The Student Room Group
Reply 6340
Indeed.
Reply 6341
lil_one
Very, very, bored. Indeed.

So what could one do to entertain you?

Farhan are your warnings going up and up? i swear you had 5 yesterday?!
Are you bored because you do not have a lot to do? if so, lucky you! I have a damned lot to do (piles of books to read) and I am just wasting my time in every single way known to man :redface:

Students will always be students..
Reply 6343
Indeed, I am bored because I have little to do at the aforementioned hour of time and my level of energy at the current moment is little to nothing, resulting in me talking, or more precisely typing, like a prat. Indeed.

Salaams to all x
Dimez
Just out of curiosity Muhiba, how are you going to go about doing that?

:smile:

Got her out of the house for a brisk walk around the neighborhood to use up some of it. Had a bottle of sugar-water in hand just incase.
Note- My mom is diabetic (type 2).
Reply 6345
its so difficult to keep up with all the posts, you're gone for a minute and theres like a page of posts, lol.

Hi Sketcy Canvass, i'm starting an access course in september and then going to university next year. Not sure what i want to do yet. Probably primary teaching or a law or science degree.
Midwifery sounds like a really good course. I also looked at that option because i like the direct involvement with the mothers but again my health holds me back. I wish you the best of luck with your results and your course when you start it.

So is anyone else awake? its really humid tonight where i am, so that means i wont b able sleep much tonight. But i do have cosy fresh duvet covers that smell of a summers meadow,aaaaaaahhhhh, cosy.

Slp well

xx
Reply 6346
mizfissy815
Got her out of the house for a brisk walk around the neighborhood to use up some of it. Had a bottle of sugar-water in hand just incase.

Salaamz!

Do what exactly? :smile:

I'm a nosey sod i know!:p:
mizfissy815

why would she drink sugar- water if she is diabetic?
Reply 6348
Laaibah
its so difficult to keep up with all the posts, you're gone for a minute and theres like a page of posts, lol.

Hi Sketcy Canvass, i'm starting an access course in september and then going to university next year. Not sure what i want to do yet. Probably primary teaching or a law or science degree.
Midwifery sounds like a really good course. I also looked at that option because i like the direct involvement with the mothers but again my health holds me back. I wish you the best of luck with your results and your course when you start it.

Slp well

xx

Salaamz sis!

I take it your new i aint seen you around her before? i am sure loads of ppl already have said so but welcome!

Could i just say you have the most beautiful name it means angel of death?! :confused: was going to name my sis that but my mama said no! :frown:

So is anyone else awake? its really humid tonight where i am, so that means i wont b able sleep much tonight. But i do have cosy fresh duvet covers that smell of a summers meadow,aaaaaaahhhhh, cosy.

i never sleep! mine smells of lavender!
in case her blood sugar levels get too low
Reply 6350
Evening Star
why would she drink sugar- water if she is diabetic?

in case her sugar levels drop! :rolleyes: LOL!

And god forbid they did she would feel very ill and may go into a coma this is very rare though. It is bought about maybe by burning of all the sugars with exercise. My dad has it.
I see, I thought if one's sugar level drops then one is not called diabetic.

It really makes me feel so sad when I read all the anti- Islam posts out there. I do not know what is wrong with people. Do you believe we are not doing what we should do to give a good picture of our religion and ourselves? is it because we do not mix with non- Muslims in the way we should do? should we advertise our religion etc.

Is there a practical solution, or is it going to be always like that? :frown:
Salaam
(did not know where to post, thought this might be the right place)
Where can I buy islamic art...modern islamic art, something which interests the younger generation because now a days there is so much available..
Thanks!
Reply 6353
Evening Star
I see, I thought if one's sugar level drops then one is not called diabetic.

It really makes me feel so sad when I read all the anti- Islam posts out there. I do not know what is wrong with people. Do you believe we are not doing what we should do to give a good picture of our religion and ourselves? is it because we do not mix with non- Muslims in the way we should do? should we advertise our religion etc.

Is there a practical solution, or is it going to be always like that? :frown:

Salaamz sis! i aint seen you around her either!

it is still classed as diabetes the reason being the carbohydrates/sugars are used for energy and are burned of so you must keep topping them up!

and about all the -ve stuff about islam where you can try and diffuse it there is loads on TSR and since 9/11 it we have been up against it but it is a test to see who is string in there belief and who will pass from Allah. it will get worse i am sorry to say. i think there will be a time when the whole world is against us.

I think there are a few muslims who by all this hatred are being turned into extremists and the US etc do not see this. But then again there is a small minority who encourage it and stoke the fire.

Islam seems outdated against other major religions and is one religion which is not controlled by society. hence many people think it opressive and violent. there are many translations of the Quran too which have been misinterpreted and blown out of context by many.

But be calm and be patient dont think ill towards anyone and all will come good.

Damn-sounds like i am depressing you even more!
Reply 6354
Hi wierd and wonderful, yes i'm new around here but thank you for the welcome.
The meaning of my name is: Laaibah is the prettiest women in all the jannats (heavens). She will be in jannat al firdous.

It can also be spelt Laibah and the meaning of that is:Angel of Heaven.
I'm sure it doesnt mean angel of death.

So what name did you give to your younger sister? I love choosing names for babies.

Allah Hafiz
Reply 6355
Laaibah
Hi wierd and wonderful, yes i'm new around here but thank you for the welcome.
The meaning of my name is: Laaibah is the prettiest women in all the jannats (heavens). She will be in jannat al firdous.

It can also be spelt Laibah and the meaning of that is:Angel of Heaven.
I'm sure it doesnt mean angel of death.

So what name did you give to your younger sister? I love choosing names for babies.

Allah Hafiz

Sadia it suits her now but i was so keen on layba just coz it is so different and unique. thats is angel of heaven on death! :eek: Sorry!

Refer to me as Kamran its better than Weird and Wonderful.
Reply 6356
yeh sorry Kamran, i thought it sounded funny me calling you by that. Sadia is a beautiful name. I dont know what it means, but t reminds me of the summer. I dont know why.
salaam bro. I am a new member.. I just resort to the internet and join forums whenever I have much studies to do :p:

You are right about Islam now, sadly :frown:. I wish we could show people the greatness of this religion. Wish they could see how full of love, mercy, peace, democracy and freedom it is. Wish we could set an example for people in our everyday lives, but are we good enough to do this, or do we really isolate ourselves from Western people, thus reinforcing their fear/hatred/ignorance?
Reply 6358
Laaibah
yeh sorry Kamran, i thought it sounded funny me calling you by that. Sadia is a beautiful name. I dont know what it means, but t reminds me of the summer. I dont know why.

Sadia means blessed i think. I also had Maryam on my shorlist but again no! MY name btw means successful!

anyways enough about names.....tell me bout yourself! nationality? wherabouts? interests? etc etc AGE?
Reply 6359
Evening Star
salaam bro. I am a new member.. I just resort to the internet and join forums whenever I have much studies to do :p:

You are right about Islam now, sadly :frown:. I wish we could show people the greatness of this religion. Wish they could see how full of love, mercy, peace, democracy and freedom it is. Wish we could set an example for people in our everyday lives, but are we good enough to do this, or do we really isolate ourselves from Western people, thus reinforcing their fear/hatred/ignorance?

NO never chuck in the towel as they say! Just be the best muslim you can be and leave the rest upto the almighty. There will always be ppl who hate us and dont beleive what we say/do etc but we do not have to prove/show them anything. do we?

Latest