I do not have any English references, unfortunately.

Edit. Sorry I need to go now, will be back in the evening insha'Allah.. please tell me if you still like me to quote the relevant hadith so you can have a look at it..

salam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justintabib)
    strange indeed because I've always been taught there are 8 heavens according to their comforts & provisions ... while there are 7 layers of sky & Allah SWT comes down to the lowest sky every night (during the last portion of the night) to accept our Dua & forgive our sins.
    Yes, that's what i learnt too... Except i learn it as "heavens" and not "skies"

ReputationRep:
    Someone should clear this up.

ReputationRep:
    Someone should clear this up.
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    I'm going to ask a mufti about it.

Tbh, it doesn't really matter... I have faith that whatever's up there is definitely good enough :p: And Allah (swt) will give me not what i want, but what i truly deserve. 'Nuff said

ReputationRep:
    W-Salam Rashid! :five:
    Please let me know when you find out.

ReputationRep:
    Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) narrates: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: there are four bounties that if one gets them then he is bestowed with what is the best in this world and the Hereafter: [1] A heart which is thankful [2] A tongue which remembers Allah [3] A body which endures hardship [4] A wife who neither cheats [on her husband and remains chaste] nor squanders [his] wealth. [Taharani]

When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up;

When the stars fall, losing their luster;

When the mountains vanish (like a mirage);

When the she-camels, ten months with young, are left untended;

When the wild beasts are herded together (in the human habitations);

When the oceans boil over with a swell;

When the souls are sorted out, (being joined, like with like);

When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned -

For what crime she was killed;

When the scrolls are laid open;

When the world on High is unveiled;

When the Blazing Fire is kindled to fierce heat;

And when the Garden is brought near;-

(Then) shall each soul know what it has put forward

Qur’an; Surah Takwir (The Overthrowing): Ayah(s) 1-14

ReputationRep:
    Attaining Purpose of Life

There are three steps to attain the whole-sole purpose of human life.

Step One: Be Positive Minded

Always bear a positive outlook. Several pessimistic and negative thoughts might come across your path in this journey towards your goal. Transform every negative thought to a positive one by using the word but. If a thought comes to you, I am sad, then immediately transform this thought into a positive one. Say, I am sad, but if I desire,
    I can experience the feeling of bliss here and now itself. If you think that I cannot do this work, then reframe the thought in this manner I cannot do this, but with the help of God it can be possible.

Step Two: Be Present Minded

In this step you are required to keep yourself alert about every sound, every incident, every thought around you, every moment. By doing so, you will become sensitive about yourself and your surroundings. You will also get rid of forgetfulness. You shall no more remain absentminded. Your awareness about the present also will make you aware
    about negative emotions or vices in you such as hatred, disgust, anger, pride, comparison and greed. Thus your mind starts to become pure. Practice living in the present using all the methods and meditations that you come across. (Many such exercises are featured in our newsletters regularly)

Step Three: Be Single Minded

In the third step, you are undisturbed and only focused towards the whole-sole purpose of your life. Remind yourself of your whole sole purpose throughout the day. It is the law of life that whatever you are receptive toward, whatever you focus your attention on, that manifests in your life. Be single minded about the whole sole purpose of being established in the centre within where you experience eternal bliss.

ReputationRep:
    IMPORTANT NEWS:

ASTAGFIRULLAH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    I'm going to ask a mufti about it.

Tbh, it doesn't really matter... I have faith that whatever's up there is definitely good enough :p: And Allah (swt) will give me not what i want, but what i truly deserve. 'Nuff said
    Ask a sheikh, not a Mufti, a Mufti is referred to when something which has not been experienced at the time of the Prophet (saw) requires an islamic solution. But this one does require a sheikh or "Mufassir" to clear up a misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    Important News

http://news.aol.co.uk/article.adp?id...03102709990018

Astagfirullah

ReputationRep:
    Ask a sheikh, not a Mufti, a Mufti is referred to when something which has not been experienced at the time of the Prophet (saw) requires an islamic solution. But this one does require a sheikh or "Mufassir" to clear up a misunderstanding.
    I don't know a sheikh.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.