Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    See what happens to us in a Western, Individualistic, Atheistic, etc. world.

We forget who we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .S.O.S.)
    Do you know what child bearing feels like, no so you can't say if its a blessing or not. Every woman is an INDIVIDUAL who will have different perspectives on similar situations. And men don't have rights to having a providing woman if they want?, woman can make they're own money, we don't need you to say we'll provide everything for you, you can live in harmony... like women can sustain themselves.
    Precisely, now tell me why you were crying about about an inheritence earlier if you wanna forge your own path in life? Tbh, i don't know much about that inheritence rule so i can't comment. Men don't have rights to having a providing woman, but if he does have any woman he has to provide for her.

ReputationRep:
    ok so im supposed to ignore how i feel personally about a situation, just because im not MENT to be an individual, my thoughts dont count...just be another sheep.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...060806,00.html

hey everybody go onto the above link, the reporter doesnt know how to respond especailly when george galloway says, you beleive isreaeli blood is more precious then lebanese and palestinian blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mortderire)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/qou1dy

go gallowayyyyyyyyy
    Woooooooow what a MAN!!

ReputationRep:
    ive even got a photo with him! lol
    that guy is great

ReputationRep:
    ok so im supposed to ignore how i feel personally about a situation, just because im not MENT to be an individual, my thoughts dont count...just be another sheep.
    No, comment on it. I just thought your approach was a bit... insecure, which is why i pulled that hole in it. I've always welcomed an open discussion

ReputationRep:
    'Precisely, now tell me why you were crying about about an inheritence earlier if you wanna forge your own path in life?'

Thing is if men can 'forge they're own path in life' then women should have the choice of doing so too, that would equal things out, then inheritence should be equalled out etc. Isnt that what equality is about, both being given the same choices and oppertunaties. (rubbish at spelling, you have to excuse me.)

ReputationRep:
    'Precisely, now tell me why you were crying about about an inheritence earlier if you wanna forge your own path in life?'

Thing is if men can 'forge they're own path in life' then women should have the choice of doing so too, that would equal things out, then inheritence should be equalled out etc. Isnt that what equality is about, both being given the same choices and oppertunaties
    Yes, but like i said i have no idea as to the background of that verse, so i can't comment. I will however try and find out about it for you
    And i wholeheartedly agree about women being equal.

ReputationRep:
    ok I'm taking a break.

ReputationRep:
    ok I'm taking a break.
    I found some info on your query about the inheritance. Now it makes perfect sense even to me. See below. As the husband/ man is expected to spend on her and she can earn and keep her own money then she gets less inheritance as compensation.

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

We really appreciate your question, which shows how interested you are in becoming well acquainted with Islam and its teachings. May Allah bless your efforts in the pursuit of knowledge!

In Islam, woman is recognized as a full and equal partner of man in the procreation of humankind. He is the father; she is the mother, and both are essential for life. Her role is not less vital than his. By this partnership she has an equal share in every aspect; she is entitled to equal rights; she undertakes equal responsibilities, and in her there are as many qualities and as much humanity as there are in her partner.

Elaborating more on this, the Saudi House of Fatwa, states:

Islam came to honor women and raise their status, to give them a position that befits them, and to take care of them and protect their dignity. So Islam commands women’s guardians and husbands to spend on them, treat them well, look after them, and be kind to them. Allah says what means: (And live with them honourably.) (An-Nisaa' 4: 19)

It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The best of you are those who are best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives” (At-Tirmidhi)

Islam gives women all their rights and allows them to dispose of their affairs in an appropriate manner. Allah says: (And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.) (Al-Baqarah 2: 228)

This includes all kinds of dealings, buying, selling, compromising, appointing others to act on their behalf, lending, depositing trusts, and so on.

Islam enjoins upon women the acts of worship and duties that befit them, the same duties as men, namely purification, zakah, fasting, Prayer, Hajj, and other acts of worship.

But Islam gives a woman half the share of a man when it comes to inheritance because she is not obliged to spend on herself or her house or her children. Rather the one who is obliged to spend on them is the man, just as the man is responsible for spending on guests, contributing to payment of ransom money, and spending on reconciling between conflicting groups.

With regard to the testimony of two women being equivalent to the testimony of one man in some cases, that is because women tend to be more forgetful than men because of their natural cycles of menstruation, pregnancy, giving birth, raising children, and so on. All these things preoccupy them and make them forgetful. Hence according to Islamic Law, another woman should reinforce a woman’s testimony so that it will be more accurate. But there are matters that pertain only to women in which the testimony of a single woman is sufficient, such as determining how often a child was breastfed, faults that may affect marriage, and so on.

