The I-soc (Islamic Society) Watch

This discussion is closed.
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by stranger)
I hope you aware that birthday celebrating is not part of the Sunnah akhee.
Ya you're right....
stranger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought maybe he thought that only celebrating of the birthday of the Messenger of Allaah sallAllahu `alayhi wasallam was a bid`ah and thus not allowed.
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
Ayaz you motly say Agreed... but you dont do anything about it :p:
That's coz I'm right and lanky boi here knows it :p:
lala_land
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Assalamu Alaikum,
Happy birthday Ayaz!!! You're a big boy now eh?! :p: :party:

Lala_land - I'll answer that question later, gtg now
k thanks, the reason I'm asking is because I'm in the situation myself and i don't know what to do. i know if i keep it to myself that my parents will still make me do things like read the quran (and since I don't believe in it anymore i don't wanna do that). However if i do tell them I'm not sure how they'd react, who knows they might even kick me outta the house!! So i just wanted to see what other muslims would do.
*titanium*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know most of you are quite religious, and personally i used to consider myself either atheist of agnostic. I dont really 'pray' ever, i have had 'chats' with G-d in times of need.

All this time, i was doing it all wrong, as an example i was yesterday feeling rather nervous about the A levle results coming up. So i start asking G-d to help me, i tell him 'please, if i dont quiet make the grade, make them accpet me anyway'

This was always the style of what i asked from G-d and then i realsied this isnt how it works! I then asked him for courage and i got it, i honestly feel so much mroe calm and relaxed since my chat with G-d
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lala_land)
k thanks, the reason I'm asking is because I'm in the situation myself and i don't know what to do. i know if i keep it to myself that my parents will still make me do things like read the quran (and since I don't believe in it anymore i don't wanna do that). However if i do tell them I'm not sure how they'd react, who knows they might even kick me outta the house!! So i just wanted to see what other muslims would do.
Lala_land you're still young I'm assuming and when you're 16-23 you go through many changes and experience many things whether they're major or minor but you still go through these changes. This makes you start to think about many things including your faith and it makes you want to know where you stand and all these why questions start to come up. But also it is a test of your faith when you are young the satan tempts you a lot more as you're still learning in a way so you get more provoked to deter away from Islam. The best thing to do is just try and keep some sort of faith Insha'allah one day you'll realise and your faith will become more stronger as you get older and more wiser. Hope that makes sense

I also hope no body on here starts to patronise you or judges you either.
Btw you from my land
stranger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lala land - Would you like to explain why you don’t believe in the Qur’aan or don’t want to be a Muslim at all anymore? Maybe we can help, indeed this would be a grave mistake if you continue; even if everything seems confused at the moment as Poison Ivy has mentioned.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hello people how we doing today!
stranger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Al-Hamdulillah.
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Any topic I'm burning red someone help?
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hehehehe poor Morsey been a bad boy! :p:
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
WHat are you laughing at :p: I will pos rep you when I become green so that it can actually add to your points.....?
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok really I'm serious (yeah right) any topic?

this is cool!!
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You need to get out more if you find this cool!! joke and can I not laugh???

:p:

Anyway the topic was not believing/losing faith....

I gots to go chat to ya's later xx
~ABR~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's a Muslim I know who says "I believe in some of the Qur'an, not all of it".... and he sees nothing wrong in drinking alcohol or eating pork. I think the best way is to advise him... any suggestions as to how I would advise him? But the problem is I don't think I will see him again ever.
stranger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Any specific reasons?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As-Salam alikum!
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:bban:
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whats up Rizzy?
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salam bro, nuttin much doc - just have to go 2 someone's house in 10 mins (blessing ceremony/make dua etc)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.86%
No (582)
60.31%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.83%

Watched Threads