Women are equal to men in terms of reward, remaining steadfast in faith, doing righteous deeds, enjoying a good life in this world and a great reward in the Hereafter. Allah says: (Whoever works righteousness—whether male or female—while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment, and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (that is, Paradise in the Hereafter)) (An-Nahl 16: 97)

So we know that women have rights and duties, just as men have rights and duties. There are matters that suit men, so Allah has made those matters the responsibility of men, just as there are matters that suit women so He has made those matters the responsibility of women.
    http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503548820

ReputationRep:
    Belle if you want to have an answer for all questions in your mind, make an effort to first taking knowledge from those who know more than us. (i.e. Scholars)

I think the best thing to do is like you Rashid.... so that we don't fall in the risk of saying something wrong because we're trying to make it in our own words. Better to refer to articles produced by scholars or much more qualified people.... as you have just done

ReputationRep:
    One more Rashid. :P

SOS: I hope you understand that the web is consists of alot of rubbish and that you're not learning Islaam off some kaffir site. We must learn to by critical of our sources.

I found the following fatwa on the issue of Unequal Inheritance in Islaam on islamonline.net:

Title
    Difference in Inheritance Between Men and Women

Question
    What is the wisdom of the discrimination in the distribution of inheritance between men and women in Islam? Is it because of the natural differences between them?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

First, it should be known that every Muslim must believe that Allah’s law is the most suitable law for all mankind, even if its wisdom is unclear. Differences in the distribution of inheritance is not based upon gender differences but rather on other considerations such as the degree of consanguinity between the giver and the receiver of inheritance, the fact that younger generations receive a larger share of inheritance than older ones, and that persons with heavier responsibilities receive more of the inheritance.

Responding to the question, Dr. Salah Sultan, President of the American Center for Islamic Research, Columbus, Ohio, and Manager of the Center for Fatwa and Islamic Education in Columbus, Ohio, states the following:

True Islamic understanding for the jurisprudence of inheritance in Islam reveals the variation in the shares of inheritance for men and those for women. However, this variation is not due to gender difference, but rather due to divine wisdom and objectives that many fail to see. They even regard this difference between the shares of men and women in some cases of inheritance as something to prove the incomplete competence of women in Islam. However, the Islamic jurisprudence of inheritance is controlled by the following three criteria:

1. The degree of kinship between the receiver (man or woman) and the deceased. The closer the relation, the greater the share given regardless of the heir’s gender.

2. The position of the inheriting generation in the chronological sequence of generations. The younger generations usually receive larger share than the older ones regardless of gender. For instance, the daughter of a deceased man receives a bigger share than his mother does, and the daughter of a deceased woman receives a bigger share than her father does even if the daughter is an infant.

3. The financial responsibility imposed by law upon the heir. This criterion is the one from which difference results between males and females. However, such difference does not lead to any injustice done to women; it may be quite the other way.

Furthermore, the following four points should be known:

1. Women receive half of men’s share in four cases only.

2. In many cases, women receive the same share of inheritance as men.

3. In 10 cases or more, women’s share is bigger than men’s.

4. In some cases, women receive shares of inheritance while corresponding men do not.

In other words, in more than 30 cases, women take the same or more than men take, or women take a share while men do not, while there are only four definite cases in which women receive half of men’s share.
    - Taken from http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503549574

One more here:
    Why Male's Share of Inheritance Doubles Female's?
    http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/eng...hFatwaID=54819

ReputationRep:
    yea i'd like my sources to not be from anyone who is against islam or totally for islam, i would like an unbiased expertise account of things. hang on i'll look at those links.

ReputationRep:
    yea i'd like my sources to not be from anyone who is against islam or totally for islam, i would like an unbiased expertise account of things.
    Unbiased? You've gotta be jokin me!

ReputationRep:
    Anyways, check this out, it's so cute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO9ilnU5keI&NR

ReputationRep:
    the TVs provin a bit of a distraction, lol

ReputationRep:
    LOL! the tv is a distraction!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for answering my questions, i still have a bit of a problem as to how I'm gonna tell my parents, thats if I'm going to tell them. I was made to read the Quran today and felt really.. bad i guess i should say for giving my parents the impression i agree with it when i don't. Do you think i should carry on reading it just to please my parents? It won't do any harm i guess.

ReputationRep:
    u wana convert out of islam?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.